Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #23
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119
That's unfortunate. I went to go drive one yesterday, the interior really hasn't evolved very much. I was a bit disappointed actually...
What model did you drive?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #24
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Gentlemen:
Considering picking up a 2012 Range Rover Autobiography. Last year of the old body style. It is amazing how expensive these things are even after four years. Still trading for roughly 60 percent of original MSRP.
Anyone have an '11 or '12 full size? Have you enjoyed it? Any problems? I think this vehicle is a very nice compliment to any sports oriented car, particularly for those residing in cold climates.

I had a 2011 and sold it a couple of years ago, been missing it ever since. Right after I sold it I planned to buy a used 2012 around 2016/17 timeframe.
Enjoyed my '11 Supercharged (all black) for two years, never a single problem. Solid like a vault, ride smooth as velvet. Felt very comfortable carting toddlers around, no safety tests that I've seen but I have to believe that they are very safe. Dream to own an Autobiography with all that glorious leather. Been looking for a '12 for almost a year and think that I finally found the one. (Would love to share pictures but unable to post them anymore via app or website.)

I'm actually trading in my M5 here within the next week + $35,000 for a Supercharged 2014 RR with 17k miles! It would have been a straight swap for a 2012 but, I like the new look and it comes with the extended warranty, although I never keep my cars more than a year so not like it matters!

Have you looked into any mods for your RR?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #25
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karney5
Quote:
Gentlemen:
Considering picking up a 2012 Range Rover Autobiography. Last year of the old body style. It is amazing how expensive these things are even after four years. Still trading for roughly 60 percent of original MSRP.
Anyone have an '11 or '12 full size? Have you enjoyed it? Any problems? I think this vehicle is a very nice compliment to any sports oriented car, particularly for those residing in cold climates.

I had a 2011 and sold it a couple of years ago, been missing it ever since. Right after I sold it I planned to buy a used 2012 around 2016/17 timeframe.
Enjoyed my '11 Supercharged (all black) for two years, never a single problem. Solid like a vault, ride smooth as velvet. Felt very comfortable carting toddlers around, no safety tests that I've seen but I have to believe that they are very safe. Dream to own an Autobiography with all that glorious leather. Been looking for a '12 for almost a year and think that I finally found the one. (Would love to share pictures but unable to post them anymore via app or website.)

I'm actually trading in my M5 here within the next week + $35,000 for a Supercharged 2014 RR with 17k miles! It would have been a straight swap for a 2012 but, I like the new look and it comes with the extended warranty, although I never keep my cars more than a year so not like it matters!

Have you looked into any mods for your RR?
Nice. Good luck with your new RR. I was close to picking up a '16 TDI after waiting for LR to bring Diesel engine to US for the last six years. I had such a great experience with my '11 SC and still prefer the looks of the old one that I decided to go for the low mileage '12 and wait for my diesel a couple more years (hopefully larger diesel by then).

As far as mods go I will probably just get the deployable side steps for now. LR made some sick wheels for the L322and I've always been obsessed with Style 14s so I will probably swap the wheels at some point. Still don't know how I feel about the ones coming with my Autobiography.
Also, probably put on a roof rack but haven't really thought much more about mods, just still waiting for delivery from Houston dealer should arrive within the next week. (Tried posting pictures of the wheels I was referring to but the wrong pictures posted, arghh!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #26
jbyeatman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B7

Very nice. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #27
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbyeatman
Very nice. Congrats!
Thanks John. Still dealing with auto transport companies... Originally scheduled to be here a few days ago. Just picked up today. Going from TX to CT open carrier $800. Over the past month or two I've learned more about auto transport than I care to know. Haha. This time around Paul (the guy who delivered your car) referred me to a friend in the business who did the route so I didn't have to deal with any brokers.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 06:42 PM   #28
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbyeatman
Very nice. Congrats!
Thanks John. Still dealing with auto transport companies... Originally scheduled to be here a few days ago. Just picked up today. Going from TX to CT open carrier $800. Over the past month or two I've learned more about auto transport than I care to know. Haha. This time around Paul (the guy who delivered your car) referred me to a friend in the business who did the route so I didn't have to deal with any brokers.
That transport cost seems reasonable. I paid $1050 from San Francisco to Long Island, NY when I bought my F10.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #29
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Quote:
What model did you drive?
I drove the RR HSE SC in the normal wheelbase.
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #30
AT LAW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 550xDrive M Sport

I've had three Range Rover Sports as well (2008 HSE / 2012 Supercharged / 2013 Supercharged).

They depreciate like an absolute rock and rightfully so. My 2012 was probably the most reliable, however, every one of them had their issues. (I bought the 2012 and 2013 brand new).

Resale is horrible on them--that is why you can't lease them for even a quasi decent number.

Dealers will ask a lot for a used, low mile model. However, they will sit and sit and sit on the lots. Having a Range Rover out of warranty is going to be expensive from all angles.

In my opinion, if you must have one, beat up on the dealer and walk away several times. And be prepared when it is out of warranty for expensive repairs and very limited resale value.
      01-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #31
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

I've already bought mine and this was one of the three in the running. Great deal, clean, great spec and fairly low mileage.

Shitty pictures but here's the link.
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/18BFF993
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #32
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Delivered yesterday. Such an amazing truck to drive, nothing quite like it, and can't exactly put my finger on why. It's not about cornering or handling (although it handles effortlessly and feels like it turns on a dime). I think it's a combination of a shit load of factors: high seating position, unparalleled visibility, ride quality (for a tank), stupid power on demand and posh cabin that makes it such a joy to drive. To say that it inspires confidence is a gross understatement.

This is a superb 2nd car to the M5 (and nobody can tell me that I'm not doing my part to keep oil companies in business!).

Still can't post pictures, done trying but you can check out some here (skip to 2nd page):

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic35911-15.html
Appreciate 0