Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #1
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2015

Recall

Just booked my car in with dealership for an oil change, when speaking to the receptionist she states "there's a recall on your car" it will be dealt with at oil service.... when I asked her what it is, she muttered something which I didn't grasp even after asking her a second time! Anyone know what this could be???
My car is a 2015 LCI, only thing I can find online is a suspicious driveshaft weld?? : anyone else had a recall??
Appreciate 2
OneExtra809.50
M5Rick58907.50
      05-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J11SEK View Post
Just booked my car in with dealership for an oil change, when speaking to the receptionist she states "there's a recall on your car" it will be dealt with at oil service.... when I asked her what it is, she muttered something which I didn't grasp even after asking her a second time! Anyone know what this could be???
My car is a 2015 LCI, only thing I can find online is a suspicious driveshaft weld?? : anyone else had a recall??
There’s an online recall thing here

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

Thanks for posting this, I’m in the dealer on thu and I can ask for myself. My experience has been that some recalls are a bit hit and miss.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Just checked mine and its says no recall, mine was built in Sept'16
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #4
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
Just checked mine and its says no recall, mine was built in Sept'16
Same came up for mine Re the vin plate, but as soon as I gave her my reg no. She instantly said there's a recall on my car...... :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Put my vin in and my ones not affected.Jan '13.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Put my vin in and my ones not affected.Jan '13.
That's what I'm getting at, the website gave me a negative Re the recall, but the dealership instantly said it will be done (whatever it is) when it goes in for oil....
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I will ask my service advisor tomorrow when she calls as the car is with them, thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #8
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's what I'm getting at, the website gave me a negative Re the recall, but the dealership instantly said it will be done (whatever it is) when it goes in for oil....
Go to my dealer and you’ll need some tyres too
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #9
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm5 View Post
Quote:
Go to my dealer and you’ll need some tyres too
Lol, feck that!! I'm even taking my own oil so they just supplying filter and labour! I'm gonna show the mechanic it has zero codes/leaks/faults before he drives it so they can't "try" and con me! Horrible that you can trust a multi million pound company!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 01:26 AM   #10
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Lol, feck that!! I'm even taking my own oil so they just supplying filter and labour! I'm gonna show the mechanic it has zero codes/leaks/faults before he drives it so they can't "try" and con me! Horrible that you can trust a multi million pound company!
I’ve never been able to get over the idea that they ‘borrow’ the car or that they boot it from cold during the ‘test run’. I know I’ve been told this is an old wives tale but years ago I used a very prestigious lotus dealer some time ago and I saw some 18something mechanics do a ‘Ferris bueller’ on a customers esprit V8, literally driving it out the back door and wheel spinning off down the road.

A few years ago I was overtaken in my M3 by a loon going way too fast in a Z3, we caught up in town traffic and ... funny old thing ... it was a BMW salesman from my (then and now) dealer in ‘someone else’s car’ (probably the demo). Although at first I thought it was a hairdresser.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 03:18 AM   #11
Dormermike
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

Not an m5 but Sytner Newport left my car for after hours collection and when i got in the fuel warning light was on. I never let it get that low. They had been test driving it to diagnose a vibration they had caused (a wheel buckle). The car had originally gone into them running perfectly but needed a new front wishbone. I get it back with an awful vibration, and the steering off centre. They had done a KDS on the front wheels only (thick bastards) and somehow a rear wheel had ended up buckled. They took it in for the day to redo KDS and investigate vibration but refusing to acknowledge wheel damage and i then get it back with low fuel light. They had used half a tank. I got a full tank of fuel out of them eventually but they refused to replace the wheel. Sorted myself in the end, but wont be going back.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #12
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Not an m5 but Sytner Newport left my car for after hours collection and when i got in the fuel warning light was on. I never let it get that low. They had been test driving it to diagnose a vibration they had caused (a wheel buckle). The car had originally gone into them running perfectly but needed a new front wishbone. I get it back with an awful vibration, and the steering off centre. They had done a KDS on the front wheels only (thick bastards) and somehow a rear wheel had ended up buckled. They took it in for the day to redo KDS and investigate vibration but refusing to acknowledge wheel damage and i then get it back with low fuel light. They had used half a tank. I got a full tank of fuel out of them eventually but they refused to replace the wheel. Sorted myself in the end, but wont be going back.
That is shocking how they treated your car.
BMW just checked and nothing showing but they say recalls are issued in batches so may show up down the line
Appreciate 1
J11SEK268.00
      05-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #13
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is shocking how they treated your car.
BMW just checked and nothing showing but they say recalls are issued in batches so may show up down the line
Batches of chassis (vin) numbers you think?? That sounds plausible, my car booked in for 18th June so will find out then..... 90min slot for oil/filter change.
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      06-18-2020, 04:43 AM   #14
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So currently sat in dealership whilst they change my oil and sanitize my air con as well... It seems the dizzy b1tch that took my information gave me the recall on my previous E60 and NOT the M5..... so nothing outstanding on it,
Some lovely new motors on show, colour of this M2 in person is absolutely amazing!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
OneExtra809.50
      06-18-2020, 04:54 AM   #15
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
So currently sat in dealership whilst they change my oil and sanitize my air con as well... It seems the dizzy b1tch that took my information gave me the recall on my previous E60 and NOT the M5..... so nothing outstanding on it,
Some lovely new motors on show, colour of this M2 in person is absolutely amazing!!!
Glad the M5 is recall free after all and agree its a new fresh colour on the M2, I would say nearly all of them look nice clinically clean in a showroom, the indentations in the lower lip of the M are novel.

Last edited by M5Rick; 06-18-2020 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
J11SEK268.00
      06-18-2020, 06:08 AM   #16
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
... gave me the recall on my previous E60 ...
Did the recall for the E60 go like this

BMW
NOTICE OF VEHICLE RECALL
The following major issues have been identified:
1. Engine
2. Gearbox
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #17
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
A nice new colour agree, I would say nearly all of them look nice clinically clean in a showroom, the indentations in the lower lip of the M are novel.
Yeh, all M's 2/4/5/8 that are in showroom have different/new front bumpers/grills .... : some better than others....
Clean bill of health for my car, and apart from the admin it seems decent service and price from Lloyds Bmw......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 06:35 AM   #18
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm5 View Post
Quote:
... gave me the recall on my previous E60 ...
Did the recall for the E60 go like this

BMW
NOTICE OF VEHICLE RECALL
The following major issues have been identified:
1. Engine
2. Gearbox
Hahaha, thankfully I didn't get to find out once they realised I didn't own it anymore....
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 07:46 AM   #19
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A nice new colour agree, I would say nearly all of them look nice clinically clean in a showroom, the indentations in the lower lip of the M are novel.
Yeh, all M's 2/4/5/8 that are in showroom have different/new front bumpers/grills .... : some better than others....
Clean bill of health for my car, and apart from the admin it seems decent service and price from Lloyds Bmw......
£33 plus VAT to clean the aircon? They took your pants down on that one
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #20
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
£33 plus VAT to clean the aircon? They took your pants down on that one
Yep looks like it, I was expecting air con to be topped up as well.... : but hey ho you live and learn. The advisor was pretty crafty really in the way he explained it.... that allegedly "was an offer" reduced from £59
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #21
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:

Bloody hell, this is exactly in line with my experience with Newport,

My M6 went in for the infamous apple car play dropping in and battery drain, steering wheel not heating and paint flaking off front calliper

What a nightmare, they had the car for best part of 2 months over Xmas, but gave me an X7 so thats OK.

Upon return

Steering wheel not replaced despite email confirming a new ones on order
Same for calliper
Battery drain not fixed
Apple car play worse

To make matters worse they damaged my alloy despite me advising not to use an air tool on the nuts when replacing the calliper

In the end they

Replaced steering wheel and damaged new one whilst fitting it and busted cowling surround
Replaced calliper but damaged front alloy too

Both issues fixed, I have never experienced so much pain in my life

Also drained my car of fuel and returned it in a filthy condition with grease marks over the door cards etc.

I suggest giving them a wide berth
Appreciate 0