M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-01-2016, 04:46 AM   #89
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

a

Last edited by NightM; 10-06-2016 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #90
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetuning View Post
I don't make excuses or will I take responsibility for your carelessness. Sorry Ahmed. Your DMEs were opened and tuned by some "garage" and the resistors were broken as Alex stated and your car had a CEL and barely ran but your trying to push the buck on me. You friend which I tuned his car even confirmed this. Please stop with this nonsense. Man up and tell the truth. I didn't even open your DMEs, how could I of broken a resistor?? Your story doesn't jive.

Furthermore, I dont repair DMEs so you obviously sent the DMEs to the wrong person as they were already damaged.

I'm glad Alex was able to repair them for you because that's not a service that we offer.
DMEtuning, we were going to keep quiet after things settled down last time, but after seeing how you talk to YOUR previous customer that you screwed over just forces us to post this us.

The customer's vehicle was dealer flashed to V58.2 right before the computers were removed and shipped to you. The internal log of both ECUs we recovered showed that that flash was successful and completed correctly. Since the customer drove the car back home from the dealer without any issues tells us that ECUs were removed in proper working condition.

The computers arrived to you in a working condition and left with driver side hardware damaged and passenger side software damaged. The driver side was damaged from improperly OPENING the computers, and not from shipment. The ECUs showed zero external damage that would suggest improper packaging, so do not go there. I have pictures of the original computers that arrived to us showing ZERO external damage. If the ECUs were "rolling around" during shipment, don't you think there would be at least some sign of damage on them?
Both of the computers arrived to us with NEW silicone seal that did not get a chance to fully cure. You were the last one to apply that seal and that is supported by "Mcarfan" since you re-sealed his computers as well. That means that you DID open the computers contrary to your previous statement saying that you "you password read first". If you did password read first, before opening, then you would have no need to open, and then re-seal, the computers if they were actually dead on arrival.

The voltage regulator that was knocked off is part of the main supply circuitry, and thus is responsible for the ECU going into both the boot and service mode. Without this voltage regulator, the computer still will turn on to some degree, but will not be stable for more then 30 seconds. Since the computer came to you after a successful dealer flash, it is clear that the issue happened when it was in your hands.

You just stated "I dont repair DMEs so you obviously sent the DMEs to the wrong person as they were already damaged"
The second computer had issue with eeprom being corrupt. With corrupt eeprom, the customer's vehicle would never start and again, that shows that it happened during the time you had possession of the ECUs as well. It connected to the bench without issue and password was read out without a single glitch. How can you state that the DME was dead on arrival to you, even though it worked perfectly with us.

It is not a question of if you can tune a computer, as its clear that you have 100s of customers that you flashed successfully, but instead of what happens when you make a mistake. Mistakes do happen, we are only human. The issue at hand is not that you made a mistake, and even the customer did not hold you financially responsible for your mistakes, but by how you approached it. You blame and insult the customer stating that its was their mistake for not removing and packing the computers properly, though it is evident, with actual proof behind it, that the computers arrived to you in fully working condition and after you disassembled them, they were damaged.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 05-01-2016 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #91
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The fact that you think you are so good that you know what happened to these DMEs is amusing....
Fixed the computers you have bricked and called "DOA". I guess we do know a think or two.
Quote:
Who tuned these DMEs before I received them??? Do you know??? Does Ahmed know???
Yes, we know the UK shop that tuned the ECU's. Since then, the ECU has been dealer flashed before it was shipped to you. The flash was successful.
Quote:
Your theory doesn't make sense Alex. First you say its impossible to brick these DMEs and now you say I bricked them??? What gives???
Yeah, I stand by my words, 100%. I said its impossible to damage the DME by removing it, as you used that as an excuse for the bricked DMEs. Though it is not possible to fully software brick the new MEVD17.2.x, it is still possible to make it un-uasable if you do not have full backup.

Quote:
I will post his email to me where he said he will file a case with US embassy for re-reimbursement but he is not holding me financially responsible????
"I don't need anything from your shop even if you had toasted both my dme's, I would've understood and still worked with you" That is your customer's statement.

I guess he wanted to work with you originally before you started making excuses and lying to him about what really happened. He called us us while you still had the possession of the computers and asked if what you are saying to him is possible. We informed him that it is not.

The screenshot you just posted backs what we are telling you. Customer wanted to work with you originally, but that is no longer a case after we recovered one the the bricked ECUs and showed him the supporting evidence behind the fact that you were the one that caused damaged. Its only fair that you are held responsible for the mistakes.

Quote:
Please stop thinking you are the CSI of DMEs because you are not. I have logs to show you otherwise but that's just too much evidence that you dont want to know about.
I have logs to show that we powered both computers on the bench (one right then it came in and second after we fixed the V-regulator). Both computers have been successfully dealer flashed to V58.2 and since removed from the vehicle, they have been damaged.
Also, after we read out the fault memory of both ECUs, there was no error codes or check engine light on the vehicle at the time of removal.

Quote:
I have never blown a DME and if I ever did, I would pay for it. Just like my reputation shows while I have tuned many of the members on this site.
Well, you have blown these two and yet you blamed the customer.

I'm going to say it once again, you made a mistake and there is no way for you to say otherwise. With all of the backing proof and the fact that the ECU has been recovered after you were the lat one to touch it, how in the world can you still blame the customer? Mistakes do happen, so apologize to the customer and lets move on.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 05-01-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #92
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Alex, whatever you say. I dont need these type customers in my life. I have plenty of honest customers that do work for with no issues. Good day. Go about your business not mine.
Sounds good!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #93
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Why do I now know @Brn-M5 name is *****? I would not be happy about a company disclosing my personal information on the boards out of disagreement. dmetuning you should edit those post out of respect for your customers regardless of view, it's not right.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #94
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Interesting. So S63 has a more liberal look up boost table. Thanks.
Sorry the thread was carried away from original top. But no, there no such thing as an actual "lookup" table. There are few boost tables, but they are limiters. The boost is variable and all depends on torque request/RL. Throttle is used to control target overboost mostly.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #95
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

To air your dirty laundry means to talk about private issues amongst others that are not involved. It originates from the fact that your dirty laundry (an analogy for dirty secrets) should be kept out of sight when people are visiting, otherwise it could be embarrassing for you or them. It can also be phrased "Don't air you dirty laundry in public".
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #96
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Now, about throttle closers...
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #97
ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
How about that group buy though

Let's get this thread back on topic.
      05-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #98
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ask for more boost + Get more boost = No Throttle closure

All all seriousness, like F10M5Manual also said, throttle closure is a big issue with JB4. The reason behind it being that computer is overshooting the target, and thus is using the throttle to control the boost. If the throttle closure is not enough, the computer will go into LIMP and completely cut the boost.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #99
tony.m6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6, CTS-V, F10 M5, TURBO-S

Quote:
Then you should of sent the DMEs to him in the first place. Sorry for your trouble and hope it all works out for you...

Furthermore, everyone that deals with me knows I am a stand up guy. Your reputation speaks for itself.

I trust Mo 100%!!! He's done 100's of tunes.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:02 PM   #100
13M5F10
Hide! My wife's coming!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 | MSR Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Probably same reason why DMETuning's customer made DMEtuning send us the M5 computer after they bricked them and blamed customer for "improperly removing the computers".

We also offer support in all situations. If a customer want an upgrade, we can do it remotely.
MP, this is where you made your mistake in this thread by bashing another vendor in order to support your agenda here. Regardless of what happened, this should have been taken offline and handled privately. If the end user had such an experience, he is more than welcome to post his honest review on the forum and DMEtuning has the right to defend himself. I do not blame Mo for responding to your thread and this taking the direction it took. Mo obviously has been doing this for a while and has a ton of happy customers including myself. He has no reason to sit here and lie about the situation.

I am glad that you were able to recover the DMEs and the customer is now happy. I'm also happy to see another knowledgable shop on the forums. Let's stop this bashing and move on. This is becoming very childish.

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #101
Brn-m5
Rep
Drives: 2013 f10 M5

Quote:
I don't make excuses or will I take responsibility for your carelessness. Sorry. Your DMEs were opened and tuned by some "garage" and the resistors were broken as Alex stated and your car had a CEL and barely ran but your trying to push the buck on me. Your friend which I tuned his car even confirmed this. Please stop with this nonsense. Man up and tell the truth. I didn't even open your DMEs, how could I of broken a resistor?? Your story doesn't jive.

Furthermore, I dont repair DMEs so you obviously sent the DMEs to the wrong person as they were already damaged.

I'm glad Alex was able to repair them for you because that's not a service that we offer.
I don't know if you know how to read but I made it clear I don't want you to pay nor to be responsible for anything, I just thought you were knowledgable enough to fix something you messed up. Your excuses float from removal process, to packaging, you're sounding like a sinking boy who's kicking all over the place. it was my mistake to use you, so let's stop it there. And you told me yourself this has happened to you several times, and if you are Mr know it all you should send removal instructions to your customers prior to them sending you their dme's. I never had a cel and even if I did it was probably my cat delete as I run cat less.
My car has extended warranty and I wouldn't send a dme to NJ for a repair from the Middle East.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #102
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #103
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ask for more boost + Get more boost = No Throttle closure

All all seriousness, like F10M5Manual also said, throttle closure is a big issue with JB4. The reason behind it being that computer is overshooting the target, and thus is using the throttle to control the boost. If the throttle closure is not enough, the computer will go into LIMP and completely cut the boost.
Can you throw out a few bones for the S63tu ?

My logs show 17.5 - 18 psi pure stock.

BMW references a max stock boost design of 1.5 Bar. Roughly 22.05 psi. Is that the threshold ,that exceeded, engages throttle closure ?
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #104
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Can you throw out a few bones for the S63tu ?

My logs show 17.5 - 18 psi pure stock.

BMW references a max stock boost design of 1.5 Bar. Roughly 22.05 psi. Is that the threshold ,that exceeded, engages throttle closure ?

Yes, 18psi is the stock boost levels of S63tu. 1.5bar relative (or 2.5bar absolute) is the physical limit of the computer using factory boost sensors since the manifold sensors are 2.5bar. Upgrading the sensors, combined with proper code, allows us to bypass the 1.5bar limit.

Though this, has nothing to do with throttle closure. Throttle closure can happen even at 12psi, if the target is less then actual.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #105
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, 18psi is the stock boost levels of S63tu. 1.5bar relative (or 2.5bar absolute) is the physical limit of the computer using factory boost sensors since the manifold sensors are 2.5bar. Upgrading the sensors, combined with proper code, allows us to bypass the 1.5bar limit.

Though this, has nothing to do with throttle closure. Throttle closure can happen even at 12psi, if the target is less then actual.
Is that a kpa axis, rpm axis table populated with psi parameters?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #106
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is that a kpa axis, rpm axis table populated with psi parameters?
That is not how these cars request boost pressure.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #107
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: X6M

MissionPerformance I'll spread the word, have about 3 M5 friends, 2 M6, and 5 X5M/X6M that will most likely be interested.

Among a few M235/335/435 .. will get back to you tonight
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #108
lunden
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13 800RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post
I had acm tune also before last year.
Mo with ACM/DME Tuning has pulled my DMEs more than 4x times times and tuned my car with no issues. He knows exactly what he is doing. He has even OBD tuned my car on the spot one day that I needed more power. 😬 And when he has time which is always hes everywhere and when u need power as lonng as hes closeby or you can get to him he will tune your car, we (Mo,Kevin,Halim, work closely together,)

So far
Acm and Precision are the ONLY ones! Producing big power on the street.
Halim in denmark also making power with his customers there as they all work and help each other
At the moment my M6 should be worlds fastest for the few mods it has lol, no dnyojet to measure it But my guess is north of 680whp
Appreciate 4
      05-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #109
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We are trying to finalize the GroupBuy list at this point. If you are interested and your name is not on the list, please send me a PM.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #110
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: X6M

Count me in!

F85 X5M
Appreciate 0