M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
lthere are rumors that there are witnesses and videos of her out partying with AB
I'v partied with a LOT of people. Never wanted a single one of them to jizz on my back though . . .
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #24
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Sports Illustated's Robert Klemko reports Antonio Brown is facing sexual misconduct allegations from a second accuser stemming from an incident in 2017.

The accuser (whose name Klemko did not reveal on the condition of anonymity) was commissioned to paint a mural at Brown's home when AB spoke to her while allegedly naked except for a hand cloth covering his genitals. Klemko goes on to describe numerous instances where Brown reneged on agreements, inventing sources of conflict to get out of paying chefs, publicists, trainers, valets, personal assistants and even a charity. Aside from stiffing his employees, the article also alleges Brown intentionally passed gas in a doctor's face during a check-up and allowed party guests to freely smoke marijuana in the presence of his children while repeatedly ghosting those he owned money. Overall, Klemko's profile paints the portrait of a deeply disturbed narcissist with chronic anger issues and little regard for other people. Brown is finally back to playing football but the dark cloud of controversy swirling around him continues to grow.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #25
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
lol how do you take me disagreeing that the texts prove he did it as me starting a confrontation...

if you hadnt even seen the texts, why even bring them up?

Follow up from over the weekend, AB turned down a $2mill settlement offer from the girl and now there are rumors that there are witnesses and videos of her out partying with AB
As I mentioned in my previous response, it's what was purported in a few news articles I read. They mentioned them, but didn't publish them. Maybe other stories did, no idea.

I can only devote so much of my day to caring about millionaire crybabies with CTE.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #26
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Well the Patriots paid an awful lot of money to have him on the team for 11 days.

Last edited by OkieSnuffBox; 09-20-2019 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3524.50
      10-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #27
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Well the Patriots paid an awful lot of money to have him on the team for 11 days.
YUP. AB wants to come back and play for us too. It was a stupid move to get rid of him regardless if we have to pay him or not.

You cut the best WR in the league when you have the GOAT passing to him?

I really wanted to see the perfect season w/ the bowl win. Would have been the way to cap of Brady's career as a Patriot as he is very likely gone next year to another team.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #28
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
YUP. AB wants to come back and play for us too. It was a stupid move to get rid of him regardless if we have to pay him or not.

You cut the best WR in the league when you have the GOAT passing to him?

I really wanted to see the perfect season w/ the bowl win. Would have been the way to cap of Brady's career as a Patriot as he is very likely gone next year to another team.
there was a good chance he was gonna end up on the commish exempt list, which then the pats would have to pay him, after he threatened one of his accusers via text message.

Theres a few reasons he hasnt been picked up, and that commish exempt list is the biggest one

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #29
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
there was a good chance he was gonna end up on the commish exempt list, which then the pats would have to pay him, after he threatened one of his accusers via text message.

Theres a few reasons he hasnt been picked up, and that commish exempt list is the biggest one
There was a chance but it still has not happened. If he is smart he will sue the league for inaction on him being on or off the exempt list which is affecting his ability to be hired and play in the league. Their inaction is costing him $$$.

The best WR in the league should have a job. I think a lawyer could make a case.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:03 PM   #30
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
There was a chance but it still has not happened. If he is smart he will sue the league for inaction on him being on or off the exempt list which is affecting his ability to be hired and play in the league. Their inaction is costing him $$$.

The best WR in the league should have a job. I think a lawyer could make a case.
he cant be on the exempt list if he isnt on a team, so that is why he isnt on it.

The league wont clear him until they finish their investigation, which he isnt cooperating with, and until he is signed, he has no obligation to cooperate.

This all falls squarely on ABs shoulders and isnt the league's fault.

Only way he gets signed before the league's investigation concludes, which he is doing everything he can to hinder it, is if he signs a performance based contract. There is a 0% chance he signs a non guaranteed contract that pays him based on performance. No team is going to shell out top dollar for a guy that may or may not be available to play, and has the looming possibility of suspension.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #31
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Let’s hope that no one jumps the gun and signs him. Odds are, Roger will be there to welcome him by placing him on the exempt list. As a result, he will most likely be suspended for 6-10 games if the investigation finds the allegations to be true even though it doesn’t need to be beyond a reasonable doubt.
      10-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #32
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
he cant be on the exempt list if he isnt on a team, so that is why he isnt on it.

The league wont clear him until they finish their investigation, which he isnt cooperating with, and until he is signed, he has no obligation to cooperate.

This all falls squarely on ABs shoulders and isnt the league's fault.

Only way he gets signed before the league's investigation concludes, which he is doing everything he can to hinder it, is if he signs a performance based contract. There is a 0% chance he signs a non guaranteed contract that pays him based on performance. No team is going to shell out top dollar for a guy that may or may not be available to play, and has the looming possibility of suspension.

Bingo
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #33
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Based on my understanding of the general contract language, AB should get paid by the Pats. The standard language on how you get paid your guaranteed money is subjected to player's availability, and whether he's actually incarcerated. I heard in the haste of signing AB, Pats took a chance and gave him the standard contract, and didn't tailor it to his situation.

Obviously there's no obligation to have him on a roster.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3524.50
      11-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #34
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Based on my understanding of the general contract language, AB should get paid by the Pats. The standard language on how you get paid your guaranteed money is subjected to player's availability, and whether he's actually incarcerated. I heard in the haste of signing AB, Pats took a chance and gave him the standard contract, and didn't tailor it to his situation.

Obviously there's no obligation to have him on a roster.
There was this in his contract which allowed his contract to be voided if he "takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, Player’s teammates or the club’s ownership, coaches, management, operations or policies"

Getting accused of another rape and threatening the witness over texts are probably can be classified as an action that undermines the public's respect for the club if they had kept him around.

He also has the standard "Conduct Detrimental to the team" clause in there as well. If they had suspended him 1st, then cut him, like the raiders did, hed have even less of a leg to stand on.

There is also the issue of he did not disclose this 2nd allegation prior to signing the contract, which he was aware of potentially coming to light, which can also void the contract.

Long story short, hes an idiot and wont be getting paid from the raiders or pats.

Appreciate 1
tcphoto3450.00