Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

M5 Warranty

So I found an m5 that ticked most of the boxes for me. It's not a mega expensive one as I just couldn't afford the extra.

It's a 61 plate with 37k. It had almost every option I was looking for minus the rear sun blind.

I am in need of a good warranty. I've looked at a few with limits of 10k per claim which isn't enough but still cost £140 per month. The BMW warranty is less than that and cover up yo purchase price. Ideally I'd like something less than £100 per month as unlikely as it may be.

If that is impossible, does anybody have any experience with BMW warranties or any other warranties with a high payout per claim?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

On something like an M car,. The manufacturer warranty is the best cover as they require a full history and adherence to the service schedule. You might find that factoring in BMW warranty coverage and cost, an approved used car is actually a better option than a non franchised car. Have you looked at the cars on the approved used site?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 04:13 AM   #3
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I've actually bought the above car. For what I paid I would be able to purchase a bmw warranty and still be saving a few k. I'm one of those people who, although the warranty could be useful, I don't like to pay the money out for it. So you're thinking that bmw warranty would be the best option?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

I agree a warranty is another insurance policy but with an M5, you have to think of what happens if...
Everyone says these cars are relaible, but even so, there are those on here who have reported catastrophic failures. It can happen and so ultimately we insure against having to fork out a huge sum for repairs. I know when I had my 335d I investigated non BMW extended warranties for when the car turned 3 and I was amazed when I began reading the detail and seeing the limitations applied on claims for age, mileage and simply claim limits. BMW was actually cheaper than some and offered the best level of cover.
How are you enjoying the car? I just collected mine on Friday. 1 owner lci car with 14k miles on the clock. Early impressions are that I love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

The car is absolutely fantastic. I knew it was going to be fast but I wasn't prepared for it to be this fast. I had a remapped 535d before it and I thought that was quick, that was nothing compared to the M5. I love it, I'm only a week into ownership but so far so good. Tried MDM traction today and I must say it makes the m5 feel like a different machine again. You can actually put your foot down without the ecu acting like your Mrs.
Appreciate 0