05-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #45
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyAssassin View Post
It's great that you are happy with that solution and I have used plastidip on many other cars but maybe people are looking for other options. It doesn't seem that insane to think that people would prefer a perfect body color match if it was a viable solution. Especially those who don't have black cars and prefer not to have the additional contrast.
i realize my comments may be abrasive and i am ridiculing somewhat because its deserving IMHO.. it is such a small job and deal all around..but a huuge hassle as one person already said if you do the removal job.
what if you get them painted and you dont care for it or hate it?

i may poke but i aim to make you think

i wouldnt mess with my door handles either just bc theyre crucial, and comfort access-wouldnt want to mess that up fo' sho'!!

if you are the guy that wanted the white, i suggest using plastidip just to test your liking.. it will look good and youll probably keep it just bc why not?.. its done

but if u must go and get them painted after that ... thats cool i guess
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #46
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't seem that insane to think that people would prefer a perfect body color match if it was a viable solution. Especially those who don't have black cars and prefer not to have the additional contrast.
thats true like for say, sakhir orange at first thought.. but then what looks so good on these cars and everyone gets is the black kidneys, black side vents.. blacking out that chrome fits.. getting it orange would be good too..

i agree.. youve changed my mind..

but if you are a dark color, save a hassle just use plastidip and peel it off if you get tired of it or want to trade
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #47
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Did you do them yourself? Was anything special done in terms of prep? Obviously it can be done being IND did it. In fact they'll still do it if you send them your handles, but I live in an apartment with underground parking so I can't just not have door handles. Only thing I could think of would be if I sent in the rear handles, had them done, put those on the front and then sent in the front.
I had it done by a body shop that used alpine white paint and went through the full process of doing it in a booth. Call me crazy if you want, but I didn’t want any variation in the color.

Fyi - rear handles don’t fit the fronts and for the other guy who mentioned comfort access, this is separate form the comfort access system. You can remove the chrome pieces, till they get painted and comfort access will still work.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #48
cdd
Rep
Drives: '16 M5, '18 RRS SCV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
and this being a new thread thats already 2 pages long on this simple, unimportant cosmetic mod is i think the first sign of the direction this forum is going now that there are a lot of cheap m5's on the market getting bought up now
You sound like a dbag. If you’re sick of the plebes buying the type of car you own, then you should probably just stick to the Chiron forums, you big baller. None of us will bother you there.
Appreciate 1
pcohen15379.50
      05-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #49
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd View Post
You sound like a dbag. If you’re sick of the plebes buying the type of car you own, then you should probably just stick to the Chiron forums, you big baller. None of us will bother you there.
7 years of f10 and we finally get a thread on how to paint door handles? lol. am i a dbag or am i just rude for pointing that out. nice usage of sarcasm however im not a baller but aware enough to notice a lot of the real ones have moved on.

hope we can help each other out in the future
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #50
cdd
Rep
Drives: '16 M5, '18 RRS SCV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
7 years of f10 and we finally get a thread on how to paint door handles? lol. am i a dbag or am i just rude for pointing that out. nice usage of sarcasm however im not a baller but aware enough to notice a lot of the real ones have moved on.

hope we can help each other out in the future
In hindsight, I shouldn't even have posted since I really don't want to get into a big debate, but since I did write it, I should at least respond...

There's lots of inconsequential stuff that gets discussed here. The color of one's start button, for example.

To me, it's offputting to suggest that a particular mod is of interest only to those who couldn't afford to buy the car at it's MSRP.

And frankly, I'm surprised that this doesn't get more attention. I think it makes a big difference in the appearance of the car, especially on dark vehicles. Mine is white and I still don't like the chrome on the door handles now that the rest of the trim pieces are black. It stands out (in a bad way) to my eye.

But either way, I didn't mean to start a pissing match.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #51
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd View Post
In hindsight, I shouldn't even have posted since I really don't want to get into a big debate, but since I did write it, I should at least respond...

There's lots of inconsequential stuff that gets discussed here. The color of one's start button, for example.

To me, it's offputting to suggest that a particular mod is of interest only to those who couldn't afford to buy the car at it's MSRP.

And frankly, I'm surprised that this doesn't get more attention. I think it makes a big difference in the appearance of the car, especially on dark vehicles. Mine is white and I still don't like the chrome on the door handles now that the rest of the trim pieces are black. It stands out (in a bad way) to my eye.

But either way, I didn't mean to start a pissing match.
im with you 100% .. the chrome handle accent looks not the best. to me it just stood out and made them look bulky.

my point, although wordy, was simple.. its easy simple and gonna get a lot of wear.. do it the easy way so if somebody scuffs it using it, u can just do it again easily.. and u can reverse it for trade or sell bc mods dont do u any favors on its value in that arena

Last edited by BeachM5nster; 05-18-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 04:54 AM   #52
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

got mine wrapped gloss black.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0