BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #1
koryrykman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 355i M-Sport

Nurburgring anyone?

Has anyone raged at the ring here before?

I'm going to Germany in August for work and would like to take a day trip to the nurburgring to get behind the wheel of something fast and spend all day lapping it. Total bucket list.

Has anyone else done that here? And do you have any suggestions on who to rent from and just how to go about setting the whole thing up?
      02-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koryrykman View Post
Has anyone raged at the ring here before?

I'm going to Germany in August for work and would like to take a day trip to the nurburgring to get behind the wheel of something fast and spend all day lapping it. Total bucket list.

Has anyone else done that here? And do you have any suggestions on who to rent from and just how to go about setting the whole thing up?
I've been on the 'ring once in 2015. Plenty of info out there on how to make sure to have a good experience. I used rentracecar to stay at and rent a car from. There are several other well known places to rent from as well. My best advice is to NOT get a fast car unless you own and race a dedicated race car here in the States. An unfamiliar track (I don't care how much you've "raced" it in video games lol) and the fact that you're just visiting and renting a car, not using your own, is enough risk to warrant some caution. While we were there, there were several big crashes and half of them included rented cars including 2 M3's.... the rental insurance is a big number. Wreck their car and you're out a minimum $10k.

We rented a 228i which was track prepped with cage, brakes, suspension and tires. It was such a rush and fun time even for not having a ton of power.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 1