M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-24-2023, 05:13 AM   #1
MarcF10
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
Rim protectors-Alloy gators

Hey folks, has anybody fitted any rim protectors on their OEM alloys?

I have banged my alloy against a curb the other day and got sick and tired with this so I would like to do something about it.

Any thoughts? Experiences? Are they worth it?

https://alloygator.com/product/wheel-protectors/
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 02:28 AM   #2
robertyyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cultus

Rim protectors are usually made of durable materials like rubber or plastic and are designed to wrap around the outer edge of the wheel to prevent damage from curbs or other hazards. They can come in various sizes and shapes to fit different wheel sizes and styles.

Some benefits of using rim protectors include protecting your wheels from curb rash, reducing the need for costly repairs or replacement of damaged wheels, and enhancing the appearance of your car.

However, there are also some potential downsides to consider. Rim protectors can be difficult to install, especially if you have limited experience working with automotive accessories. They may also affect the balance of your wheels, leading to vibrations or other handling issues.

Last edited by robertyyy; 03-04-2023 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 2