M3 V6, or I-6?!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #46
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

I think most people that can afford to buy these cars could care less about the M heritage. All they see is a 550hp/500tq beast and theyll jump on it.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #47
Mii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Agreed! Who cares about V10, V12 if BMW can produce faster, lighter and more efficient engine with newer and better technology. If it's to be 550+hp/500+tq electric drive M5, people would go for it too.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #48
Canexican
Closet N54 Fan
Rep
Drives:

It always cracks me up to see the cliche M obsessed cry foul over change. M cars are and always will be awesome machines. High strung I6's, V8's, and V10's certainly do sound awesome (more-so the V8's & V10's), but adding a pair of turbos will certainly not lessen the driving experience. You guys should be happy you will finally get to experience this magical phenomenon called, "torque." 135 and 335 owners understand this and procede to smoke the M guys with very little modifications. You'll finally be able to buy an M car and not have to worry about getting toasted by some guy that paid over ten-thousand less than you.

Think about it: you'll get a significantly more powerful motor with a ton-more useable powerband, plus legendary M chassis tuning at the expense of what... ~1500 less peak rpm? When your back gets pinned to the seat you'll wonder how you ever got by without that pair of snails. The fact is that turbo > n/a. Stop whining and begin rejoicing.
Stock Turbo. Stock Cams. E85 Powered. Tuned by JSDyno.com
Sweet vids of my car kicking ass...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #49
Turbo Squid
Model
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast and Loud

Garage List
Lame.

I was really looking forward the ridiculousness of a V10TT.

I'm hoping their sources are just saying that to get InsideLine off their back, HAHA.

V10TT FTW! or new N.A V10 with 600 hp FTW!
      09-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #50
ZED4Mjjl
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6 Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canexican View Post
It always cracks me up to see the cliche M obsessed cry foul over change. M cars are and always will be awesome machines. High strung I6's, V8's, and V10's certainly do sound awesome (more-so the V8's & V10's), but adding a pair of turbos will certainly not lessen the driving experience. You guys should be happy you will finally get to experience this magical phenomenon called, "torque." 135 and 335 owners understand this and procede to smoke the M guys with very little modifications. You'll finally be able to buy an M car and not have to worry about getting toasted by some guy that paid over ten-thousand less than you.

Think about it: you'll get a significantly more powerful motor with a ton-more useable powerband, plus legendary M chassis tuning at the expense of what... ~1500 less peak rpm? When your back gets pinned to the seat you'll wonder how you ever got by without that pair of snails. The fact is that turbo > n/a. Stop whining and begin rejoicing.
old Japanese saying applies; "talk does not cook rice"
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #51
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
LOL your post if full of fail.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/25/a...win-turbod-v8/

Tell us again about how AMG is becoming //M and vise versa?

When are people going to realize that the days of gas guzzlers are coming to an end? At least the german companies are being proactive and developing new technology to stay ahead of the game.
I posted an opinion, never attacking any other poster or referring to anyone's else's opinion as fail, retarded, stupid, etc. I understand you are probably 19, so you don't know any better. But feel free in the future to express your opinion without hostility, or aggressiveness. Try asking me what I meant or disagreeing with it with some respect, not like a 19 year old punk.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #52
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
I posted an opinion, never attacking any other poster or referring to anyone's else's opinion as fail, retarded, stupid, etc. I understand you are probably 19, so you don't know any better. But feel free in the future to express your opinion without hostility, or aggressiveness. Try asking me what I meant or disagreeing with it with some respect, not like a 19 year old punk.

Cheers,
e46e92
Translation: I have no idea what i'm talking about and should stick to my 335. Got it.

I wasn't attacking you. I called you out and you posted your lame attempt at an insult to hide the fact that everything in your post was false. That you made yourself sound completely clueless. That you should stick to what you're good at, which is....*insert here*.

Sadly, if I was 19 years old, your post shows exactly how much you know compared to an average teenager.

I ask you this. Put me in my place. Tell us all why Audi is the new king and the roles of AMG and //M will be reversed.

Cheers,
ABD
      10-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #53
dhoggm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 850i C, Gated R8 5.2, E63

If //M can eliminate the lag of the 335 on this new V8 (and the write-ups say they've done it, with patented manifold technology) then I say bring it on! I'll still have the sweet NA M3 V8 to listen to when I need a symphony. My guess is the TT V8 won't sound bad, either...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #54
///power
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 - E46 M3

I have no problem with Turbos. It's when warranty is over what I'm concerned about.

Will there be a problem that costs 10K to fix like the famous Vanos problem in the E39 M5?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #55
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Good news!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #56
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED4Mjjl View Post
old Japanese saying applies; "talk does not cook rice"
"Man with hand in pocket feel cocky."
      01-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #57
dhoggm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 850i C, Gated R8 5.2, E63

Did some more research. Cancelled my reservation for the first F10 M5. Now on the prowl for a 6mt CPO M5. Half the price, I get it this year, and I can play dinosaur and actually heel and toe for myself. I'd hate for the skill I've developed over decades to rot while I flick paddles. Maybe I'll be ready when I get the CPO F10 M5...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #58
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

Slightly disappointed as I love the high-strung V10 in my E60. Will withold judgement until seeing and driving it myself

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #59
serali
Serali
Rep
Drives: E92 330

goodbye V10!

why use the engine on one model for 7 years and let it go??
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #60
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
yea, this is going to be a beast.. i too am sad that the M wont be NA anymore.. but this isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen.. i mean, those are serious numbers..that people pay upwards of 30k on top of the car they pay sticker for to get that kind of power.. and still fall short
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #61
Minimization
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 Sedan SMG III

So I am hearing 578 PS...which is not much more than the current 555 PS in the X5/6 M. Makes me think BMW ///M did little to nothing for this engine for the M5. Maybe a simple change in intake and exhaust gave it 23 PS more? More importantly though this car will weigh 1,000 lb + less than an X6 M so expect 11 s range 1/4 mi times. Plus with 500 ft lb, maybe 22 mi/gal highway, and reduced manufacturing costs I think it will be a winner. I'll miss the NA V10 but progress is progress.
X2/4MA/610/322/453/655/416/465/261/496
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #62
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Translation: I have no idea what i'm talking about and should stick to my 335. Got it.

I wasn't attacking you. I called you out and you posted your lame attempt at an insult to hide the fact that everything in your post was false. That you made yourself sound completely clueless. That you should stick to what you're good at, which is....*insert here*.

Sadly, if I was 19 years old, your post shows exactly how much you know compared to an average teenager.

I ask you this. Put me in my place. Tell us all why Audi is the new king and the roles of AMG and //M will be reversed.

Cheers,
ABD
Translation: you are a punk. I see posts like this from you all the time.

Audi's RS line, as again with the RS5, builds high revving NA engines. AMG, although going FI, builds a one engine fits all philosophy. //M used to point out that making one engine for all cars is "flawed". So my point, for your ignorant as to understand, was that now //M is using a "one engine fits all approach".

I have stated time and time again, as bad as going FI is, what really bothers me is the one engine approach.

BTW, get a clue about your gas guzzling comments: Porsche is making FI engines that AVOID the GGT. So to tell me you need big sloppy FI engines to save the environment or cut down on gas consumption.

Cheers,
Go F**k yourself

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #63
aCP
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: FO E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Turbo power is the easy way bmw and you know it.

I can buy a turbo car on every corner of the street just like i can buy a casio watch on every corner on the street. It s nothing special.

///M cars should be like mechanical watches a piece of engineering No bmw rather go the easy way. Shame on you bmw ///M. And you won t get one penny from me for this kind engine/car.

About every jap car has turbo.

///M has lost it. ///M Motorsport is gone ///M Marketing is the new ///M
lol Audi has used turbo / supercharge for while and MB too. I think you are just like ppl whos young but having a grandpa brain.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #64
aCP
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:

Cheers,
ABD
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #65
aCP
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Translation: you are a punk. I see posts like this from you all the time.

Audi's RS line, as again with the RS5, builds high revving NA engines. AMG, although going FI, builds a one engine fits all philosophy. //M used to point out that making one engine for all cars is "flawed". So my point, for your ignorant as to understand, was that now //M is using a "one engine fits all approach".

I have stated time and time again, as bad as going FI is, what really bothers me is the one engine approach.

BTW, get a clue about your gas guzzling comments: Porsche is making FI engines that AVOID the GGT. So to tell me you need big sloppy FI engines to save the environment or cut down on gas consumption.

Cheers,
Go F**k yourself
收皮啦!
Appreciate 0