M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

09-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
(H)
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (after F10 M5 ;-)

Update for September 28, Group details, route barbecue etc.

Dear All,

Here is an important update with a lot of details about this Saturday, September 28:

1) Catering

I am happy to report that I will sponsor a really nice BBQ catering at our destination in Princeton. Here is an excerpt from the menu that you will see:
  • Angus Beef Burger with Variety of Custom Toppings Including, Chipotle Ketchup, BBQ Mayo, Fried Onions, Aged Cheddar, House Pickles, Lettuce & Tomato on a Dutch Potato Bun
  • All Beef Kosher Frank, Signature Onion Sauce, Polish Mustard, Ball Park Pickles, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
  • Grill Roast Chicken with Honey Dijon Glaze (Bone in Quartered Free Range Chicken)
  • Dry Rubbed BBQ Pork Ribs with Smokey Pit Sauce (BBQ Sauce is Added Per Order)
  • Classic Potato Salad, Boiled Egg, BBQ Peppers, Parsley, Savory Dressing
  • Whole Grain Penne, Garden Vegetables, Sweet Basil, Roasted Tomato Dressing
  • Mixed Greens, Apples, Walnuts, Cranberries, Red Wine Parmesan Vinaigrette
  • Far East Red Grain, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Feta Cheese, Olives, Rice Wine Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2) Locations and Group Cruise/Race Route

Not only did the Princeton municipality not allow for us to BBQ on the rooftop of their downtown garage. We will now also be too large a group to do anything downtown (we could still spontaneously decide to all drive through Palmer Square for ice cream afterwards ;-)

That is why we have a slightly modified final destination with much more space and easier access.

Starting point: Parking lot of the Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge St, Lambertville, NJ 08530
Meeting time: 10:30am, please note: no food or drinks provided at this meeting point
Cruise start: 11:00am sharp as afterwards the parking lot will start charging a very high fee
Cruise Time: Approximately 30-35 minutes (or as quick as 20 minutes ;-)
Destination: Parking lot of 103 Carnegie Center, Princeton, NJ (right off of Alexander Rd. at Rt. 1)
Start catering: 12:00 noon at Destination
End time: 02:00pm

Here is a link (http://goo.gl/maps/dXnlv) as well as a quick map of the route. I will give a quick debriefing about the route at the starting point because I suggest that for nicer roads and better scenic drive, we take a slight detour from the signs that you will see. We are following Rt. 32 all the way Mt. Eyre Rd. Before we enter onto I-95, I suggest that we quickly do a flying regroup so that we could head onto the Interstate as one close group of cars. Depending on total car count, we can either stop and consolidate at the parking lot on corner of Taylorsville Rd. and Mt. Eyre rd. or if less cars, simply line up on the long shoulder stretch that leads on exit 51A to I-95. That way, we would be lined up like pearls to all hit I-95 together.

The changed course to our final destination now also gives us some nice parallel time heading North on Rt. 1.

Attachment 917304

3) Head count

Here is the updated list of confirmed participants from our fora. If you see yourself here and you know that you won’t make it, please let me know:

1. Acedaking
2. ajvee
3. akh23456
4. andrE92w
5. AWM3ME2
6. BIG~BLUE~BMW
7. chudak18
8. cprx7
9. E90M3-SG
10. Elaz
11. FLOSS M
12. (H)
13. Hoonigan
14. jeshie7
15. Johndong888
16. KKS53
17. L4ces
18. NPM3
19. nujabes24
20. RingMeister01
21. SROC5
22. Trip3's
23. chich

Now, here is the amazing news: I ran into fellow ///M enthusiast Roxanna at BMW of Princeton today and she confirmed that she will have her entire gang (25+ ///M cars, mostly from PA) join. That means that if things go well, we will be about 50 cars total.

Since we have to calculate supplies for the catering, please make sure to post or PM me your confirmed participation no later than Thursday, September 26.

4) Watch Raffle

Now if you were diligent to read through all of this up to here, this is the reward. Maurice Lacroix (www.mauricelacroix.com) will sponsor a watch sample raffle. At the final destination, each participant will have the chance to answer three questions. The three participants that answer most correctly (the questions will be quantitative), will receive a Maurice Lacroix watch from their Miros sample collection, each valued at an MSRP between $1,200 and $1,500, see pictures below. If there are more than three correct sets of answers, the watches will be raffled off amidst these answers.

Attachment 917318 Attachment 917319 Attachment 917320

5) Add-Ons

I am still working on the coding service. I expect that to be available at a charge but cannot yet guarantee that it will happen. I am also still working on a photographer, again probably at a charge of individual professional pictures of your car are concerned. However, most photographers that I have contacted so far, have said that the bright and hard midday light is not ideal for car photography. Even if these two services don’t fall into place, I think we will have a fun event.

And last but not least: Weather is forecasted to be superb: Sunny at 72°!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

(H) and I just communicated about offering a coding service at/ during the event.
I will be there early and longer to help owners and code their car.

PM for details of what can done and arrange the details.

Thank you for putting this amazing event together!
This could be the first of a long series.
Appreciate 0