M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-07-2019, 09:15 PM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The NBA could make him sell his shares in the organization. They can do anything they want. That douchebag was fined a measly 500K and banned for something like a year.

They are omnipotent in their business arrangement just like the NFL. Don't fool yourself.

Cheers-mk
This......
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #24
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

The NBA Brand is obviously bigger than said 'rich team investor guy sitting court side'. As it should be.

Just like that one Utah fan big mouth wimp, who said racially charged BS to Westbrook. That douchebag was banned from any future home games.

Different instance. But it demonstrates how the league will protect its players and brand.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913965.50
      06-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Honestly didn’t think it was that big of a deal. I get it, but the guy barely touched Lowry. This world has become so damn sensitive about everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #26
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Can we all agree that it would be absurd for the NBA to issue a fine if the court side pusher wasn't an investor in a team? I say this because it isn't clear that the fine derives itself from the guy being an investor. Would anyone support a $500k fine to just some person who happed to be sitting court side?

Personally I am just super offended by this action by the NBA. Where does someone go to dispute the fine? Whom is the neutral arbiter in these cases? I'd make the NBA settle this in court. No way in hell I'd give them $500 never mind $500k.

Edit: I wonder if the right move is for the guy to just shut up and let them talk about the fine.... Then just never pay it. I'd bet the NBA wouldn't ever actually take legal action to demand payment. They just need a story in the press displaying that they're taking the guy to the wood shed.
Nobody forced this douchebag to invest in the NBA. It's a private club and you play by their rules or GTFO.

Glenn, if someone came into the club, didn't like what you were spinning and decided to slap you in the face, how would you feel about it? What would you do?

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
minn1913965.50
      06-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #27
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Nobody forced this douchebag to invest in the NBA. It's a private club and you play by their rules or GTFO.

Glenn, if someone came into the club, didn't like what you were spinning and decided to slap you in the face, how would you feel about it? What would you do?
Point taken on the private club. Do we agree it would be insanity for the NBA to fine ANY court side attendee?

As for the DJ scenario, I'm driven to refine the analogy. If for some reason I fell into a guy at the club; and he shoved me away with his hand... I'd probably do no more than give some kind of look. I'm working. I'm not going to get into an altercation. I'm going to try and defuse the situation if I do anything at all.
      06-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #28
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Me personally... I'm glad they made an example of the shit stain.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 03:37 AM   #29
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

lol i dont see how this is shoving... if someone fell on me or someone close to me, i'd probably do the same... is this a joke or something?
      06-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #30
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
lol i dont see how this is shoving... if someone fell on me or someone close to me, i'd probably do the same... is this a joke or something?
He fell 2 full seats away
Plus there was another lady standing there between them and she wasn't even touched by Lowry
It's like I tap a car parked 2 cars away from you and you run over and try to fight me for almost hitting you car
Appreciate 2
jjasonSU194.00
minn1913965.50
      06-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #31
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
$500k joke of due process.
      06-23-2019, 08:51 PM   #32
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

That fan won’t do that on the streets. I’m glad he’s banned for next season. He should then not be allowed to sit court side. Have him sit in the raptors. No pun intended. Big JERK.

Last edited by ny325; 06-24-2019 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #33
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
The hypocrisy is I didn't hear anything about actions taken against the Raptors owner that assaulted a police officer at the last game of the finals.
      06-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #34
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The hypocrisy is I didn't hear anything about actions taken against the Raptors owner that assaulted a police officer at the last game of the finals.
Except that the season worriers ticket holder and oodles of other fans refute the fact
They changed the story from he didn't have credentials, to he wasn't wearing it around his neck to now the deputy didn't accept it
Lame o
Sounds like a sore loser fan to me
Apparently the deputy has a concussion and a jaw injury
Man Masai must be one helluva strong stud
All the cameras and all the fans there filming and NO ONE has posted a video showing Masai doing anything
GTFOH
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #35
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Quote:
Except that the season worriers ticket holder and oodles of other fans refute the fact
They changed the story from he didn't have credentials, to he wasn't wearing it around his neck to now the deputy didn't accept it
Lame o
Sounds like a sore loser fan to me
Apparently the deputy has a concussion and a jaw injury
Man Masai must be one helluva strong stud
All the cameras and all the fans there filming and NO ONE has posted a video showing Masai doing anything
GTFOH
I saw a video where the Raptors owner was about to be arrested except his personal security guard stood in the way. The officer showed restraint, knowing he could identify the person later.

As far as I'm concerned, only hypocrisy prevents the Raptors owner from facing justice.
      06-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #36
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw a video where the Raptors owner was about to be arrested except his personal security guard stood in the way. The officer showed restraint, knowing he could identify the person later.

As far as I'm concerned, only hypocrisy prevents the Raptors owner from facing justice.
apparently there is video of it but they wont release it as they say it will poison the public opinion.....but they sure can release a statement of what is in said video
laughable

lots of eyewitness statements and you honestly believe there isn't ONE person who has video of the incident posted SOMEWHERE in the interwebz
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #37
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:

apparently there is video of it but they wont release it as they say it will poison the public opinion.....but they sure can release a statement of what is in said video
laughable

lots of eyewitness statements and you honestly believe there isn't ONE person who has video of the incident posted SOMEWHERE in the interwebz
A police officer's account is enough. The NBA and all the people acting like the last event was a big deal are hypocrites for not expressing the same outrage.

The real issue is the first incident involved a shove by a white team owner onto a black player. A black team owner assaulting a white police officer just doesn't inspire the same passion by these bigots.
      06-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #38
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A police officer's account is enough. The NBA and all the people acting like the last event was a big deal are hypocrites for not expressing the same outrage.

The real issue is the first incident involved a shove by a white team owner onto a black player. A black team owner assaulting a white police officer just doesn't inspire the same passion by these bigots.
And the police never lie
I'm glad we live in a country where we are presumed innocent
And glad you're not in charge
Since you only need the police officer word instead of evidence to convict the man and are outraged when other people like me simply want proof before we pass judgement

The difference between this and the man who shoved Lowry is EVIDENCE
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #39
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:

And the police never lie
I'm glad we live in a country where we are presumed innocent
And glad you're not in charge
Since you only need the police officer word instead of evidence to convict the man and are outraged when other people like me simply want proof before we pass judgement

The difference between this and the man who shoved Lowry is EVIDENCE
Odd that you're envisioning something more than what happened in the first incident. A half-million dollar fine, plus suspension was doled out without any question or comment.
      06-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #40
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Odd that you're envisioning something more than what happened in the first incident. A half-million dollar fine, plus suspension was doled out without any question or comment.
Well the guy was caught on national TV and the footage was replayed over and over
What he committed was battery
Lowry could have filed charges
Same thing if they were in the streets and someone puts their hands and push you for no good reason
The police get called, they're shown the video and you get arrested
See the difference?
I'm not condoning either situation , I'm simply saying we need to stop and wait for the evidence to show who was in the wrong with the Masai incident
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #41
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

im on the investors side more but its grey area.... and for the nba its simple. tow the line or GTFO. 500k prolly the equivalent of 500 dollars to most people.

i mean this started it all tho.

also no one going to try kyle lowry; unless you can square up with him....the investor thought he could flex and got fined instead of getting knocked the F out. can you imagine how much the guy slept(above video) when Jermaine O'neal came with a running hook.

everyone talk shit about athletes; like making fun of kawhi's laugh. but man if you saw kawhi in person you most likely would giggle and look down.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #42
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Much ado about absolutely nothing. They should have thrown the guy out of the arena for the game, and that's it. The fine and the suspension from attending some future games is ridiculous, it's not like he pulled out a set of nucks and leveled the guy. He barely shoved the guy ffs, people are way too soft.

LoL, big tough NBA player goes whining and crying to the refs because somebody in the stands love tapped him. What a joke.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #43
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:

Who is this black team owner you keep referring to?

Last time I checked Masai Ujiri is the Raptors General Manager
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #44
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Quote:

Last time I checked Masai Ujiri is the Raptors General Manager
I stand corrected. I recall the news calling him a team owner, but that was obviously an error by them and me.

Doesn't change the substantive issue of a disparity of punishment by the NBA; and clear hypocrisy of deafening silence by everyone who was so appalled by the first incident. 👎🏻