BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

05-03-2024, 03:13 PM   #1
jdp530
Rep
Drives: E10,E12,E24,E31

ECS E9x 360x30 mm Friction Rings Needed

I am using the E9x ECS/Turner two piece rotors, 360x30mm, their part number 2712810. Does anyone know of a source for new friction rings? I just got out a chat session with rep at ECS and he said I would need to purchase a new set of rotors. At the time purchase I was told I could buy replacement friction rings. So sales rep today said he couldn't find a part number for them. Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:07 PM   #2
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Pretty sure they never were able to sell just the rings itself from the get go and the Sales reps you got that told you could was wrong.

Time to go GiroDisc?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:31 PM   #3
jdp530
Rep
Drives: E10,E12,E24,E31

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Pretty sure they never were able to sell just the rings itself from the get go and the Sales reps you got that told you could was wrong.

Time to go GiroDisc?
Ok, thanks! Yeah, someone was mistaken at the time.

I guess it's doubtful that I could find another brand that would fit. ECS is now offering a lifetime warranty on these rotors but I bought mine several years ago before warranty was offered.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #4
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp530 View Post

I guess it's doubtful that I could find another brand that would fit. ECS is now offering a lifetime warranty on these rotors but I bought mine several years ago before warranty was offered.
You can emailing info@paragonbrakes.com as they make custom rotor rings. They may ask you for measurements and could make you rings. Similar, Coleman Racing does the same.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 11:26 PM   #5
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp530 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
You can emailing info@paragonbrakes.com as they make custom rotor rings. They may ask you for measurements and could make you rings. Similar, Coleman Racing does the same.
I have no idea why someone would release a two-piece rotor setup and force you to buy a new fully assembled two-piece rotor assembly every time? That’s one of the reasons why you buy a two-piece brake rotor

There’s an f8x owner that recently installed the Turner/ECS F & R 2-piece rotors and after 3 days of track use, the two front rotors developed several cracks that started on the rotor IR on the arch/semi-circle relief between two bobbin floating mounts. The cracks formed due to the stress concentration factor at the center of the arch and thermal cycling of the rotors. Turner warranted them but they recently dropped the price of the full front-rear rotors by 40% - it’s now just barely more expensive than just the front rotors that only had a 3% price drop. Major concern is Turner/ECS is going to stop producing/selling their 2-piece rotors.

Try Coleman. Their one-off custom sized rotor rings are surprisingly inexpensive. Just recommend a f8x owner with StopTech 380 mm large annulus brake setup because StopTech stopped making the wide annulus (54 mm, instead of their standard 50 or 52 mm) rotor rings. He was pleasantly surprised be how inexpensive they are. Coleman has been around for a while and their rotors are used in track days and racing.

Paragon makes good rotor rings, too, but not sure of their pricing and min number of rotors required for them to make custom rotors.

Last edited by M3SQRD; 05-04-2024 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
derbo3612.50