M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

03-04-2020, 03:43 AM   #1
F10CPROG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition

Not M5 vs. But my i30N vs...

Had a couple of brilliant tear ups at the weekend in my Hyundai i30N... One massively shocked me!

18 plate RRS SVR - into a roundabout and off up a slip road. The i30N had the advantage of being quicker into the roundabout and as i was behind him let me hang back on entry and get on the throttle far earlier, literally sitting on his back bumper up to silly speeds.

69plate X3M Competition (allegedly 500bhp!?) - Just on the motorway, he was sitting on my arse then went to undertake, so i dropped it 6th to 4th he made it past and pulled about 1 car length in front 70-100mph then after that slowly pulled away to about a 6car gap by again, silly speeds.

Both of these cars on paper ruin the i30N, but bearing in mind i'm running est 300bhp and i definitely out drove the Range, it goes to show on the road big figures aren't everything and 0-60times mean bugger all.

Also bear in mind my other car is an F10 M5 CP, which is significantly faster than the N (obviously) except for corner entry and mid corner situations, where the N is much more capable being a 1300kg hot hatch. So i imagine had i been in my M5 i would've murdered both the X3M and the Range.
Appreciate 0