M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

08-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Kickr661
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

QTP exhaust cutouts for f10 M5

I see the use of cutouts were popular on the E60 M5 but i haven't see much noise about these for the F10.

I have to keep my car sounding stock as i promised my wife. Ive had cammed V8s and loud supercharged V8s before the M5, we have a C63 also so it's damn hard to have no noise lol.

The exhaust cutouts seem like my solution. I haven't heard any clips of the F10 driving with these, does it sound the same as a straight muffler delete?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

There are a few clips of f10's with cutouts. Google f10 m5 Exhaust cutouts and there are a few clips. I was going to add cutouts on my stock exhaust and ended up with an eisenmann race system. A good alternative is to buy a full system and have a shop weld in a set of electronic valves to quiet the car when your wife is in it
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
Kickr661
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

I asked here because i can't find one single clip of a driveby sound with cutouts. That's what i want to hear.

Exhausts are expensive hete and i have never heard an M5 with a system in the flesh.

i wouldn't spend 11.5k on a system and cutouts withiut knowing if its any good. I have stuffed cars before with drone and being to loud. Hence i want to try cutouts so at least i still have the full stock system in place if its to loud/droney with cutouts open.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Catless and valved Eisenmann Sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickr661 View Post
I asked here because i can't find one single clip of a driveby sound with cutouts. That's what i want to hear.

Exhausts are expensive hete and i have never heard an M5 with a system in the flesh.

i wouldn't spend 11.5k on a system and cutouts withiut knowing if its any good. I have stuffed cars before with drone and being to loud. Hence i want to try cutouts so at least i still have the full stock system in place if its to loud/droney with cutouts open.
You can get used systems for under 3k. Used Akrapovic can go for around 4k and those come with exhaust flap like the stock system. But an aftermarket system is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
EnderG60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 / 2012 M3

Everyone is just so much help here....

There are a few clips but no drive bys, best is to compare the behind the car vids to some other exhaust videos for a comparison.

I have found the QTP actuators go bad pretty regularly, and have been told by a good exhaust shop that the oval ones on JEGS (that arnt the QTP ones) are the best. So I ordered some....2 months ago....and they are backordered until almost new years. And there is no where else that sells them so crap.

Biggest reason I want to go this route is I want to be able to keep the car quiet for the wife and baby and I dont need the drone for long trips.

But the waiting is killing me....
Appreciate 0