M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

I noticed where the door handle is on the doorcard (where you rest elbow) looked dull and dirty so I tried using a clean cloth and some cleaner to clean it and it took off the orange even more now instead of looking faded it's black smudge and it looks like a pink/black color now.

I have noticed the driver seat bolster has the same wear and orange has rubbed off to a black smudge.

I have a full Sakhir orange extended door panel in mint but it's for non b/o cars and swapping the speakers cover over is a real PITA.

What's the best way to touch it up? Any suggestions?

Btw I'm disappointed in how the leather has held up on this f10. I'm a skinny guy and never wear jeans and am very careful but it still looo like shit. I am so happy I didn't get silver stone I can't even imagine how that holds up. My old f10 m5 with black seats was worse crack wise and the black had changed shades too. It was rough when I bought it......didn't bother me. this one was mint and I tried hard to keep it that way but so much for that
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
I noticed where the door handle is on the doorcard (where you rest elbow) looked dull and dirty so I tried using a clean cloth and some cleaner to clean it and it took off the orange even more now instead of looking faded it's black smudge and it looks like a pink/black color now.

I have noticed the driver seat bolster has the same wear and orange has rubbed off to a black smudge.

I have a full Sakhir orange extended door panel in mint but it's for non b/o cars and swapping the speakers cover over is a real PITA.

What's the best way to touch it up? Any suggestions?

Btw I'm disappointed in how the leather has held up on this f10. I'm a skinny guy and never wear jeans and am very careful but it still looo like shit. I am so happy I didn't get silver stone I can't even imagine how that holds up. My old f10 m5 with black seats was worse crack wise and the black had changed shades too. It was rough when I bought it......didn't bother me. this one was mint and I tried hard to keep it that way but so much for that
Colourlock has what you need:

http://www.colourlock.net/contents/en-us/p4811.html

They have entire kits to get everything touched up. The Sakhir is a pretty close match too.

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 1
M5Dan207.50
      02-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If it's just worn away then any leather dye close to sakhir may be an alternative,it's only leather after all.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

I've been in touch with a local upholstery shop to help source the original material/leather. The left side of my F13 M6 seat is blown out and I know it only a matter of time till my M4 my & brothers M5 start to show wear.

I personally had a bad experience with dye as it just wears & hardens the leather which is why I am looking to just reupholster it completely.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
His4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Did it on my own.
Leather Colour : Sakhir Orange
Made it with the repairset from www.Leder-Zentrum.de
There you can chose special BMW Colour and they send the right colour to you.

First cleaning

Than repair
Appreciate 5
Rennyk.126.50
Beast27357.00
AWF10M5221.50
      02-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #6
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Buy 'Leatherique'.. full kit rejuvenator plus prestine clean.. wont help with dye work, but after you get that done, this will bring your leather's feel and texture back to new. unbelievable stuff
Appreciate 0