M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

M pipes not hiding anymore

The M exhaust tips are a bit tucked under the bumper so I removed them one by one and started first to gently remove the black paint BMW for some reason spray on the chrome pipe ends with a blade/wire wool and wd40.Why they do that is beyond me.
After giving them a final wipe down I installed all of them back in but around an inch standing proud of being fully home but making sure they were secure.A money less mod and looks far better.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

BMW must have had their eyes closed when they fitted the exhaust to the M5. The tucked in exhaust tips are in my opinion the worst part of the car, they make it look like it's got some cheap custom made back boxes on there. They were the first thing to get changed when I got mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
BMW must have had their eyes closed when they fitted the exhaust to the M5. The tucked in exhaust tips are in my opinion the worst part of the car, they make it look like it's got some cheap custom made back boxes on there. They were the first thing to get changed when I got mine.
I would sack the person responsible for closing them in like that and worse for black painting.Waiting eagerly to see your diffuser and pipes.
Appreciate 0