M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #23
last1left
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Definitely a different game today MJ was the man strong as hell for a basketball player, bird and magic were way before my time but looking at YouTube clips bird could shoot and magic had mad handles.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Goat? Magic or Lebron?
Oh c'mon, you know you want to love 23!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #25
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Being a Texan, you should just be glad the GOAT decided to try baseball for a couple years.
Goat? Magic or Lebron?
Scoring? No contest: LeBron.

Making game interesting and enjoyable to watch? No contest: Magic.
Soul_Glo13161.00
      02-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I'm as critical of the NBA as the next guy, but things have definitely gotten better now compared to a few years ago. I'd say shyt really started going south in '09 when a lot of established talent in the league started retiring, garbage teams like the Magic made the Finals, and LeFlop made the weak move of colluding with other players to form a super team.

It's 2018 now and at least some of the younger talent from a few years ago has matured into good players. Plus, this season has had the most parity in the league we've seen in years. For the first time in forever, there's 3+ realistic teams that could reach the Finals in either conference. Hasn't been that way since like '08.
Appreciate 1
dsad11210.50
      02-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #27
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Scoring? No contest: LeBron.

Making game interesting and enjoyable to watch? No contest: Magic.
You guys are acting like hipsters trying to justify a goat other than Jordan.

Everybody and their mother knows he's the greatest that will ever live. Nobody has revolutionized any sport on or off the court/field/rink the way he has, and this is coming from a Pistons fan.
Appreciate 4
Soul_Glo13161.00
swanson733.00
tigermack466.00
      02-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #28
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
You guys are acting like hipsters trying to justify a goat other than Jordan.

Everybody and their mother knows he's the greatest that will ever live. Nobody has revolutionized any sport on or off the court/field/rink the way he has, and this is coming from a Pistons fan.
Yep. He would have won 8 titles if it were not for baseball and all that crap. Not to mention LeBron has not had to deal with hand checking which makes scoring easier.
Appreciate 2
      02-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #29
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yep. He would have won 8 titles if it were not for baseball and all that crap. Not to mention LeBron has not had to deal with hand checking which makes scoring easier.
Bron Bron has also had easy trips to the Finals every year. Meanwhile, Jordan was defeating all-time great NBA teams stacked with hall of famers (e.g. New York, Indy, Utah, Seattle, Phoenix, Detroit). Save for Detroit, none of those powerhouses could win a well-deserved ring due to the man himself!

Kobe is the closest we've seen to MJ. His sheer tenacity and style of play were very enjoyable.
Appreciate 3
ny325882.00
tigermack466.00
      02-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #30
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Bron Bron has also had easy trips to the Finals every year. Meanwhile, Jordan was defeating all-time great NBA teams stacked with hall of famers (e.g. New York, Indy, Utah, Seattle, Phoenix, Detroit). Save for Detroit, none of those powerhouses could win a well-deserved ring due to the man himself!

Kobe is the closest we've seen to MJ. His sheer tenacity and style of play were very enjoyable.
Kobe? Not a fan of Kobe or MJ. MJ was a great player, but was also getting to many calls. Magic, well magic now. He really revolutionized the game. Playing all positions in the finals? No problem. Doing it well? No problem. And I hated the Lakers back then. They usually killed the Spurs and Rockets. And Lebron? Plays the game the right way. Despite all the hating, he really doesn't get all the calls he should.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #31
hopper512
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

GOAT
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #32
Mjhyslop
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 frozen white e92M3

Garage List
2013 Bmw M3  [0.00]
I guess there's things to like and not like about the current NBA. I myself personally love it because it's by far the most talented it has been. The stars in the NBA have always been great but the 6th-10th guy in the rotation of an NBA to is far better than what magic or Jordan faced or had on their teams. I get why people don't like how rough or rugged the sport is compared to what it used to be. My only displeasure with the nba is how many flagrant fouls they call even when completely unintentional. I agree with the league seeming kind of sucky in the mid to late 2000s where it seemed slow with defensive teams like the spurs and Detroit at the time. To the OP though NFL NBA are softer than they use to be as they have implemented rules for player safety. Athletes have gotten larger and more athletic than they used to be as a whole. Although it's bad ass to look at a clip of a common foul where Kurt Rambis gets tossed to the ground by Kevin McHale this would fuck up a lot of players if they continued to allow that style of play. I think we will continue to see all sports trend towards athletes health and having rules to protect them even at the cost of fans entertainment whether people like it or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #33
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
I'm as critical of the NBA as the next guy, but things have definitely gotten better now compared to a few years ago. I'd say shyt really started going south in '09 when a lot of established talent in the league started retiring, garbage teams like the Magic made the Finals, and LeFlop made the weak move of colluding with other players to form a super team.

It's 2018 now and at least some of the younger talent from a few years ago has matured into good players. Plus, this season has had the most parity in the league we've seen in years. For the first time in forever, there's 3+ realistic teams that could reach the Finals in either conference. Hasn't been that way since like '08.
There aren't teams in the West on golden states level. Houston is playing great, barring injury golden State are clearly the team to beat.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #34
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
There aren't teams in the West on golden states level. Houston is playing great, barring injury golden State are clearly the team to beat.
I disagree. Houston is playing at a higher level currently. (and beat the Warriors)

They are the team to beat in the West. IMO
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #35
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBoost View Post
I disagree. Houston is playing at a higher level currently. (and beat the Warriors)

They are the team to beat in the West. IMO
I don't understand how you can say a team that has never been to the finals is better than the reigning champs going on their 4th straight finals. Regular season means nothing at all. Golden State will be the first to tell you that.
Appreciate 4
Germanauto9652.00
dsad11210.50
tigermack466.00
      04-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #36
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:

I agree this year has been an improvement over the past few. These playoffs have been really good so far, and it seems like we will finally have a non Lebron team coming out of the East.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #37
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

NBA is too soft now, and defense is pretty much non existent. Referees are whistle happy, and call anticipated fouls. The majority of the times, those are not even fouls. Hurts the flow of the game. Way too many cry babies now when they don't get a soft foul called. Just ask yourself, how many hall of famers are there in the NBA over the last several years. Not many​. Now how many were there in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s?
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13161.00
swanson733.00
      05-19-2018, 05:37 AM   #38
Lillian Terry
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lancer 2000

Quote:

I absolutely agree that things in NBA are better compared to years ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #39
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
NBA is too soft now, and defense is pretty much non existent. Referees are whistle happy, and call anticipated fouls. The majority of the times, those are not even fouls. Hurts the flow of the game. Way too many cry babies now when they don't get a soft foul called. Just ask yourself, how many hall of famers are there in the NBA over the last several years. Not many​. Now how many were there in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s?
Some of the worst people alive are the Bronsexuals. It's a gang of <25 yr old trolls and their ringleaders in ESPN who keep trying to prop up Bron Bron and tear Michael down.

They don't know shyt about basketball. Bron gets all the credit when he wins and none of the criticism when they lose. They are already making excuses with this series being 0-2. How many hall of fame players and dynasty teams did Bron battle in his quest to the NBA Finals every year? That's a good way to shut up Bronsexuals.
Appreciate 3
ny325882.00
swanson733.00
      05-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #40
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Some of the worst people alive are the Bronsexuals. It's a gang of <25 yr old trolls and their ringleaders in ESPN who keep trying to prop up Bron Bron and tear Michael down.

They don't know shyt about basketball. Bron gets all the credit when he wins and none of the criticism when they lose. They are already making excuses with this series being 0-2. How many hall of fame players and dynasty teams did Bron battle in his quest to the NBA Finals every year? That's a good way to shut up Bronsexuals.
LeBron had had to face the spurs several times. Loaded with Hall of Famer's.

He is absolutely one of the all-time greats!
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      05-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #41
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Duncan, and Robinson are the only two I could think of. You say they were loaded. Refresh my memory, and did Leflop beat the Spurs in the playoffs. I use to be a big fan of the NBA. However, I lost interest since teams play little, or no defense. The Eastern conference has been a big joke since Leflop been in the league. And my KNICKS SUCK. In my opinion, Players now are better athletes, however, not better basketball players. There’s only about 4 to 6 teams that have a chance to be in the finals out of 30 teams. Leflop started the “ Super Team,” nonsense. Now you have KD on Golden State, CP3 in Houston. Let’s see where Leflop goes next.

Last edited by ny325; 05-19-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      05-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #42
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Duncan, and Robinson are the only two I could think of. You say they were loaded. Refresh my memory, and did Leflop beat the Spurs in the playoffs. I use to be a big fan of the NBA. However, I lost interest since teams play little, or no defense. The Eastern conference has been a big joke since Leflop been in the league. And my KNICKS SUCK. In my opinion, Players now are better athletes, however, not better basketball players. There's only about 4 to 6 teams that have a chance to be in the finals out of 30 teams. Leflop started the " Super Team," nonsense. Now you have KD on Golden State, CP3 in Houston. Let's see where Leflop goes next.
Quote:
Duncan, and Robinson are the only two I could think of. . And my KNICKS SUCK..
I agree, your knicks suck.

Duncan, Robinson, Manu. And the coach, Pop.
And I always love the way Charles Barkley would call manu's name.
Ginobilli! And he says it real fast. Very cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #43
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Is this before liberal women grew beards and went on demonstrations dressed as pussies?

Fucking nailed it. Post of the day.
Appreciate 2
LobB5109.00
ny325882.00
      05-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #44
shadowfax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjhyslop View Post
....I myself personally love it because it's by far the most talented it has been. The stars in the NBA have always been great but the 6th-10th guy in the rotation of an NBA to is far better than what magic or Jordan faced or had on their teams....
I barely watch the NBA lately, but I don't know if I agree with this. It seems like in Magic and jordan's eras the majority of draft picks had 4 years of experience playing in college whereas now it's a lot of 1 year players who may or may not develop.

I do agree with the rest of your post, and some of the points I hadn't thought about before.
Appreciate 0