M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #23
sdrawkcaB
Follow the rabbit. 🐇
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Exclamation

For what it's worth, I emailed FABWorx and requested they update their eBay listing to put more of the Cerakote C7600 coated downpipes back up online for sale. They responded today and renewed their listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124813672612

I also edited my prior post above to put a link in there also. Note that I previously mistakenly said the Cerakote paint was C7200 which was then quoted by another member, but it is actually C7600, which I have now corrected in my prior post.
      10-19-2021, 11:08 PM   #24
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M AND F15 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10_M5_Competition View Post
These S63TU's get hot as all hell under the hood which is never good - What are some suggested mods for our cars to keep them running cool and healthy?

Coming from a VR30 Q50 platform, we'd typically set the car up with additional coolant expansion tanks behind the fenders. As well as upgrading the heat exchanger to a larger one that can hold more coolant. Anything like that for S63TU motors? Anything besides Charge air coolers?

use a 90° thermostat swap. works great in my F86 X6M, F12 650i and my friends f06 M6. All n63 and s63 tu and non tu engines use the same part number thermostat you can buy it from ECS tuning. they won't have all of the cars under the compatibility list but trust me it fits all of the v8s n63 and s63 and tu. check out my YouTube channel I have a lot of videos about cooling our engines andn helping them last longer including oil cooler valve swaps. cooler temps will extend engine life, seals and plastic parts and rubber hoses under the hood. it's already a bunch of f90s running the thermostat swap.
https://youtube.com/c/AutoLust
      10-21-2021, 10:22 PM   #25
F10_M5_Competition
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda6 View Post
use a 90° thermostat swap. works great in my F86 X6M, F12 650i and my friends f06 M6. All n63 and s63 tu and non tu engines use the same part number thermostat you can buy it from ECS tuning. they won't have all of the cars under the compatibility list but trust me it fits all of the v8s n63 and s63 and tu. check out my YouTube channel I have a lot of videos about cooling our engines andn helping them last longer including oil cooler valve swaps. cooler temps will extend engine life, seals and plastic parts and rubber hoses under the hood. it's already a bunch of f90s running the thermostat swap.
Thank you!!
      10-22-2021, 12:57 AM   #26
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Great content on the yt channel. I'd been on there a while back but I travel a lot and have a ton of distractions so I lost track of ya. I made sure to hit the subscribe button this time.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 1
Panda6109.00
      10-22-2021, 07:12 AM   #27
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Quote:
Great content on the yt channel. I'd been on there a while back but I travel a lot and have a ton of distractions so I lost track of ya. I made sure to hit the subscribe button this time.
Thank you so much for supporting the channel
      10-22-2021, 07:27 PM   #28
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Any one have an install guide or diagram of the CSF charge cooler? I am looking for some visuals on where the bungs are. I assume everything else is pretty much matched to OEM locations.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #29
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
How does replacing the thermostat interact with the car trying to change the coolant temp target (to 85C) with sport+ throttle? Not sure if it would make it so it's 90C all around or 90C in efficient and sport and still 85C in sport+.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #30
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Quote:
How does replacing the thermostat interact with the car trying to change the coolant temp target (to 85C) with sport+ throttle? Not sure if it would make it so it's 90C all around or 90C in efficient and sport and still 85C in sport+.
it's 90° all around. My X6M doesn't heat soak really at all at the track(drag racing)and the coolant and oil temps stay in the optimum range for the computer not to pull timing so I run consistent times without turning the car off after every run.
      10-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #31
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's 90° all around. My X6M doesn't heat soak really at all at the track(drag racing)and the coolant and oil temps stay in the optimum range for the computer not to pull timing so I run consistent times without turning the car off after every run.
Gotcha. Would help me on regular street driving but technically be hotter on b roads driving or track, given I'm always in sport plus for then. Ofc 90c still isn't that hot.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 03:51 PM   #32
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Quote:
Gotcha. Would help me on regular street driving but technically be hotter on b roads driving or track, given I'm always in sport plus for then. Ofc 90c still isn't that hot.
I think I might have confused you a little. pretty much with the 90° thermostat the car will run the exact temperature as the sport Plus cool down but all the time no matter what mode you're in. so you get sport Plus cooling 24/7 without being in sport Plus and still have the same factory cooling when you are in sport Plus.
      10-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #33
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sport plus is 85C target with stock tstat, so wouldn't one get *almost* sport plus in all three? It's certainly still a huge improvement for efficient and sport.

Last edited by vafan13; 10-24-2021 at 07:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #34
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

just swapped for 90c thermostat, and from my 2 days experience, ITS NOT WORTH IT!
I was running waaaay cooler with oem thermostat in sport plus engine mode, (I believe stock tstat in sport plus is 84c) so temp Coolant temp was 84c Oil 95c, and now with 90c thermostat and sport oil cooler valve coolant 90-91 Oil 100c-103max consistent(outside temp is 100F), so its just a huge waste of money, maybe I'm wrong will test it for a week and swap it back for OEM thermostat
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 03:15 PM   #35
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
https://www.mishimoto.com/performanc...2012-2020.html

been covered in another tread, but this is good upgrade. Replacing the thermostat is good if you run the car at track more often than street driving. You want your temperature in normal driving to stay optimal. BMW runs hotter on ECO mode to help with fuel consumption. Not that a lot of people on M5 forum really care about that but there is a reason for it.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2022, 12:38 AM   #36
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
just swapped for 90c thermostat, and from my 2 days experience, ITS NOT WORTH IT!
I was running waaaay cooler with oem thermostat in sport plus engine mode, (I believe stock tstat in sport plus is 84c) so temp Coolant temp was 84c Oil 95c, and now with 90c thermostat and sport oil cooler valve coolant 90-91 Oil 100c-103max consistent(outside temp is 100F), so its just a huge waste of money, maybe I'm wrong will test it for a week and swap it back for OEM thermostat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
Ok so I have an update for this, the TSTAT 90c I have installed also working as factory one when switching to sport plus mode coolant temp drops down to 85 and some times for short period of time you can see even 79c(same as OEM), lowest ENGINE Oil temp in sport plus is 90c (night run 25c outside no sun, low humidity)
So I would recommend to install either 85c TSTAT and sport oil valve, or if you don't mind to set up your Engine in sport plus mode every time your car is warmed up, don't waste your money thats all.
Personally if I would know this before my experience I would buy 85c TSTAT!! and sport valve cooler, so it will be always 85c coolant and 95c oil (even if I'm not in sport plus engine mode)
Just in case anyone interested for N63 (550i)2011 OEM TSTAT NOT COOLING DOWN ENGINE MORE (like in M Cars) EVEN IF YOU IN SPORT PLUS MODE.
Appreciate 0