M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

07-07-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
yousefrum
Rep
Drives: none

F10 M5 118011 code ???

Anyone know what this is exactly changed injectors spark plugs o2 sensors maf sensors and still none even switched over my HPFP cuz bank 2 looked like it was running richer then bank one determined that from taking out the spark plugs bank 2 was burnt with fuel and still none. Car has stage 2 tune with catless downpipes and a cold air intake. Car acted weird a couple days after intakes anyone think that's the issue ? Did a smoke test no leaks. Engine has a rough idle spark plugs are new and rpms jumping
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Which o2s did you change?

Have you monitored the MAF voltage, o2 voltage, and fuel pressures to see if anything is off?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
yousefrum
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM View Post
Which o2s did you change?
Upstream and downstream both banks
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #4
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep

I would monitor the voltage readings on those sensors and look at the tmap readings.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:30 PM   #5
yousefrum
Rep

Quote:
I would monitor the voltage readings on those sensors and look at the tmap readings.
Quote:
Will check shortly and get back to you but would it be anything other then those ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:50 PM   #6
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefrum View Post
Will check shortly and get back to you but would it be anything other then those ?
Unfortunately, there are so many possibilities. A lot of people tend to run into issues with intakes. Before you go crazy changing parts, i would try and diagnose what the problem is. If everything was left in tact, you could have more easily diagnosed the issue. Always best to plug a good scanner in and start by monitoring all applicable sensors.

Have you tried unplugging the MAFs and seeing if the car smooths out?

How did the plugs look? Did any one cylinder look to be rich or lean? Have you monitored misfires to see if one particular cylinder is causing it?

Do you by chance have meth injection ports in the charge pipes?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #7
yousefrum
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, there are so many possibilities. A lot of people tend to run into issues with intakes. Before you go crazy changing parts, i would try and diagnose what the problem is. If everything was left in tact, you could have more easily diagnosed the issue. Always best to plug a good scanner in and start by monitoring all applicable sensors.

Have you tried unplugging the MAFs and seeing if the car smooths out?

How did the plugs look? Did any one cylinder look to be rich or lean? Have you monitored misfires to see if one particular cylinder is causing it?

Do you by chance have meth injection ports in the charge pipes?
Charge pipes have meth injection ports but aren't leaking bank 2 sparks where burnt way more then bank 1 switch around the HPFP but nothing changed I unplugged maf sensor got a code for that right after
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #8
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Charge pipes have meth injection ports but aren't leaking bank 2 sparks where burnt way more then bank 1 switch around the HPFP but nothing changed I unplugged maf sensor got a code for that right after
Maybe a dumb question, but you calibrated the injectors after install?

When u say burnt, you mean whit/brownish plugs or black?
Appreciate 0