M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
carrera2RSL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

I have a late 14 M5 CP and so far to improve the handling I have fitted:

Dinan lightweight roll bars, and the Dinan coil over kit. I am not a fan of 'comfort' and drove the car before in Sport or sport plus. The car was not that well set up before fitting the suspension kit .

The suspension heights came up (Loaded as per BMW spec) at 365F and 353 R I have run the roll bars on middle and now have them full hard. All other settings were as per Dinan other than rear camber set nearer -1.4 deg. I am now running 12mm spacers all round, moved from 10mm all round. I have changed ride heights a little to experiment and now settled on 368F, 252R with no load other than a full tank.

Overall the correct alignment has bought a marked improvement and the chassis balance is very good, however I do find the suspension seemingly softer than I would ideally like. Whilst comfort has improved the car is a little too prone to showing it's weight under large undulations and initial turn in (Before loading up on the roll bars).

Can anyone comment on how the V3 feels in comparison to stock CP and Dinan ?
I am looking for something with a little sharper turn in and more control and damping at speed, feel more like my old E39 with PSS9 Bilsteins

Will the KW V3 help and anyone in the UK with a kit fitted I might meet ? I live near Bristol ?

I am talking to Dinan who have been very helpful and will be experimenting with front bump stop positioning, however I think I'm more of an M2, M3, 911 customer in an M5 (I don't want an M2 or M3 by the way!)
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Could be wrong but sure anybody here even has a V3 on their car.

I have V3 on my X5M but not M5 (nor am I planning to since my purpose for the X5M was just to lower the car and for me CP M5 is low enough) so couldn't really give you advice though I like it very much on my X5M.

X5M is a tall car to begin with so any lowering plus stiffer suspension made a noticeable difference in stability even in straight line.
Appreciate 0