M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

04-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #67
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShainoF10M5 View Post
Just an update on my B&O rattle. Mine is in or near the left rear door speaker, and it's a high pitched buzz. As mentioned a few posts ago, my dealership ordered a new speaker to replace what they thought was a defective one, and today they installed the new speaker. No change. I brought the techs and my Svc rep out to my car, isolated that one speaker (in expanded mode, when it is most noticeable) and he realized that they replaced the wrong speaker driver. There are actually two drivers in the rear door speaker enclosure. He replaced the woofer (or midrange) but they now think the problem is coming from the tweeter. So they ordered a new tweeter and I'll find out in a few weeks whether they've resolved this.

I did speak with my service rep about the possible b-pillar washer torque being out of spec and he did check for that because that is a known (and someone common) problem. They eliminated that issue from possibilities and are focused on a defective (or blown) speaker driver.

It's just one of those things that gets in your head after hearing it the first time. Maybe someone else is experiencing this problem and my experience will save you some time.

I think I blew one I usually listen very high and lately my rear passenger door one vibrates on certain songs and gets more intense when going louder... Hopefully they don't have to go through hoops to get it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #68
ShainoF10M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Thanks for the reply - it was a reminder to me that the service dept had still not found the source of this buzz. 2 visits last week, along with 3 prior. I can actually hear it sometimes with the stereo off - so I'm pretty sure it is a resonant frequency range that is creating the noise. It's definitely coming from the area of the b-pillar. I am very frustrated..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #69
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShainoF10M5 View Post
Thanks for the reply - it was a reminder to me that the service dept had still not found the source of this buzz. 2 visits last week, along with 3 prior. I can actually hear it sometimes with the stereo off - so I'm pretty sure it is a resonant frequency range that is creating the noise. It's definitely coming from the area of the b-pillar. I am very frustrated..
Have you tried using different EQ settings to mask it? I thought I blew a speaker because the back door was rattling like crazy... Turns out I used some of the EQ settings and it was back to normal due to service department resetting those.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 01:44 AM   #70
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

I picked my new m5 up last night. Very pleased. However before I had a chance to change the factory B&O settings I noticed the drivers door speaker was hissing and crackling a bit. So whilst still driving, I turned the entertainment off completely, centre speaker went down, but the crackling noise in the door speaker remained. It then was a constant hiss like static white noise. Is this something to do with the active exhaust noise?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 01:46 AM   #71
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

I changed settings to Expanded and tweaked equaliser to Stealth's settings and the noise has gone!!?? WTF?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #72
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Good luck typically in high performance cars I never upgrade the radio too many quirks not worth the bother.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #73
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

The static noise is back now... it's intermittent and even does it when you turn the ignition completely off? Any ideas guys? I have a video clip but struggling to upload from my iPad to here. Having a mare!
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #74
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Mate, if it's new and picked up yesterday, take it back and demand it gets sorted.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #75
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

ive taken two soundclips and emailed them to my dealer. they've never sold a car with b&o let alone had a problem.... fekin useless. needs to go to a proper audio engineer or something to properly diagnose the issue...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #76
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

annoyed and disappointed. been waiting 6 months for my car and have this problem the first day! plus it feels like its in 'safe' mode or something. doesnt rev past 4k in neutral and feels slowish. not like the loaner i had few months ago. is anything unlocked after break-in service?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 02:30 AM   #77
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
annoyed and disappointed. been waiting 6 months for my car and have this problem the first day! plus it feels like its in 'safe' mode or something. doesnt rev past 4k in neutral and feels slowish. not like the loaner i had few months ago. is anything unlocked after break-in service?
It should rev past 4k in neutral unless it's not warmed up
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #78
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

its always warmed up to peak temp before i try neutral revs... but just holds it at 4k.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #79
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

anyway, thats a different thread all together.. just feel like the hype of waiting for the m5 wasn't worth it and now what an anticlimax. dealer has acknowledge the sound clips and referring them to the m technicians. maybe the interference is to do with grounding issues? or the amp? like your home hifi hisses when the turn all channels off and the amp still hisses afterwards? im clutching here...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #80
mad-max
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 525 M-sport

Update...

Hi Guys,

Wanna share my storey with all of you...

Had a crackling noise from my B&O dash speaker as most of you... A week ago had downloaded new software from bmw official website... Updates contained multimedia and phone updates... Was was my disappointment when I turn the stereo on after update!!! The base HAS GONE!!! The bmw chipped the software instead dealing with hardware... Now, when put the vol up the base goes up only approximately up to a 75% of the volume and get stuck at that point... Base not that deep and juicy anymore... Tried to adjust EQ to get best from the system but settings applies only for the volume they were adjusted on +/-30%... If we say EQ were adjusted on 50% of volume sound sounds great... as soon as I put the volume down I can only hear the dominating bass... And if I put the volume up I can only hear dominating trebbs... And you know what... trembling noise form the dash speaker gone... along with the base...
Went to the main dealer three times now but they can't solve the problem... The only thing I heard from them is "We didn't know another customers that listening the music on that volume"...
I'm former DJ and that rubbish sound tearing apart my ears...

Is any one came across that problem? And if yes, how did you deal with it???
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #81
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

I'll make a general comment here based on hundreds of cars I've tuned custom high-end systems on, and seeing where people generally keep their EQ settings.

Your low end and midbass EQ settings are way too high. Lower them. If you expect to turn the B&O to 75% without attenuated midbass and low end, and not be far past the point of distortion, you're crazy.
      02-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #82
gtthree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Hi

I have just upgrade the hifi in my F10 to a full Eton sound system and I also have the vibration in the front left door area.
It was a UK base to Eton.

The speaker is not to blame as I've swapped the speakers out and tested a replacement.
I need to spend some time this weekend trying to locate the exact vibration area.

Did any of you guys locate the vibration source and manage to resolve it through padding/tape?

hammadurb - did you resolve your issue around the speaker cover?

gtthree
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #83
ashmailusa
Rep
Drives: F10 535 Xi

Hi everyone. Having the same rattle.
Need some guidance how to remove the top cover.
Any experience with that guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:32 AM   #84
ashmailusa
Rep
Drives: F10 535 Xi

I did the "fix" but the rattle is still around...
I believe that the noise is actually coming from the plastic bevel around the speaker.
Does anyone know how to deal with it?
Appreciate 0