M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #89
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
I'm a major track junky and normally use my heavily modded Z4m for track duty but want to track the M6 at least once. Given the power and weight of the M6 combined with my skill level I need to use R comps. Was hoping you had tried the R888's in 285/35/20's up front with 315/30/20's in the back. Just driving on the street or in a straight line i'm sure they will be fine I'm just worried about them fully loaded in a tight turn on track.
I'd probably rather have a square set for the track. 285s all around might give you less push and better turn in. I could be wrong, but a 315 will overwhelm a 285 out front on a nose heavy car. A square setup can be rotated too! Heck 315 on all 4s is the ticket!
      06-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #90
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Stock rear wheel only with 285 35 20's I only bolt them up for the track
There is room for 315 30 20's that's for sure and if I decide to go to a road coarse ill swap these tires to the front a buy another set of the 315's for the rear
Either way both set will fit the rear an even the 285's are hooking good
Sorry for asking again, but how they are in street? can be driven for about 10k miles in street?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #91
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Sorry for asking again, but how they are in street? can be driven for about 10k miles in street?
Yeah they are good not sure about rain. I could drive these daily but I only use them for races or track events
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #92
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm a major track junky and normally use my heavily modded Z4m for track duty but want to track the M6 at least once. Given the power and weight of the M6 combined with my skill level I need to use R comps. Was hoping you had tried the R888's in 285/35/20's up front with 315/30/20's in the back. Just driving on the street or in a straight line i'm sure they will be fine I'm just worried about them fully loaded in a tight turn on track.
I think you'll be amazed with the m6 with all around drag radials, from the way I drive mine through the turns and drifting this thing it's so controllable. I want to run Mine as well at least once with drag radials all around.
Maybe by the end of the summer will plan a race
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #93
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

As interesting as this all is, I think you should open your own thread on your drag racing. The thread here has no longer a relationship to my topic.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #94
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Quote:
I'd probably rather have a square set for the track. 285s all around might give you less push and better turn in. I could be wrong, but a 315 will overwhelm a 285 out front on a nose heavy car. A square setup can be rotated too! Heck 315 on all 4s is the ticket!
I'm not even sure a 285 /315 will work on a road course may be too wide for the front and rear fully loaded . Back on topic OP please get us you're Vbox 100-200km/hr and 60-130 mph data when you do you're runs . It will be very useful in comparing vs other tunes as traction is not a factor .
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #95
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
As interesting as this all is, I think you should open your own thread on your drag racing. The thread here has no longer a relationship to my topic.
Seriously? When people ask for advice I give it from my own experiences not from what i think. Sorry you think that your post has no relation but everything and everyone has something to give while we wait for your analysis. As we can see you posted proof of a top end run which is great but still nothing on the power gains you claim. Even hp doesn't prove a time so many factors are considered between traction, launch, driver error ect.
So even your times will only give some insight but with out comparable Dyno numbers to what others have posted its still just an opinion.
So sorry to talk about a relation to racing even though its not a 800hp topic.
Take a chill pill and post what people want not bashing others for what people ask for advice.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #96
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Here you go that's in burnout mode an drag radials basically high rpm clutch dumped and no wheel spin.
Look at the 60 ft and I have a best at 1.68 60ft all three were done in burnout mode very consistent
Sick.. for sure 10.90's. If i can get those same 60ft times then 10.90's is def possible. Good luck man.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #97
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

We were talking about my car doing a top speed run with a video as proof. You are "taking over" this thread with another subject. No bashing involved or disrespect. Not sure why you get so excited over it?

I respect your car and information, but we are getting side tracked. It happens a lot on forums and then at some point we need to go back on topic. I explained several times what info I will provide and what not, because I always get these endless discussions that I need to justify information. Just like now. I have provided details info on my E60 in the past, rwhp dyno, vbox, video and still I got these discussions. So don't believe or trust me, it's all good.

I just want to do this top speed thingie here and show the members what an M5 can do unrestricted, as it seems my car is the only one that can do this at the moment. When I am back from Germany I will open a new topic.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:13 AM   #98
Abdalla Alhammadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2013

the people in this thread will not change at all, every time asking for a proof and more information. the moment we provide what they asked, they will keep asking for more and more. its not my problem if US don't have a representative of PP tuning products, a lot of people didn't believe until they visited PP. i love this thread and learned a lot from it, and i respect all people with their feedback.

however i said it before, i don't care if someone don't believe about what we got from PP. I'm the guy whose enjoying his car performance.

BTW, i don't have the dyno sheet because i don't care about a paper, i care about the performance on the road and how i feel it.

I'm not expert ... I'm not perfect
I try to learn ... I try to be
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:34 AM   #99
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdalla Alhammadi
the people in this thread will not change at all, every time asking for a proof and more information. the moment we provide what they asked, they will keep asking for more and more. its not my problem if US don't have a representative of PP tuning products, a lot of people didn't believe until they visited PP. i love this thread and learned a lot from it, and i respect all people with their feedback.

however i said it before, i don't care if someone don't believe about what we got from PP. I'm the guy whose enjoying his car performance.

BTW, i don't have the dyno sheet because i don't care about a paper, i care about the performance on the road and how i feel it.
In the end all I care about is the cars performance as well , I could care less about what a particular tune makes on a dyno . Performance numbers like trap speed , 60-130mph, 100-200km/ hr , and head to head rolling races are the only true way to judge the merit of one tune vs the other . Id like to know which is faster , the top speed delimit is cool but in the US unfortunately isn't going to happen as even PP performance requires the m- driver pack to be present to remove the limiter up top ( we have different ECU hardware in the states). So I and others want to know is it really that much better for 1000's of dollars and the risk of sending my ECU off by mail . What's wrong with that lol?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:41 AM   #100
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
We were talking about my car doing a top speed run with a video as proof. You are "taking over" this thread with another subject. No bashing involved or disrespect. Not sure why you get so excited over it?

I respect your car and information, but we are getting side tracked. It happens a lot on forums and then at some point we need to go back on topic. I explained several times what info I will provide and what not, because I always get these endless discussions that I need to justify information. Just like now. I have provided details info on my E60 in the past, rwhp dyno, vbox, video and still I got these discussions. So don't believe or trust me, it's all good.

I just want to do this top speed thingie here and show the members what an M5 can do unrestricted, as it seems my car is the only one that can do this at the moment. When I am back from Germany I will open a new topic.
I haven't doubted anything you've said or asking you to prove it. I've been on this post enjoying the information and love being a part of something great. I would love to have my top speed delimited as you for I'm the one the would actual Pursue compared to some that just like knowing they can.
As Dyno numbers Im not trying to figure out what crank hp is I just would like to compare what mine is putting down to yours. That is all for I don't truly know what the drivetrain loss on a Dyno jet would be. If I saw a Dyno jet run from your car and compare it to mine then it kind of gives light to where my crank hp should be nothing more nothing less. I've never intended on accusing you or disbelief but more of a comfort zone of how comparable power gains are between the two.
I've been on forums for years and I know no matter what you post in proof you ill always have the ones who are never satisfied with what you have to say or prove.
I can say I'm not the type to bash or expect more and more I just take it and learn from it. In the end we are like family here and love these cars. So good luck can't wait to see some high speeds!
G
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #101
Erik K.
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Coupé e36 3.2

We will have at least one Sony HD Handycam on board + one HD Dashcam with GPS speed notification while recording and two smartphones to record the trip and measure the GPS speed.
Maybe the V-Box will also be onboard
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #102
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

I believe the problem here lies with your thread title and horsepower claim of 800hp. If you were just wanting to illustrate the limiter being removed no need to bring up horsepower then get upset when people start asking about it. This thread was getting very little attention until the talk of HP came into play as 90% of the people on here have NO chance of getting the limiter removed
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #103
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
I believe the problem here lies with your thread title and horsepower claim of 800hp. If you were just wanting to illustrate the limiter being removed no need to bring up horsepower then get upset when people start asking about it. This thread was getting very little attention until the talk of HP came into play as 90% of the people on here have NO chance of getting the limiter removed
+1 regarding limiter removal myth in USA
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #104
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep

I can see that all M-bitious cares about is top speed. His own youtube channel only has speedos pegged.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mbitious/videos

Anything outside that does not seem to interest him as I think he's trolling for clicks on his page.
      06-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #105
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
I can see that all M-bitious cares about is top speed. His own youtube channel only has speedos pegged.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mbitious/videos

Anything outside that does not seem to interest him as I think he's trolling for clicks on his page.
I don't think that is fair to say. I hope he proves you wrong by posting some vbox data.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #106
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I don't think that is fair to say. I hope he proves you wrong by posting some vbox data.
Me too!
      06-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #107
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Let's not ruffle his feathers when all he's trying is to prove M5 is a SUPER CAR -
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #108
Abdalla Alhammadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2013

Quote:
In the end all I care about is the cars performance as well , I could care less about what a particular tune makes on a dyno . Performance numbers like trap speed , 60-130mph, 100-200km/ hr , and head to head rolling races are the only true way to judge the merit of one tune vs the other . Id like to know which is faster , the top speed delimit is cool but in the US unfortunately isn't going to happen as even PP performance requires the m- driver pack to be present to remove the limiter up top ( we have different ECU hardware in the states). So I and others want to know is it really that much better for 1000's of dollars and the risk of sending my ECU off by mail . What's wrong with that lol?
My dear a lot of people from different countries all over the world are sending either the car itself or the ecu (if they don't have PP dealer in their country) ... if you are not completely satisfied ... you are most welcome to visit Abu Dhabi and feel the power and the performance difference ... so will not only depends on my words ... I guess its fair enough for you

I'm a normal customer that he is totally happy and satisfied with what he got from PP... hope to see you soon ^_^
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #109
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Guys please stop it! you know what you are doing?????
You are pushing him to put his life at risk!!!! all he wants to do is to prove you he has the fastest and most powerful and best M5 in the world and he wants to run his car as fast as possible to hit highest speed which is really dangerous.
Come on guys!!! be mature....
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #110
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Guys please stop it! you know what you are doing?????
You are pushing him to put his life at risk!!!! all he wants to do is to prove you he has the fastest and most powerful and best M5 in the world and he wants to run his car as fast as possible to hit highest speed which is really dangerous.
Come on guys!!! be mature....
I don't care what his top speed is (as I can't remove mine) just would like to know how fast he gets there

To me top speed runs are pointless never used unless autobahn or airstrip event which I will likely never have my car on either. I understand the Mpack removing the limiter however when you get beyond that DCT etc it's dangerous. Aerodynamics and much more come into play
Appreciate 0