M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #1
felfyre
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Dinan sway bars..

Is it worth it, does it sacrifice a lot of comfort? I am currently using kw v3. I use my car daily, and maybe 4 times a year in the track.

Any other mods to increase grip like strut bar etc?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 m340ix

coming from an f80 zcp into a base M5 (vs competition) the stock sways w/ suspension was far too floaty in a straight line let alone cornering or hooking up power. i went dinan sways set to full stiff up front and full soft in the rear w/ dinan HAS kit. comfort does take a small hit but what you make up for in turn-in and grip performance and looks is completely worth it. i imagine, and others here who have dinan sways paired with kw v3 can confirm, that the comfort and other performance characteristics are "better" with the v3s.

i've said here before and continue to stand by it: dinan sways are the best single mod i've made to this platform.
      07-26-2022, 02:59 PM   #3
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Dinan sways are absolutely worth it, especially if you've got the minimal tools and mechanical inclination required to install them yourself. Car felt so much less boat-like, even when I still had the stock suspension. I never drove the car w/o dinan sways and with the KW V3s, but with both it's a completely different car from stock.

comfort difference is minimal. Main place I notice it is on uneven roads as the car is more apt to "follow" that unevenness. You will have no problem DDing with them.

On track I'd either go med front, full back in order to try and alleviate some of the understeer, or possibly full, full.

There are no aftermarket strut tower braces that I'm aware of, though there are actually already crossbraces connecting the back side of the strut towers to the firewall. Can't see them normally as they're covered by plastic.

Last edited by vafan13; 07-26-2022 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0