M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

09-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #23
wujekwaldus
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: 458,Huracan Spyder,G500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
anyone know the 0-100mph times for the top three contenders?

Here’s what I could find.

Porsche Turbo S: 6.0 seconds to 100mph
488: 5.9 seconds to 100mph
P100d: 6.5x seconds to 100mph

Real world testing. So not on a strip, not with non oem tires.

��
Tesla's S100D real life acceleration:
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #24
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

The whole thing is staged. My good friend used to work for Motor Trend Video and told me they could never get everyone to launch at the same time so they launch and run NUMEROUS times together to get the footage they need to put the cars in the right order. How do they determine the right order you ask? They run the cars a few times by themselves and see who is quickest/fastest. They then edit it all together to make it seem like one, single, very big race all the way to the finish line.

They justify the video editing and staging by saying the order of the cars is still the same as the data from the single runs. It's all editing, its a car magazine after all did you actually expect better?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #25
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
The whole thing is staged. My good friend used to work for Motor Trend Video and told me they could never get everyone to launch at the same time so they launch and run NUMEROUS times together to get the footage they need to put the cars in the right order. How do they determine the right order you ask? They run the cars a few times by themselves and see who is quickest/fastest. They then edit it all together to make it seem like one, single, very big race all the way to the finish line.

They justify the video editing and staging by saying the order of the cars is still the same as the data from the single runs. It's all editing, its a car magazine after all did you actually expect better?
Staged also to pick the car they want to win. Where's the demon, z06, etc? Also if you have a 2 mile runway, why not do 6 races? You've got an air force airfield shut down. Make use of it. Quarter, half, mile, from standstill and 30 mph rolling? Because you want to push the ev myth. Probably paid by tesla.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
Rep
Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Staged also to pick the car they want to win. Where's the demon, z06, etc? Also if you have a 2 mile runway, why not do 6 races? You've got an air force airfield shut down. Make use of it. Quarter, half, mile, from standstill and 30 mph rolling? Because you want to push the ev myth. Probably paid by tesla.
Next time they will include the hyperloop in the event... guess who will win?!?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post

It's a stretch to say it's paid by Tesla. It's an American car magazine, since when do they do half mile or one mile or rolling test? It has always been 0-60 and quarter mile. They aren't really doing anything out of the norm.

Last edited by Phatcat; 10-04-2017 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0