M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2022, 07:52 PM   #309
HeelToeShift
Captain
1499
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: Mine
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Here

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Everyone bitching about max, but look at Leclerc begging for 3rd place (which would be 3 points btw) vs Perez begging for 6th (which would be 2 pts)

Perez wouldn't need to beg if he just drove better this weekend and the weekends before.

He's a #2 driver, he would never win a championship, or beat Max, he had the chance in the beginning of the season, and he just didn't perform.

The fact that Max had to pit early for damage, then managed to go from last to 6th, and pass Perez already tells you how much better of a driver he is.

Next year is his last year, and Perez will be booted off the team for someone else.




And Lewis is always throwing shade at Max, dude gave him zero space and somehow Max got the penalty lmao, they didn't cause any issues all season and the only time they had a chance to win, Lewis squeezes him like he always does to any driver and gets away Scot free.

How anyone likes Hamilton is beyond me, dude drives dirty, and people jump to his defense all the time, he isn't even a good driver, look how he drove all season, and hasn't even won a race yet, and he always plays the victim card of "I always have a target on my back"

As VER said, he went for the gap, it costed him 5 seconds, but it costed HAM the win. I seriously hope HAM never wins another race again so he's exposed as a fraudulent champion.
Yea, I donít know how ham leaves maybe 1/2 car at best and Ver gets the penalty? Ham honestly is not an impressive driver when he actually has to race. His race skills and intellect are sub par and this season exposed it. Max went toe to toe with almost everyone this season with little to no incidents and has come out ahead. Ham and Rus think they can just dive bomb into corners. Rus Iím sure will have an even bigger ego now that he won a race. He is as much or more of a tool than Ham is.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #310
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Yea, I donít know how ham leaves maybe 1/2 car at best and Ver gets the penalty? Ham honestly is not an impressive driver when he actually has to race. His race skills and intellect are sub par and this season exposed it. Max went toe to toe with almost everyone this season with little to no incidents and has come out ahead. Ham and Rus think they can just dive bomb into corners. Rus Iím sure will have an even bigger ego now that he won a race. He is as much or more of a tool than Ham is.
So VER gets a penalty for dive bombing, 5 seconds and points in his licence.

And yet, HAM is the one that does it?
Appreciate 2
minn1913711.00
ryanb0655.00
      11-13-2022, 08:11 PM   #311
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
1903
Rep
2,550
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
So VER gets a penalty for dive bombing, 5 seconds and points in his licence.

And yet, HAM is the one that does it?
Where do you see dive bomb from VER?

He was alongside HAM and got squeezed out.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:14 PM   #312
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Where do you see dive bomb from VER?

He was alongside HAM and got squeezed out.
I’m sorry, I watched the race.

Please tell us why VER got a penalty.

Edit: I’ll make your life easier:
https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-ex...paulo-penalty/

The stewards determined that Verstappen attempted to pass Hamilton on the outside of Turn 1 by braking very late.

“He did not complete the pass in Turn 1 and his excess speed compromised his entry into Turn 2, at which point he made contact with Hamilton.“

What is your definition of “dive bomb”?
Appreciate 1
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 08:19 PM   #313
HeelToeShift
Captain
1499
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: Mine
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Here

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
So VER gets a penalty for dive bombing, 5 seconds and points in his licence.

And yet, HAM is the one that does it?
How many cars have Ham and Rus crashed out this year compared to RB? I cant think of one from RB but MB have done it numerous times.

Rus crashed into Per at the RB Ring.
Rus almost killed Zhou at Silverstone
Rus crashed into Sai at COTA
Dove into Perez at French GP
just to name a few

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 11-13-2022 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 4
Rono63658.00
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:20 PM   #314
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
How many cars have Ham and Rus crashed out this year compared to RB? I cant think of one from RB but MB have done it numerous times.
Your point being?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 08:22 PM   #315
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
1903
Rep
2,550
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Iím sorry, I watched the race.

Please tell us why VER got a penalty.

Edit: Iíll make your life easier:
https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-ex...paulo-penalty/

The stewards determined that Verstappen attempted to pass Hamilton on the outside of Turn 1 by braking very late.

ďHe did not complete the pass in Turn 1 and his excess speed compromised his entry into Turn 2, at which point he made contact with Hamilton.ď

What is your definition of ďdive bombĒ?
ďWhile the stewards recognize that Hamilton could possibly have given a little more room at the apex of Turn 2, the stewards determined that Verstappen was predominantly at fault.Ē

Got it, so they were bias.

If this ever happens again, just squeeze your competitor out and they get the penalty.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #316
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
ďWhile the stewards recognize that Hamilton could possibly have given a little more room at the apex of Turn 2, the stewards determined that Verstappen was predominantly at fault.Ē

Got it, so they were bias.

If this ever happens again, just squeeze your competitor out and they get the penalty.
Geez man itís hard to debate with you guys, you argue even with facts lol
I wish I was on Maxís payroll too, because thatís the only way Iíd defend someone so blindly all the time hahaha

Cheers mate.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 08:32 PM   #317
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
3626
Rep
4,610
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
While the stewards recognize that Hamilton could possibly have given a little more room at the apex of Turn 2, the stewards determined that Verstappen was predominantly at fault.”

Got it, so they were bias.

If this ever happens again, just squeeze your competitor out and they get the penalty.
Geez man it’s hard to debate with you guys, you argue even with facts lol
I wish I was on Max’s payroll too, because that’s the only way I’d defend someone so blindly all the time hahaha

Cheers mate.
Yup.

When HAM gets penalized "it's his fault, that's why he got the penalty". Guess the same doesn't apply here.

Some of these comments here are just laughable devoid of any logic or sense - 100% fanboyism.

Personally I thought it was a racing incident but apparently F1 shouldn't have any collisions. NOR didn't get a penalty for clearly driving into LEC which had an excellent drive today and recovered from a worse incident.
Appreciate 2
________4157.50
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #318
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
1903
Rep
2,550
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Geez man itís hard to debate with you guys, you argue even with facts lol
I wish I was on Maxís payroll too, because thatís the only way Iíd defend someone so blindly all the time hahaha

Cheers mate.
I wish I was on HAMs payroll too because he never does anything wrong.

Clean racing from Max all season with everyone, including Russel , and some wheel to wheel with HAM results in a crash? I think we know the problem, and it ain't max.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #319
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
I wish I was on HAMs payroll too because he never does anything wrong.

Clean racing from Max all season with everyone, including Russel , and some wheel to wheel with HAM results in a crash? I think we know the problem, and it ain't max.
HAM does things wrong too, and he gets penalties for those…
Don’t think anyone stands here arguing those, I sure wouldn’t. The penalties assessed are all correct. I’ve never seen the FIA make a mistake when handing those out. They look at the thing from angles we don’t even see, with knowledge of the rules and experience of racing. More than ours.

You guys are free to debate whether the penalty was right or not, lol I provided the evidence, that suffices as fact To me and I have no dog in that fight.

Cheers!

Late EDIT: I just replied because I thought it was interesting you claimed HAM dive bombs on the same note VER was being penalized for doing just that… and by virtue of you saying that, I found it was safe to assume that if the positions were reversed, you’d be making the same claim, but defending VER for “not needing to give room because he came flying next to him”.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #320
HeelToeShift
Captain
1499
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: Mine
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Here

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Your point being?
MB are dirty drivers.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:39 PM   #321
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
4864
Rep
6,823
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Fun race overall. Max showing what a dbag he is, nothing new.
Appreciate 1
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 08:39 PM   #322
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
MB are dirty drivers.
Like itís in their contract or mission statement or something?
As soon as you sign with Merc you become corrupt? You sure?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 08:50 PM   #323
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Fun race overall. Max showing what a dbag he is, nothing new.
I thought that too, but then now looking at the Monaco incident, could that have been why. Thoughts? Iím not sure Iíd do differently if I felt I was hurt by the same person.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 08:55 PM   #324
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
1903
Rep
2,550
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Like itís in their contract or mission statement or something?
As soon as you sign with Merc you become corrupt? You sure?
Well, looking at how many people RUS torpedoed this season...
Appreciate 4
________4157.50
M5Rick51290.00
NYG10482.50
      11-13-2022, 08:58 PM   #325
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
3626
Rep
4,610
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Fun race overall. Max showing what a dbag he is, nothing new.
I thought that too, but then now looking at the Monaco incident, could that have been why. Thoughts? I’m not sure I’d do differently if I felt I was hurt by the same person.
Maybe if points still mattered. Also, if it was an issue, this should've been dealt with and addressed in team meetings and not spill into the race because what we saw was bad and the radio made in even worse - it was literally a middle finger to the entire team.

Ultimately, it was a dumb and selfish decision by VER but race is over and LEC and PER are tied for points. Winner takes all - PER should be focused on trying to win this race on his own.
Appreciate 1
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #326
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Maybe if points still mattered. Also, if it was an issue, this should've been dealt with and addressed in team meetings and not spill into the race because what we saw was bad and the radio made in even worse - it was literally a middle finger to the entire team.

Ultimately, it was a dumb and selfish decision by VER but race is over and LEC and PER are tied for points. Winner takes all - PER should be focused on trying to win this race on his own.
Iím a way it gave us something to watch. Since the WDC is done, we can now look at the battle for second.

Glad thereís no more Masi lol.
Appreciate 1
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 09:04 PM   #327
g21
Brigadier General
g21's Avatar
2803
Rep
3,284
Posts

Drives: M340i M550i LeafEV WRX Sienna
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

No need to rage on about Hamilton.

He did that to protect Russell and that move gave Merc the win.

Sergio would have done that for Max. Not the other way round though.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2022, 09:07 PM   #328
Marcoose
First Lieutenant
Marcoose's Avatar
United_States
314
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: 2016 sDrive35is
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Our champion* is a brilliant driver, and not someone Iíd have a beer with.
Appreciate 3
________4157.50
toned44.00
minn1913711.00
      11-13-2022, 09:12 PM   #329
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
3626
Rep
4,610
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Maybe if points still mattered. Also, if it was an issue, this should've been dealt with and addressed in team meetings and not spill into the race because what we saw was bad and the radio made in even worse - it was literally a middle finger to the entire team.

Ultimately, it was a dumb and selfish decision by VER but race is over and LEC and PER are tied for points. Winner takes all - PER should be focused on trying to win this race on his own.
I’m a way it gave us something to watch. Since the WDC is done, we can now look at the battle for second.

Glad there’s no more Masi lol.
Kind of rooting for PER to win on his own now but still want LEC to finish second after all the shit he went through and it would be will deserved.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 09:21 PM   #330
________
________
4158
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Kind of rooting for PER to win on his own now but still want LEC to finish second after all the shit he went through and it would be will deserved.
Funny you should say that. I can’t root for PER.
I like LEC and I think he got stiffed by Ferrari, hope he can get 2nd overall and hopefully a win too.

Funny because someone above said Merc Drivers are dirty, but I haven’t seen them crashing on purpose (a la Piquet) and their team wasn’t fined for cheating on the budget
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST