M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

12-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
bennyM5
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
Sleep mode immediatly

Hi guys I have a problem, I replaced the battery of my m5 because it is 7 years old, coded with esys , but it keeps telling me that the battery is discharged when the machine is stopped. if i stay the car in the garage not locked it does not go to sleep even after 15-20 minutes, i was wondering if there is a way to make it go to sleep mode when i open the door
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyM5 View Post
Hi guys I have a problem, I replaced the battery of my m5 because it is 7 years old, coded with esys , but it keeps telling me that the battery is discharged when the machine is stopped. if i stay the car in the garage not locked it does not go to sleep even after 15-20 minutes, i was wondering if there is a way to make it go to sleep mode when i open the door
How close is the key to the car when you have it parked? Are you locking the doors?
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
bennyM5
Rep

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
How close is the key to the car when you have it parked? Are you locking the doors?
Hello, the key is close to the car, and I don't close the doors in the garage..
if I close the doors, it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes, if I stay opened it doesn't go in sleep mode , it may depend on the fact that I have a pandora anti-theft device with sim, not connected directly to the battery, but with power taken from the front of the machine?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hello, the key is close to the car, and I don't close the doors in the garage..
if I close the doors, it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes, if I stay opened it doesn't go in sleep mode , it may depend on the fact that I have a pandora anti-theft device with sim, not connected directly to the battery, but with power taken from the front of the machine?
The key I believe has to be at least 25 feet away so it doesn't constantly communicate with the car. But why don't you close the doors in the garage? Do you mean they are closed but not locked? If so it should go to sleep. I'm not sure you can rush the sleep mode, but I'm not 100%
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
bennyM5
Rep

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
The key I believe has to be at least 25 feet away so it doesn't constantly communicate with the car. But why don't you close the doors in the garage? Do you mean they are closed but not locked? If so it should go to sleep. I'm not sure you can rush the sleep mode, but I'm not 100%
Maybe I found the solution on the forum:
- Turn off power (radio and iDrive) when opening door 2011-12 (CIC)
CAS => 3000 => TC_LOGIC_KLR_OFF_DOOR => aktiv 2012-13 (NBT) and 2014 LCU
CAS => 3000 => TC_LOGIC_KLR_OFF_DOOR => aktiv
tomorrow I try it.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe I found the solution on the forum:
- Turn off power (radio and iDrive) when opening door 2011-12 (CIC)
CAS => 3000 => TC_LOGIC_KLR_OFF_DOOR => aktiv 2012-13 (NBT) and 2014 LCU
CAS => 3000 => TC_LOGIC_KLR_OFF_DOOR => aktiv
tomorrow I try it.
I have mine coded to do that, but that's not going to get you into sleep mode. It's a comfort feature that turns off idrive etc when you open the door, so you don't have to hit the start stop button twice.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

Leaving the key in the car is not a problem battery wise. My wife and I do that with our f10's. The comfort access feature does not continuously interrogate the key, but only when you lock or unlock the car using the fob buttons or comfort access.

If you have a bad comfort access door handle you will see and hear it trying to repetitively lock or unlock the car and that could be draining on the battery.

Leaving the doors open in the garage should not be a problem, the lights should turn off automatically after 15 minutes and even soft close doors will deactivate until you wake it up again by closing and opening a door or trunk or pressing a light button etc.

I also have coded the OFF on door open feature but that mainly just turns off the car when you open the door instead of using the second press of the stop button to power down the electronics. I have this coded on my other F10 and e60 because it's really convenient.

Car not going to sleep is a common problem in the 5's due to all the electronics modules. If one or more does not go to sleep due to some fault you get a drained battery. I have had this happen on e39, e60 and f10. I had to go to an independent bmw shop to get it diagnosed and fixed in those cases because it was not easy to identify myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 03:59 AM   #8
bennyM5
Rep

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
I thought that the Pandora anti-theft device, equipped with a SIM and GPS connection, had been connected in the fuses behind the glove compartment, and this morning I saw that it is so, so I am pulling a negative and a positive directly from the battery, so that the machine does not see the pandora , discharg battery, I hope it is that
Appreciate 0