M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

04-19-2021, 12:52 AM   #133
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Finishing 2nd, passing 7 cars after the restart and still leading the championship. Pretty damn well if I say.

And he still has more rain wins than VER has wins, period.
Haven’t you heard - passing 7 of the best drivers in the best cars is "pure luck" when Sir Lewis does it, and "skill" whenever anyone else does.
At this point, I’m just going to be honest and call it veiled racism. Luck is just another term they use because they refuse to give him credit for his skill.

Same way people talk about Black and White QBs. If they are white, it’s intelligence, Football IQ, and great leadership. And if they are black, it’s raw athleticism, and they look for the coach as a father figure for guidance.It’s amazing that people praise Lando, when in his second year at McLaren, Lewis was winning and not celebrating essentially last (podium) place. Today Sir Lewis passed 7 cars, and found himself in second place with supposedly the ‘fastest car’ on the grid. For comparison, Bottas in this same car struggled against a Williams.

I can’t wait for Sir Lewis to drag is balls all across the podium this year as he collects another WDC, and everyone has to come up with an excuse for the next great white hope.

***k F1 and it’s fans.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 04-19-2021 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
Bartledoo2690.00
Steeler2422.00
      04-19-2021, 01:25 AM   #134
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
To be fair, his fav team is Ferrari and he gave Binotto a interesting first name lol
And he likes Kimi, who is an absolute arrogant piece of shit. And he has the nerve to talk about Sir Lewis
Appreciate 1
Mr Pete1595.50
      04-19-2021, 01:42 AM   #135
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

The problem with fans disrespecting the nemesis of their favourite drivers or those they simply dislike for any reason...is that it promotes a certain amount of retaliation and push back.
I think it would be great if everyone could just support their man without having to trash others.

Anyway....
Interesting about Hamiltons luck in Imola (and some other races) it so reminds me of Schumacher back in the day...when it seemed that so many victories or top finishes were reliant on luck.
Selective memory for sure - remembering the good luck but not so much the bad.

Also surprised by Landos pace over Ricciardo...not at all what I expected, you have to think that after a few more races it ought to even out.

And, not sure Russell having a go at Bottas was a smart move...apparently Toto was not impressed.
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 06:13 AM   #136
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Soooooo.......

No mention yet about Russell actually shitting his pants? I guess could be a water stain, but idk, seems to have too much color to it.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 07:28 AM   #137
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
And, not sure Russell having a go at Bottas was a smart move...apparently Toto was not impressed.
It looks bad on Bottas that he was getting passed by a Williams in 9th. He shouldn't have been that far back in the first place. Lewis was able to easily run up the grid and Norris was the only one that took some maneuvering. Bottas had most of the race and was only going backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
No mention yet about Russell actually shitting his pants? I guess could be a water stain, but idk, seems to have too much color to it.
Post a pic, didn't see this yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 07:29 AM   #138
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atopa2002 View Post
why use scHam instead of his real short name Ham as you used for all the drivers ? your bias/feeling towards him just showed through.
Dude, I call my own team principle Osama Binotto because he sucks. Ferrari needs a driver like Toto. I also use Mazespin and he drives, kinda. As for other drivers I don't like I'm open for suggestions. But scHAM stays! Never liked him and never will. AGAIN, has NOTHING to do with his skin color!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'll add Botta$$ to the list if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited by Killed by Death; 04-19-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 07:37 AM   #139
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Hamilton, while being one of the best if not the best ever, is unquestionably the LUCKIEST driver of all time. Outside of that pitlane incident in China years ago, the guy's luck is just absolutely astounding. I mean, you almost have to wonder if he's made a deal with somebody in the nether realm for the way his luck runs. No way he should have taken 2nd today, but through yet another bolt of lighting luck there he is. When you combine being great AND being lucky I don't know how the hell you can lose.
Lucky and Cocky. His instagram post

"A mistake nearly cost us 25 points".

Didnt have a sniff at 1st place, got lucky as hell with the red flag, but somehow felt that 25 points were in play for him at some point in the race.

At least he didnt steal 1st place trophy this time
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #140
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post

Didnt have a sniff at 1st place, got lucky as hell with the red flag, but somehow felt that 25 points were in play for him at some point in the race.

LOL!

You're mistaking having a winner's attitude for being cocky. Clearly you've never been around people that have achieved extreme levels of success...they have a level of self-belief that you would not understand.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2165.00
Bartledoo2690.00
      04-19-2021, 07:58 AM   #141
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
It looks bad on Bottas that he was getting passed by a Williams in 9th. He shouldn't have been that far back in the first place. Lewis was able to easily run up the grid and Norris was the only one that took some maneuvering. Bottas had most of the race and was only going backwards.

Post a pic, didn't see this yet.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:01 AM   #142
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post

I would say he was decently lucky that a red came out and gave him his lap back, but how was he not in the running for a win prior to that. He was 2.5s off Max and gaining with half the race left...
I also dont see cocky. Do you listen to his interviews?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #143
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Woah or woah, what a race. The whole thing was wild from start to finish.
So many great headlines too.
Perez - Couldnt keep up
Bottas - What a day...
Russell - Probably shouldnt have.
Norris - Amazing work
Ferrari - Solid
Riccardo - Still slower?
Vettel - Seems not to have it anymore
Hamilton - Good results considering
Max - Well done
Gasly - Good recovery
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #144
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
And he likes Kimi, who is an absolute arrogant piece of shit. And he has the nerve to talk about Sir Lewis
Kimi isn't arrogant! He is a private person who doesn't like people or interviews very much. Wish he had more to be arrogant about but one championship doesn't cut it. Should have had more BTW. I like or dislike drivers because of their personality, ways and actions more than their success.

Also, I've never denied HAM is an awesome driver. I call him scHAM because without the move to MB he would NEVER have all those championships.
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #145
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Bottas vs Russell according to mr Wolff.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36...AGwFR6myLkYSQA

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #146
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Kimi isn't arrogant! He is a private person who doesn't like people or interviews very much. Wish he had more to be arrogant about but one championship doesn't cut it. Should have had more BTW. I like or dislike drivers because of their personality, ways and actions more than their success.

Also, I've never denied HAM is an awesome driver. I call him scHAM because without the move to MB he would NEVER have all those championships.
Don’t feed the trolls. It’s an easy out to shout racism when someone lacks comprehension that race isn’t at the forefront of another’s mind. Be confident in your ability to choose based on merits, actions and character and allow others to wallow and wither with their own loathings.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #147
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:

Hamilton's supporters will argue without a single ounce of integrity that it's all or mostly driver's skill, not technology, that's responsible for those championships, despite the disparity in technology being on display for all to see in every single race, season after season, since the first days of F1. It's disingenuous in my opinion, but it's their opinion, and everyone is entitled to one.

And they take your disagreements PERSONALLY, as if it's their first born you've insulted.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #148
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Are you asking or telling? Kimi is onw of the least likeable people in F1. It's amazing you like people for their personality, so I'm sure you have a defense for all of these, right?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-and-arrogant

https://www.businessinsider.com/form...his-leg-2018-4

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...al-motivation/

LOL a being mad at Hamilton for doing his job. You should be more upset at everyone else on the grid who have been glorified benchwarmers their whole carriers. At least Sir Lewis is actually winning, you can't say the same about the rest of the field (or Kimi)
      04-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #149
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

cost cap rules are looking a bit weird considering damages.. so hypothetically if 2 cars been wrecked in lets says 3-4 races in a season.. team might not even able to finish the season by this cost cap.. car damages should be excluded from this cap i believe..

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...grade/6343399/ ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Bottas vs Russell according to mr Wolff.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36...AGwFR6myLkYSQA

Cheers
Robin
Speaking to Sky F1 immediately after the race, a tongue-in-cheek Wolff had said: "I keep teasing him [Russell] saying if he does a good job he can be in a Mercedes, if not we will be in the Renault Clio Cup.

"Today we are more close to the Renault Clio Cup."

04-19-2021, 09:03 AM   #150
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Hamilton's supporters will argue without a single ounce of integrity that it's all or mostly driver's skill, not technology, that's responsible for those championships, despite the disparity in technology being on display for all to see in every single race, season after season, since the first days of F1. It's disingenuous in my opinion, but it's their opinion, and everyone is entitled to one.

And they take your disagreements PERSONALLY, as if it's their first born you've insulted.
Find me someone on the grid who has accomplished as much as Sir Lewis has. Not even Nico (who won literally by 'luck') never amounted to this much.

I'll wait.
      04-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #151
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Are you asking or telling? Kimi is onw of the least likeable people in F1. It's amazing you like people for their personality, so I'm sure you have a defense for all of these, right?

LOL a being mad at Hamilton for doing his job. You should be more upset at everyone else on the grid who have been glorified benchwarmers their whole carriers. At least Sir Lewis is actually winning, you can't say the same about the rest of the field (or Kimi)
How are those links indicative of being unlikable? The second one doesn't even have anything to do with personality. He was released unsafely by the team. The others just show he doesn't like media being down his throat. Nobody really does...
      04-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #152
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post

Then why haven't all of the other drivers who have shared the same seat won all of the races?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2165.00
inTgr8r2421.50
      04-19-2021, 10:14 AM   #153
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
How are those links indicative of being unlikable? The second one doesn't even have anything to do with personality. He was released unsafely by the team. The others just show he doesn't like media being down his throat. Nobody really does...
Or this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comm...B6nen_wrecked/

"Earlier today, PlanetRobby shared photos of the damaged car on Twitter (Imgur mirror above).

In the replies, crew chief Patrick Donahue noted he was less than pleased with Kimi's attitude during the test.[9][10]

"That was a terrible day he got out of the car and want to fly to Monaco," read one tweet. "Didn't care that he had just torn it up either I was disappointed in the way he acted"."

Or here:

https://www.planetf1.com/uncategoriz...ude-raikkonen/
      04-19-2021, 10:19 AM   #154
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not asking or telling, maybe I'm a drunk introvert just like him.
Appreciate 1