M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

07-18-2022, 10:47 PM   #23
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Also, I recently learned that the F90 oil pump is a direct bolt on match. I am not sure of its benefits but heard it had a higher flow rate.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 02:11 AM   #24
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitless831 View Post
I would like to update this thread and let everyone know the F90 HPFP is a direct bolt on, but you do need to solder in a new pig tail.

Here is the pumps and pig tails needed to get it done. 50% more fuel is a win win!

https://euroklasse.com/products/bmw-...fps-w-adaptprs
Is this enough to run full e85 on our f10's?

I'm a bit skeptical because spool performance also makes a upgraded HPFP but they are upwards of $3-4k

Now I know that a HPFP is not a very complicated concept to make but still I am curious if this is enough to run full e85.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 10:42 AM   #25
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
If memory serves me right, for e85 you will have to add billet manifolds for port inject as the factory injectors cannot keep up with the flow rate.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #26
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
If memory serves me right, for e85 you will have to add billet manifolds for port inject as the factory injectors cannot keep up with the flow rate.
Is this 100% factual? I keep hearing different things from
With upgraded HPFP you need to modify the cams

Or that you need port injection w direct injection

I can’t seem to find a clear answer
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 07:18 AM   #27
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstm5 View Post
Is this 100% factual? I keep hearing different things from
With upgraded HPFP you need to modify the cams

Or that you need port injection w direct injection

I can’t seem to find a clear answer
I can't say that it is 100 as i have been reading through all these threads you probably read. Prevailing opinion that I walked away with was that they couldn't keep up with the rate needed to make up for the lack of energy in e85 and the other issue I found was that even if you had all the pumps in place the ecu is going to need programming. You'll likely need an ethanol analyzer as e85 does tend to vary even when pumped from the say station.

I have read a little about exhaust cam mods but couldn't find much so I stopped looking. That said I remain interested in that topic as well.
Appreciate 1
fstm5145.50
      02-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #28
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I can't say that it is 100 as i have been reading through all these threads you probably read. Prevailing opinion that I walked away with was that they couldn't keep up with the rate needed to make up for the lack of energy in e85 and the other issue I found was that even if you had all the pumps in place the ecu is going to need programming. You'll likely need an ethanol analyzer as e85 does tend to vary even when pumped from the say station.

I have read a little about exhaust cam mods but couldn't find much so I stopped looking. That said I remain interested in that topic as well.
I am looking into this and will be doing it for my car most likely I will post my results once I do
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2023, 06:47 AM   #29
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am looking into this and will be doing it for my car most likely I will post my results once I do
I look forward to following the thread once you start it and I ill make every effort to help when possible. Before I tackle that; I think I am going to have forged rods and pistons installed as I don't want to bend a rod plus I am curious what the last 3 years of driving looks like on the rod bearings used in my RK stock rebuild.
Appreciate 1
fstm5145.50
      02-26-2023, 04:45 AM   #30
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I look forward to following the thread once you start it and I ill make every effort to help when possible. Before I tackle that; I think I am going to have forged rods and pistons installed as I don't want to bend a rod plus I am curious what the last 3 years of driving looks like on the rod bearings used in my RK stock rebuild
Where do you plan to do your installation for rods and pistons ?

Curious to see how much it would cost including parts and labor
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #31
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Where do you plan to do your installation for rods and pistons ?

Curious to see how much it would cost including parts and labor
I haven’t chosen a shop yet but I am going to consider sending the car back to RKAutowerks as they did the stock rebuild for me a few years ago. Plus Raza has a nice billet intake manifold.

I may use the pistons from the F90 M5 if the price is more favorable and for the rods I think I am going to go with the Mr. Canó’s/ Arrow forged rods. New rod bearings going in for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #32
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

Quote:
I haven’t chosen a shop yet but I am going to consider sending the car back to RKAutowerks as they did the stock rebuild for me a few years ago. Plus Raza has a nice billet intake manifold.

I may use the pistons from the F90 M5 if the price is more favorable and for the rods I think I am going to go with the Mr. Canó’s/ Arrow forged rods. New rod bearings going in for sure.
My car is currently with Mr Vanos for the F90 pistons and Arrow rods combo!
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2023, 03:48 PM   #33
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I feel pistons are not the most necessary upgrade on these motors, you might as well but I definitely do think the main concern are the rods
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2023, 04:35 PM   #34
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5rosco View Post
My car is currently with Mr Vanos for the F90 pistons and Arrow rods combo!
Do you have a $ estimate?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 04:51 PM   #35
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a $ estimate?
Approx $18500 USD at todays exchange rate. Thats car dropped off, engine removed, disassembled, heads stripped and skimmed, new stem seals, new injectors, new oil pump, new main bearings, ACL rod bearings. Arrow con rods, f90 pistons, New Bosch eu6 injectors, etc etc.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #36
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Approx $18500 USD at todays exchange rate. Thats car dropped off, engine removed, disassembled, heads stripped and skimmed, new stem seals, new injectors, new oil pump, new main bearings, ACL rod bearings. Arrow con rods, f90 pistons, New Bosch eu6 injectors, etc etc.
Oh you’re doing a full rebuild I had the impression you just took it in for upgraded pistons and rods/rod bearings, not a bad price!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:54 PM   #37
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You for sure will have many many years of good fun and use.

Are you using the F90 oil pump?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:32 PM   #38
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You for sure will have many many years of good fun and use.

Are you using the F90 oil pump?
That will be down to Mr Vanos. It's supposed to be having a new pump, and if he says the f90 pump is indeed an upgrade I'd be up for it. It's a conversation I need to have. On the other hand maybe I save some money and reuse my original pump! Car has only done 21k. I don't want to cut any corners and believe if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right, but at the same time my pockets aren't infinitely deep!!!
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2023, 07:17 AM   #39
theeld
Private
Rep
Drives: xdrive35d

Anyone thought hard about possible interchange prospects on the F90 charge coolers? I like the "integrated" charge pipes.

Appreciate 0