M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #1
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

comp car owner willing to export some NCD/CAFD?

I'm interested in investigating whether there is a way to code the comp pack settings for MDM mode, the diff, and the steering*. I believe all I need is for someone with e-sys to read all ECUs and the .NCD files should be in the Data\CAF folder. One can then just zip them up and email them to me.

If someone is able to do this and I can figure out what one would need to change, I will of course post here.

I would just try VO coding 7MAA myself and checking the difference, but I don't fully trust it to be 100% accurate.

*comp pack steering obviously involves a different rack, but I'm considering buying a used one if I can find the proper software settings.
      07-01-2021, 06:41 AM   #2
HTXE93
Private
Rep
Drives: F10

I'd be willing to help, but I don't have e-sys. If anyone has one in the Knoxville area, I'm happy to lend my car for reading.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

I am working on putting together a software laptop, so I can take a look at my car. I have a 2013, and noticed i have MDM mode available, so i believe must've been coded in by previous owner.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben356 View Post
I am working on putting together a software laptop, so I can take a look at my car. I have a 2013, and noticed i have MDM mode available, so i believe must've been coded in by previous owner.
thanks, but I don't think you'll be able to get what I need. MDM mode itself isn't a comp pack car exclusive thing, the comp pack just has a (supposedly) tweaked version.

Anyone that's ever used e-sys on a comp pack car (and hasn't deleted the software, etc.) probably already has what i need on their computers w/o doing anything else.

P.S. On a side note, once you e-sys set up, it's easy to do the Euro MDM coding, which is at least less restrictive than the non-comp pack US version. Not sure how it compares to comp pack version.
      07-09-2021, 07:32 AM   #5
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
thanks, but I don't think you'll be able to get what I need. MDM mode itself isn't a comp pack car exclusive thing, the comp pack just has a (supposedly) tweaked version.

Anyone that's ever used e-sys on a comp pack car (and hasn't deleted the software, etc.) probably already has what i need on their computers w/o doing anything else.

P.S. On a side note, once you e-sys set up, it's easy to do the Euro MDM coding, which is at least less restrictive than the non-comp pack US version. Not sure how it compares to comp pack version.
I see. I am still debating on sourcing a laptop and obtaining the software online, or purchasing one pre assembled with all the software. I am still trying to decode how to tell what version of the MDM i have, and what kind of flash my car might currently have.
Appreciate 0