Quote:
Originally Posted by kushtrim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabs1815 View Post
Did you drive through any big puddles recently or was it raining heavily by you?

This happened to me one in my 2013 M5, one time after hitting a huge puddle that I didn't see. The issue resolved itself over night and I didn't take it in after that...
It happened after a car wash. Didn't hit any pot holes . It happened maybe like 5 min after I got out the car wash
Water definitely got in there and has compromised the connection and or module. It's not had to pull the headlight if bmw can't get you in right away.
BMW trying to charge me $7400 for that . They are telling me the car was hit before and the repairs were not don right and that's why the water got in there. Now they want me to pay for a new head light and all other components for that head light because supposedly they got burned out from the water . I think they are trying to rob me . If that was true wouldn't the light not work at all anymore ?
Wait what!? When did you buy the car and where did you buy if from, bmw?
About 5 month ago, did not buy it from bmw dealer . It's a 2016 with 24K miles on it
Can you see any evidence the car was in an accident? Either way, if the housing is cracked and it allowed water in they are going to blame it on that and try to deny the warranty claim. Did they show you pictures of any damage or what they found?
There is no damage on the head light, he's telling me the light was not put together properly that's why it leaked . Which makes no sense to me. There is no crack on the head light, it just wasn't sealed right, that's what he is saying
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Thanx Sal and he's crew@AutoCoutureMotoring
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #24
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you drive through any big puddles recently or was it raining heavily by you?

This happened to me one in my 2013 M5, one time after hitting a huge puddle that I didn't see. The issue resolved itself over night and I didn't take it in after that...
It happened after a car wash. Didn't hit any pot holes . It happened maybe like 5 min after I got out the car wash
Water definitely got in there and has compromised the connection and or module. It's not had to pull the headlight if bmw can't get you in right away.
BMW trying to charge me $7400 for that . They are telling me the car was hit before and the repairs were not don right and that's why the water got in there. Now they want me to pay for a new head light and all other components for that head light because supposedly they got burned out from the water . I think they are trying to rob me . If that was true wouldn't the light not work at all anymore ?
About 5 month ago, did not buy it from bmw dealer . It's a 2016 with 24K miles on it
Can you see any evidence the car was in an accident? Either way, if the housing is cracked and it allowed water in they are going to blame it on that and try to deny the warranty claim. Did they show you pictures of any damage or what they found?
There is no damage on the head light, he's telling me the light was not put together properly that's why it leaked . Which makes no sense to me. There is no crack on the head light, it just wasn't sealed right, that's what he is saying
You can try swapping modules form one headlight to the other and see if everything works. If it dies you can get a new module, they aren't too expensive.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 05:17 PM   #25
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: AW 528 xdrive (AW 335i coupe s

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can try swapping modules form one headlight to the other and see if everything works. If it dies you can get a new module, they aren't too expensive.
Ok I'll try that thanks , I just pick my car up tomorrow . Thanks again bro.
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #26
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok I'll try that thanks , I just pick my car up tomorrow . Thanks again bro.
Anytime bud good luck! The modules are only about 100 bucks. Hopefully they are the only thing damaged and you can get everything fixed up.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #27
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. IF the car was in an accident that would have involved the front of the car I can't imagine the headlight would have survived in which case they would have to replace the entire housing. I'm calling BS take it to a different dealer.

Just realized your in the bronx. You didn't take it to Brooklyn BMW did you?
2013 F10 M5- Rest in peace
2015 F15 X5 50I
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #28
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. IF the car was in an accident that would have involved the front of the car I can't imagine the headlight would have survived in which case they would have to replace the entire housing. I'm calling BS take it to a different dealer.

Just realized your in the bronx. You didn't take it to Brooklyn BMW did you?
I know this whole thing doesn't make sense .
No , I took it to Bmw of Portchester.
At first he told me the wiring was done wrong and then 3 days later they tell me the lights sealing wasn't done right.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 02:10 AM   #29
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Bring the car to my dealership in the bx I'll tell you exactly what's wrong free of charge.

I had the same issue with sabs car when I had it after car washes it would go away on its own and never happened after a while.

Portchester bmw is portcheater they are garbage hope you didn't deal with ray
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #30
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
Bring the car to my dealership in the bx I'll tell you exactly what's wrong free of charge.

I had the same issue with sabs car when I had it after car washes it would go away on its own and never happened after a while.

Portchester bmw is portcheater they are garbage hope you didn't deal with ray
Thank so much bro but my cousins friend is a bmw mechanic and is going to look at it . The advisors name is Jason worst adviser I have ever dealt with he don't call nether picks up he's phone it took me lke 4 days to get in touch with him.
But I keep you in mind for future maintenance.
If you want to PM me your info that would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
Picked the car up today and guess what the light is working.
This shows how much BS they were telling me , I can't believe they would do stuff like this and lose customers.
Appreciate 0