M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

09-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #89
Liberation
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalBM View Post
Don't mean to bump this thread with a somewhat off-topic question, but (I will, lol); Why do Audi's price so poorly compared to BMWs? I priced out the M5 I want with Dave Aviles - new build - and with a starting MSRP equal to the RS7 I priced out, the monthly cost was nearly $500 less for the BM. Same out-the-door on each. Is this normal?

Anyway, the RS7 has a lot of appeal for a daily and the M5 I was thinking of getting would be replaced by the Audi meaning the wife could get a 2013 M6 we have within arms reach (thing has like, 5500 miles and is spotless, for $80k).
Are those lease comparisons? If so, that's the reason. BMW is much, much more aggressive in their lease numbers.

They're all about volume.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #90
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Are those lease comparisons? If so, that's the reason. BMW is much, much more aggressive in their lease numbers.

They're all about volume.
Yup, 36/15k leases on either, $109k MSRP. But, the M5 would be around $1000k a month and the Audi almost $1500.

I'm just struggling with the love for BMW versus the thunderous noise and speed of the RS7.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #91
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Don't mean to bump this thread with a somewhat off-topic question, but (I will, lol); Why do Audi's price so poorly compared to BMWs? I priced out the M5 I want with Dave Aviles - new build - and with a starting MSRP equal to the RS7 I priced out, the monthly cost was nearly $500 less for the BM. Same out-the-door on each. Is this normal?

Anyway, the RS7 has a lot of appeal for a daily and the M5 I was thinking of getting would be replaced by the Audi meaning the wife could get a 2013 M6 we have within arms reach (thing has like, 5500 miles and is spotless, for $80k).
Audi has some strong lease support but not on R or S models for the most part. So yes leasing an RS7 will be more no doubt. The residuals are probably 12 pts lower for same terms and miles at 36 months.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #92
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yup, 36/15k leases on either, $109k MSRP. But, the M5 would be around $1000k a month and the Audi almost $1500.

I'm just struggling with the love for BMW versus the thunderous noise and speed of the RS7.
Money is relative so its hard to gauge what one is willing to give up and gain to pay more for. Both the M and the RS7 are great cars; I kept my M5 for 6 months and am coming up on my half year celebration with the RS7. I modded both but the full tune on the RS7 and the AWD has me still loving the car. Ill keep it until December..... LOLOLOLOL
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #93
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Money is relative so its hard to gauge what one is willing to give up and gain to pay more for. Both the M and the RS7 are great cars; I kept my M5 for 6 months and am coming up on my half year celebration with the RS7. I modded both but the full tune on the RS7 and the AWD has me still loving the car. Ill keep it until December..... LOLOLOLOL
Yikes. I thought I had A.D.H.D. when it came to cars.

True though, it's all relative in the end. But, 40-45% more money for a car with the same price is a hard pill to swallow at the moment.

If you give up the RS7 in December, let me know. I'll snag it and have it wrapped in Sepang Pearl
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #94
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yikes. I thought I had A.D.H.D. when it came to cars.

True though, it's all relative in the end. But, 40-45% more money for a car with the same price is a hard pill to swallow at the moment.

If you give up the RS7 in December, let me know. I'll snag it and have it wrapped in Sepang Pearl
Well the price is not 40% more- just the lease payment and with money so cheap on the streets these day- if one wants to finance he/she can get a tremendous rate depending on the ltv of the acquisition. My Audi msrp was 123k and the M5 was 104500 so that lease payment difference would be more meaningful. The M5's are also more cheap because of the gross cap costs. Any one can walk into BMW dealer and get a pretty good to great deal on an M5 with minimal haggling. Audi, not so much RS7 wise.

I think Ive had over 15 cars in 3 years LOL.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #95
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

thanks for the review, I don't know how I missed this until you pointed me to this thread!

Your car in the first set of photos seems to sit much higher than the red one I saw at the dealer, maybe it's because of the aftermarket wheels you put on it?

Was the resonator removal a bolt-on and removal or did it have to be cut?

After reading your review now I need to go back to the dealer to drive it. This is the only super sedan I have not driven. The m5 I drove was a DCT and it had blistering acceleration but too quiet and isolated feeling. The Pana GTS is the most "Alive" car of the bunch thus far. Would you say the RS7 is faster than the M5?

Exhaust note is very important to me....as much as I love white cars, I am really thinking of doing something different (Either a blue, black) this time around.

Are you planning to sell yours? If so please let me know....
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #96
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
thanks for the review, I don't know how I missed this until you pointed me to this thread!

Your car in the first set of photos seems to sit much higher than the red one I saw at the dealer, maybe it's because of the aftermarket wheels you put on it?

Was the resonator removal a bolt-on and removal or did it have to be cut?

After reading your review now I need to go back to the dealer to drive it. This is the only super sedan I have not driven. The m5 I drove was a DCT and it had blistering acceleration but too quiet and isolated feeling. The Pana GTS is the most "Alive" car of the bunch thus far. Would you say the RS7 is faster than the M5?

Exhaust note is very important to me....as much as I love white cars, I am really thinking of doing something different (Either a blue, black) this time around.

Are you planning to sell yours? If so please let me know....
The car you saw (red) is more than likely on an air suspension which tends to sit lower when not being driven. My car is on steel springs (I ordered it this way to reduce roll) and there is no fluctuation at a standstill. Adding in my aftermarket wheels didnt really do anything except remove a little of the gap since the 295x30x21 tires are taller than the OEM 275x30x21 tires. But since my wheels stick out to the fender it does create a view that there is more gap. When I had my OEM wheels on the car, since they sat inwards, it actually looked lower as the line of sight for the gap is not as prevalent.

The resonator is a cut and weld process and is very simple to do. I have since pulled both the mid and back resonators keeping the remainder of the system stock and the noise level is probably up about 40% from Idle to WOT with the burbles and pops being much more noticeable. I cant see myself wanting to put an aftermarket exhaust on the car like I did on my F10 M5 and F13 M6; those cars were silent in comparison. So for 300 dollars I have a great sounding car

I really enjoy the car, stock it is very fast from a dig (faster than an M5) and it will carry this lead into a quartermile no doubt. The M5 will do better from a roll with its RWD platform and DCT tranny but the gaps are close. The RS7 has a "full blown" tune and it will pull higher 10's in the quarter and close to 130 mph trap (tune only on 93).

I am not selling my car at this time
Appreciate 0