M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
varanj_16
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne

Thumbs down NEED HELP: 2013 or 2014 M5 Buyer (So many 2013 Lemons in the market)

Guys, i have a 2007 328i with 75k miles that i want to trade-in or sell-off and really looking aggressively for an ///M5 (2013) model preferably as the value of a brand new car depreciates rapidly.

1. I am hoping to squeeze out $15k for my 2007 328i. Is it possible?

So far in my research, i have been coming across a lot of lemon M5 for 2013 (manufacture buyback's) etc, its been a frustrating search. I live in Southern Cali & looking for a good deal asap.

2. I am open to buying a car from a private party as well (will get bmw 140 point check inspection + carfax on it). What other mandatory checks are required to be done to be safe? How to get a private party car CPO from BMW?

3. Is buying a CPO'd BMW m5 from the dealer a better idea since a 1500 miles driven m5 (non-cpo) may have been brutally harassed at the track?

4. Please suggest/advice as i am not too keen on looking at 2010 out of model cars with a V10 engine (meaning a pathetic mpg on it + the known manufacturer issues). Any advices on thinking about a 2010 model?

5. I am also looking for an M5 with Black Rims (i think max they offer is 20inches size unlike Cayman in which we have 21 inch rims option too). I am not looking for any aftermarket mods on the M5 i will be buying off.

The leasing thing kind of scares me as i will not own the car in the end and i am not sure about the residual value offered for it after 3 years if i do go that route + it will be too expensive.

Some people have argued, leasing might be better, please enlighten me.

Question:
6. What is the MF on a 2014 Base M5 Lease?
7. WHat are BMW Financials initial set-up charges? Porsche asks for $895
8. If i am financing, can i expect BMW to give me a 0.9% interest rate? I have 750+ credit score

Please advice

Thanks,
John
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
varanj_16
United_States
Rep

Nobody bothers to help here? sad
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Many of your questions aren't really objectively answerable, which is probably why your post got no response.

1. We can't tell you that. We have no clue what condition your car is in. Take it to Carmax. You'll often get the best deal there.

2. "Safe" is subjective. Get a Carfax and have an independent inspection done.

3. Depends on the car. That's the risk you take buying used. You have no clue how it was driven previously.

4. Advice on that subject exists all over the E60 forum.

5. Isn't a question.

6-8 you'll get quick answers from by going to a dealer. Too many variables are missing from your question (miles, years, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanj_16 View Post
The leasing thing kind of scares me as i will not own the car in the end and i am not sure about the residual value offered for it after 3 years if i do go that route + it will be too expensive.
Your not paying for the entire car.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Personally if buying I would go used. There are plenty of nice used M5's out there. Go to the dealer and get the service history and that should tell you everything you need to know about the cars. Since they should still have a significant amount of warranty left so I doubt you will have too many problems unless the service history shows an ongoing problem.

If leasing, I am not sure of the current deals out there, but I would not go higher than $1250/month. They were running some specials earlier this year and people were seeing $999/month, but that is typically a once per year offer. Either way BMW's are typically more advantageous to lease than buy based on the residuals. Porsche is the opposite and this is more of a corporate decision than anything else. The advantages of a lease are not paying sales tax on the entire purchase and a pre negotiated exit price at a set time. If you turn your cars rapidly you are better off leasing because of the tax issue. If you keep them forever buy it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Personally if buying I would go used. There are plenty of nice used M5's out there. Go to the dealer and get the service history and that should tell you everything you need to know about the cars. Since they should still have a significant amount of warranty left so I doubt you will have too many problems unless the service history shows an ongoing problem.

That's what I did (and I got a steal for mine )!!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
varanj_16
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post

That's what I did (and I got a steal for mine )!!
Cool man..what kind of a deal did you get ? You can reveal your numbers now..and i can bet it wasn't from a dealer haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

1. No
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #9
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanj_16 View Post
Cool man..what kind of a deal did you get ? You can reveal your numbers now..and i can bet it wasn't from a dealer haha.
$69K before taxes, fees, etc., and it was from a dealer... Beverly Hills BMW.

2013 Base with B&O system with 19K miles.
Appreciate 0