BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
nencmeister
Private
Rep
Drives: Model X Plaid

Tranny issue? Code U119F

Sorry to be posting two threads in one week, I don't have any other resources and couldn't find anything at all on google.

On top of that I literally had to call my dealer 5x, it's the only one in town (20 miles away) and couldn't even talk to a tech because their workload is insane.

—————

Dropped my car off Sunday night because of a coolant leak, they patched it up, thought it was set and done. Car ran just fine before, but just had a nasty coolant smell burning on the hot engine, besides that ran like a beast. I also did my plugs and coils myself about a month ago, no hitch.

Picked up my car Wed, drove 15-20 miles home, city roads and highway, did not push it what so ever, regular driving, mix of comfort mode (auto) and used shifters in the city D2 default setting.

Was very happy to be reunited. Installed my bm3 tune, took on a small test drive, all good. Thursday morning wake up, drive to work as usual, get on the highway pulled a bit, just fine. Got off the highway, still in my normal comfort mode and shifters in D2, stopped at a red light, while it was shifting down from 6th-3rd, the 3rd-2nd shift felt very clunky. Brushed it off. Middle of the day, went to fill up my gas tank, on the way to the station, from 2-3rd gear happened again, even worse, car reved from 2.5k rpm to almost 4.5k rpm, not sure if it slipped or something else is up.

Fill my tank up, pissed and worried, always have my dongle and laptop in my car, came out with code U119F, can't find anything online.

Took off tune and locked DME in case I need to get it towed and def taking to dealer tomorrow morning, I'm just gonna show up and leave the car there, no use having it here. Drove it back to work, happened again on the way there. Kept the car on for 2 hours just in case it was the battery.

On my way home, gear slip or whatever the hell it was happened again, pulled over and did the throttle reset procedure, brought it home, and scanned with obd fusion, code cleared, says nothings wrong.

Anyways I'm taking my car back in tomorrow , I'm not expecting to have it for another freakin week at least because they are so slow and overworked, prob gonna sit there for two days collecting dust.

Has anyone ever come across this code? I took a screen shot and attached it. And sorry to post so frequently I hate being needy
Attached Images