M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

07-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up VERY Interesting Read about the "New NBA"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uperstar-whims

This has been a long time coming! Good for the Players!
      07-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Thanks for the link, good read. Next season will be exciting
      07-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Thanks for the link, good read. Next season will be exciting
AGREED!!!

No love for my Mavericks. But I believe they will quietly make some noise. With 2 of the best young players in the league. The NBA is now all about "Dynamic Duos".
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      07-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #4
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
AGREED!!!

No love for my Mavericks. But I believe they will quietly make some noise. With 2 of the best young players in the league. The NBA is now all about "Dynamic Duos".
Definitely looking forward to what our MAVS can do next year TX!
      07-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Thinking the Lakers will be much stronger than anticipated...do not believe the Clippers will beat them. Kahwi benefited from many injuries on the Warriors...he is a great player, but maybe lucky last year?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 12:54 AM   #6
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep
Drives: 530e

Inmates are running the asylum in the NBA now. Much prefer the NHL where you actually have to build a TEAM!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Thinking the Lakers will be much stronger than anticipated...do not believe the Clippers will beat them. Kahwi benefited from many injuries on the Warriors...he is a great player, but maybe lucky last year?
I'm from the bay area
Very happy to see the wheels fall off gsw bandwagon
There are now Laker "fans" wearing their jerseys popping up
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #8
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
It takes luck to win a title.

The Miami "Superteam" won 2 of 4, and without Ray Allen's shot may have gone 1 for 4.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Definitely looking forward to what our MAVS can do next year TX!
Dirk 2.0 and Dirk 3.0 gonna light it up.

People are sleeping on the Mavs, but if what Kawhi did with the raptors, and what Jokic did with the Nuggets shows us anything, its that you dont need an all star team to compete. If the Mavs supporting cast can hold their own, it will be a fun season for sure.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      07-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I wouldnt sleep on the Clippers and I definitely wouldnt expect the world from the lakers.

I see lakers being the 7th or 8th seed and the clippers being a top 3 seed.

Kawhi is a stellar player that can win it all without another superstar (See Toronto) and now that he has Paul George? Look out.

Lakers have an aging and falling apart Lebron, AD and nothing else. We will see if the extended down time for Lebron this last season gives him some new legs and see if he can stay healthy all season.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
I wouldnt sleep on the Clippers and I definitely wouldnt expect the world from the lakers.

Kawhi is a stellar player that can win it all without another superstar (See Toronto) and now that he has Paul George? Look out.

Lakers have an aging and falling apart Lebron, AD and nothing else. We will see if the extended down time for Lebron this last season gives him some new legs and see if he can stay healthy all season.
I would say the safe money is with you, but the Lakers were 4 this year with just LeBron before his injury. AD, the starting shooting guard from Toronto in Danny Green, Boogie Cousins, Kuz and a much better supporting cast who can actually shoot.
The Lakers appear to be better than you might think and if they were to pick up Igodala, second to no team in that division, methinks. It should be a fun season in LA, regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #12
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

And now Westbrook is heading to Houston to team up with Harden.
Should be an interesting year in the West! Let’s GO MAVS!
      07-12-2019, 12:10 AM   #13
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Agreed!!!

Lakers got marginally better with the addition of AD and Green. The Clippers were already a Playoff team and now have the best player in the NBA and another very capable wing player.
Every knowledgeable analyst have them winning the West and possible Finals with Philly and Bucks battling it out.

Houston has now added Westbrook and have to be in the Top 3 West.
Dallas is my sleeper team and have a deep bench too. I see them in Top 5.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 06:57 AM   #14
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Dirk 2.0 and Dirk 3.0 gonna light it up.

People are sleeping on the Mavs, but if what Kawhi did with the raptors, and what Jokic did with the Nuggets shows us anything, its that you dont need an all star team to compete. If the Mavs supporting cast can hold their own, it will be a fun season for sure.
They will win some regular season games, no doubt. But they are still too inexperienced. If they can keep those two together, add some more shooters, in a few more years they will be something to worry about deep in the playoffs.

Kawhi had a sniper in Green, a future superstar in Spicy P, a consummate pro in Gasol, and Lowry and Van Fleet played out of their minds as well. And then there is the whole no KD except for a few minutes in one game, and Klay was on the way to pushing it to Game 7 before his ACL..............so all the "Kawhi is the best player in the game" stuff is a little much at the moment.

Denver getting Jerami Grant from my Thunder will be a huge help to them as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #15
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Maybe the Knicks will win a championship...when the sun rises in the west.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #16
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Why is this a good thing? Players are now making decisions on where to play because of interests outside of basketball. That means smaller markets will suffer dearly and motivation to win goes down, especially after you already won one. It was obvious LeBron didn't go to the Lakers to win, and now Durant and company have followed that same thought process.

I would be fine with this if they were chasing NBA money, rules can be changed. But because they are chasing things outside of the NBA, the league will suffer.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #17
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
I am a lakers fan and I guessing they don't make the playoffs. If they do, they will be in the bottom three.

I think this season is going to be a big injury year for the whole league. Looking at current rosters, I think the Spurs might end up in the finals. They have the most chemistry with the least chance of injury.
Appreciate 0