Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #23
isved
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proftinkerpot View Post
My driver's door handle was replaced under warranty. Dealer also replaced the battery without question as the stored fault codes showed the battery had discharged below it's operating minimum on multiple occasions. Comfort access is now working perfectly. I have had 2 further battery discharge warnings though which I will keep an eye on.
I am having the exact intermittent lock clicking noise after I unlock/lock my car and the comfort access is going haywire.

The dealer said that the passenger door lock actuator was faulty, so I replaced that but the lock clicking issue is still happening.

Was it the door handle itself in your case that fixed this problem?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #24
alpinef10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550xi M sport

Comfort Access Door handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoM5 View Post
OP, I'm having the same issue. The M5 will unlock automatically as I approach the car. It only does this when I approach the driver side door. Once I step out of the car even when the car is unlocked, I still hear the sound of the car trying to keep unlocking. I also get the message battery is low.

It all started awhile ago when my driver door comfort access stopped working by putting my hand in the sensor area. I haven't had it checked yet. Please keep us posted to what was the issue.
Hey I saw your post about the issue you had with your comfort access door handle. I seem to be having the same issue with my door handle and was wondering if you had to replace yours or the handle was repaired? Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 11:38 PM   #25
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

This is a pretty common topic and it always seems to be a handle has gone bad and needs replacement. Makes sense, since the clicking is basically the handle mistakenly sensing the lock/unlock triggers. If you have ista you can actually look at which door is sending the commands.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #26
YanoM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Individual Nardo M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinef10 View Post
Hey I saw your post about the issue you had with your comfort access door handle. I seem to be having the same issue with my door handle and was wondering if you had to replace yours or the handle was repaired? Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Hi Sorry only saw this now. I did end up fixing it the door handle. I got a used on on ebay and it worked fine after.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #27
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I definitely need help on this. My 2011 535i all in a sudden can't unlock all 4 doors, someone told me the car has double-locked. Everytime I press the unclock button from the key fob, I hear some motor noise, sometimes loud. I use the blade key to try unlock it manually, i will not work either. I can only use it to roll the all windows down, so I Can climb inside the car. Central lock on the dash no working, can't open from inside the car either. Really don't know what to do. When I climbed inside the car and scanned it. Everything look fine. Do I need to take it to the dealer? I am afraid it will cost me an arm and a leg lol. Any hint or advice will be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnbr View Post
Thanks for the responses. Curious that a few of you suggest it could be the door handle in need of replacement. I'd not seen this suggested on any other similar related topics elsewhere.

I don'k know if my original post mislead anyone. There are times when I approach the car and it's fine, and then upon pulling the handle the car will unlock; the comfort access works. Instead the whole issue seems to be due to the proximity of the car fob to the car. There's also times when the car has been locked by the fob, and I can hear continuous noises from the car of locking sounds, eventhough the car is locked. I'm sure it's this that might be draining the battery.

Looks like I need to book the car in with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbworldz View Post
I definitely need help on this. My 2011 535i all in a sudden can't unlock all 4 doors, someone told me the car has double-locked. Everytime I press the unclock button from the key fob, I hear some motor noise, sometimes loud. I use the blade key to try unlock it manually, i will not work either. I can only use it to roll the all windows down, so I Can climb inside the car. Central lock on the dash no working, can't open from inside the car either. Really don't know what to do. When I climbed inside the car and scanned it. Everything look fine. Do I need to take it to the dealer? I am afraid it will cost me an arm and a leg lol. Any hint or advice will be great.
Maybe take it to an indie with a good reputation who may sort it, I avoided buying a car with comfort entry reading about a few issues with them replacing perfectly good door handles as the inside electronics in them were toast.
Appreciate 0