M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2023, 01:26 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
12717
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb 2023 NFL Thread

And there are some ginormous News stories! With more on the way...

Aaron Rogers switches to a new Green as a NY Jet.
Dallas Cowboys finally use some common sense and part ways with Zeke!
Where will Lamar Jackson land?
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 1
Torgus3669.50
      03-16-2023, 01:30 AM   #2
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
6760
Rep
3,671
Posts

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL/Shelbyville, IN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Where will Lamar Jackson land?
He値l go wherever his momma says.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
Also our E90 330 and 325 will soon have some sort of boost. So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 04:28 AM   #3
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
GERMAN M3's Avatar
Germany
4014
Rep
1,716
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
And there are some ginormous News stories! With more on the way...

Aaron Rogers switches to a new Green as a NY Jet.
Dallas Cowboys finally use some common sense and part ways with Zeke!
Where will Lamar Jackson land?
Glad to see that we were able to acquire Stephan Gilmore. I think he値l be a great addition to Trevon Diggs. Not surprised about Zeke. The writing was on the wall.
Going to be interesting next year.

As far as Rodgers is concerned, I think he brings some much needed help to the Jets aerial game, just not sure how it will all work out. However, it is an upgrade. Wonder how Packer fans feel about it?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 08:19 AM   #4
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1228
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

I think a large portion of Packers are ok with them moving on from Rodgers. As a Vikes fan I am excited about it. We've had to put up with 30 years of hall of fame quarterbacks in our division between him and Favre. It is odd though with Rodgers going to the Jets, when Favre went to the Jets after the Packers. Does that mean Rodgers will make his way to the Vikes? I hope not....
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17146.50
GERMAN M34013.50
      03-16-2023, 11:01 AM   #5
lakefront
Captain
476
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2017 Macan GTS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE Wisconsin

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I think a large portion of Packers are ok with them moving on from Rodgers. As a Vikes fan I am excited about it. We've had to put up with 30 years of hall of fame quarterbacks in our division between him and Favre. It is odd though with Rodgers going to the Jets, when Favre went to the Jets after the Packers. Does that mean Rodgers will make his way to the Vikes? I hope not....
Can't see Rodgers going to the Vikes. Favre engineered the move to the Vikes or Bears just to be a spiteful bitch. With Rodgers I think it's more of a mutual decision.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1227.50
      03-16-2023, 11:18 AM   #6
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
T0RM3NT's Avatar
3217
Rep
543
Posts

Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

With Trey Lance and Brock Purdy, (and Sam Darnold) the 9'ers had no more need for Jimmy G. Jimmy is reunited with Josh McDaniels in Vegas.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out as the #1 QB in San Fran.
__________________
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying ~Pink Floyd

Last edited by T0RM3NT; 03-16-2023 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Added Sam Darnold, reluctantly.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1227.50
      03-16-2023, 12:37 PM   #7
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
12717
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
With Trey Lance and Brock Purdy, (and Sam Darnold) the 9'ers had no more need for Jimmy G. Jimmy is reunited with Josh McDaniels in Vegas.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out as the #1 QB in San Fran.
NFC and AFC West will be interesting...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 12:38 PM   #8
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
12717
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
He値l go wherever his momma says.
Hahaha!!!! Gotta give the dude props though for betting on himself and doing it without an Agent.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 01:18 PM   #9
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1228
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
With Trey Lance and Brock Purdy, (and Sam Darnold) the 9'ers had no more need for Jimmy G. Jimmy is reunited with Josh McDaniels in Vegas.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out as the #1 QB in San Fran.
I think the 49'ers are really hopeful that one of their QB's makes the leap and can show they can be their long time QB solution. If not then Kirk Cousins will be their starting QB in 2024. Shanahan wanted Cousins after the 2017 season but the front office traded for Jimmy G and made that a no-go. Mike Florio thinks this will be the case if Lance or Purdy don't show up.
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3216.50
      03-16-2023, 01:25 PM   #10
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
T0RM3NT's Avatar
3217
Rep
543
Posts

Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I think the 49'ers are really hopeful that one of their QB's makes the leap and can show they can be their long time QB solution. If not then Kirk Cousins will be their starting QB in 2024. Shanahan wanted Cousins after the 2017 season but the front office traded for Jimmy G and made that a no-go. Mike Florio thinks this will be the case if Lance or Purdy don't show up.
Yup. I was really hopeful Lance was going to take that Josh Allen type of leap forward this past year. Perhaps I知 delusional lol. Injuries suck!

We値l see how it plays out, but I知 not a big fan of Cousins.
__________________
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying ~Pink Floyd
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1227.50
      03-16-2023, 01:34 PM   #11
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1228
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
Yup. I was really hopeful Lance was going to take that Josh Allen type of leap forward this past year. Perhaps I知 delusional lol. Injuries suck!

We値l see how it plays out, but I知 not a big fan of Cousins.
I think you are in a good spot with Lance and Purdy battling it out assuming they come back from their injuries unscathed.

As a Vikes fan I'm split on Cousins. He is super reliable and can throw the ball all over the field and win games. The last two season he had a crazy high amount of 4th quarter comebacks and wins so there is something to him, but he isn't mobile. So when crap breaks down he can't run away from pressure and/or improvise too much. And he couldn't fill in the gaps for the Vikes defensive issues. But, Cousins on the 49'ers with their amazing defense and Shanahan's offensive brain?? That would be a scary team.
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3216.50
      03-16-2023, 01:45 PM   #12
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
3670
Rep
7,020
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Rogers to the Jets is interesting...be interesting to see that team with a decent QB. Not good for the Pats with MJ.

Last edited by Torgus; 03-16-2023 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 02:06 PM   #13
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
T0RM3NT's Avatar
3217
Rep
543
Posts

Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I think you are in a good spot with Lance and Purdy battling it out assuming they come back from their injuries unscathed.

As a Vikes fan I'm split on Cousins. He is super reliable and can throw the ball all over the field and win games. The last two season he had a crazy high amount of 4th quarter comebacks and wins so there is something to him, but he isn't mobile. So when crap breaks down he can't run away from pressure and/or improvise too much. And he couldn't fill in the gaps for the Vikes defensive issues. But, Cousins on the 49'ers with their amazing defense and Shanahan's offensive brain?? That would be a scary team.

Yes, I think Cousins is solid and reliable and the comebacks you mentioned kinda dispute my thoughts on him being more of a game manager. There's just nothing about him, to me, that makes me go "wow!" That's just my opinion...it doesn't make it right, just an opinion. However, as you mentioned, with the defense the 9'ers have and the offensive mind of Shanahan, he could be special.

I'm slowly realizing how much we make out of players in the NFL being great or being good doesn't always hinge on just their individual talents. So much of it is the surrounding cast, the system they play in, their coaching staff, and the synergy with all of those above and more that can make a good player, great. And of course, it can also make a great player, good if they don't have the benefit of some or all of those factors.

It's part of what makes team sports so interesting/fascinating to watch, especially at the highest level.
__________________
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying ~Pink Floyd
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 03:42 PM   #14
M3WC
Colonel
3155
Rep
2,991
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I think a large portion of Packers are ok with them moving on from Rodgers.
I don't get why...move on to who? 4 mvp trophies, most recent back to back in 2020/2021. They just don't get what they had for last 30 years. Constant elite qb play. Farve into Rodgers, 1992 to 2022.

Get ready for years mediocrity. The last back to back HOF QBs was maybe Montana into Young, that was a 20 year stretch. GB fans are spoiled and exiling a QB that is just 2 years off back to back mvp's.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT3216.50
Bongoxxx783.00
      03-16-2023, 03:51 PM   #15
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1228
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
Yes, I think Cousins is solid and reliable and the comebacks you mentioned kinda dispute my thoughts on him being more of a game manager. There's just nothing about him, to me, that makes me go "wow!" That's just my opinion...it doesn't make it right, just an opinion. However, as you mentioned, with the defense the 9'ers have and the offensive mind of Shanahan, he could be special.

I'm slowly realizing how much we make out of players in the NFL being great or being good doesn't always hinge on just their individual talents. So much of it is the surrounding cast, the system they play in, their coaching staff, and the synergy with all of those above and more that can make a good player, great. And of course, it can also make a great player, good if they don't have the benefit of some or all of those factors.

It's part of what makes team sports so interesting/fascinating to watch, especially at the highest level.
1000% agree with that take about the supporting pieces. Think of all the stud QB's coming out of college that were drafted super high but never performed well in the NFL. How many of those were not because of the potential and talent of the player, but because the team they went to was garbage.....
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3216.50
      03-16-2023, 03:53 PM   #16
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1228
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I don't get why...move on to who? 4 mvp trophies, most recent back to back in 2020/2021. They just don't get what they had for last 30 years. Constant elite qb play. Farve into Rodgers, 1992 to 2022.

Get ready for years mediocrity. The last back to back HOF QBs was maybe Montana into Young, that was a 20 year stretch. GB fans are spoiled and exiling a QB that is just 2 years off back to back mvp's.
Maybe move on to someone who doesn't cost as much, and who doesn't demand the team sign his best friends in free agency? My opinion isn't based on any data of surveying GB fans, just a gut feeling.
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 06:12 PM   #17
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
3670
Rep
7,020
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I think the rumors about TB coming back are 100% false. I can't imagine he would retire twice and then come back. As much as I would like it from a fans perspective.

As the game changes his records will be easier to beat...at least some of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
GERMAN M3's Avatar
Germany
4014
Rep
1,716
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Cowboys just acquired Brandin Cooks from Texans. Will be a great addition and compliment Cee Dee Lamb.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/b...-in-trade-deal
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 09:00 PM   #19
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
12717
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Cowboys just acquired Brandin Cooks from Texans. Will be a great addition and compliment Cee Dee Lamb.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/b...-in-trade-deal
And now there's this...

The #Cowboys to host three free agents on Monday visit, including RB Ronald Jones, per Michael Gehlken.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 07:18 AM   #20
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
GERMAN M3's Avatar
Germany
4014
Rep
1,716
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
And now there's this...

The #Cowboys to host three free agents on Monday visit, including RB Ronald Jones, per Michael Gehlken.
Would love to see the Cowboys pickup Bijan Robinsonin in the draft. However, I don稚 think he will be around by the time the Cowboys pick in the first round.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 12:01 PM   #21
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
12717
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Would love to see the Cowboys pickup Bijan Robinsonin in the draft. However, I don稚 think he will be around by the time the Cowboys pick in the first round.
I agree for not only now but the future too. So they don't run into the same BS salary issue with Pollard, which you know is coming!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 02:41 PM   #22
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3840
Rep
2,474
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

If Bijan is still there, and other guys at positions of more importance are gone, sure.

But there are some good HBs in this draft that can be had in the 2nd/3rd/4th.

Id much rather see OL, DL, DB, WR in the 1st than a HB if those other positions arent reaches
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST