BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
m5q8
Private First Class
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: m5 f10 manual

So i had this issue for along time and no one could solve it....well first i had a custom trunk and water get into the battery place and damaged GHAS.. So i got a new one
Today i did reprogrammed GHAS BY IStA and tried to relearn the unit...its gone for 5 mine then come back as soon as i move my car so i am wondering.. What could cuse this problem[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Last edited by m5q8; 11-11-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

748whp is a massive strain on the stock diff, can't see writing on your screen it's scrambled and unclear maybe increase the size it may make a difference to see what it says.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

From what I can see from that is 'The internal regulated diff lock unit is at fault.Control unit faulty'.So every time you 'reboot' it,it comes up.The custom rear spoiler you fitted and water leaking through it may have compounded the problem elsewhere also in spite of you replacing the GHAS.I presume car still drives but maybe in limp mode?or does it drives normally.
It looks like a trip to BMW to me (though i know you said others tried to fix it) as replacing the GHAS yet again would be counter productive.
Let us know how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
m5q8
Private First Class
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
From what I can see from that is 'The internal regulated diff lock unit is at fault.Control unit faulty'.So every time you 'reboot' it,it comes up.The custom rear spoiler you fitted and water leaking through it may have compounded the problem elsewhere also in spite of you replacing the GHAS.I presume car still drives but maybe in limp mode?or does it drives normally.
It looks like a trip to BMW to me (though i know you said others tried to fix it) as replacing the GHAS yet again would be counter productive.
Let us know how you get on.
It does drive normal but two wheel spin together though i been driving it for year now... Honestly it better now from a dig
      02-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #5
m5q8
Private First Class
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5q8 View Post
So i had this issue for along time and no one could solve it....well first i had a custom trunk and water get into the battery place and damaged GHAS.. So i got a new one
Today i did reprogrammed GHAS BY IStA and tried to relearn the unit...its gone for 5 mine then come back as soon as i move my car so i am wondering.. What could cuse this problem[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Just updatinh for some one who may face it in future... I just installed new ghas and did adaptation by ista... Works perfect no alarm anymore
Mcc420475.00