M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #45
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

IDK if anyone here is a Carolina fan, but this is hilarious:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.co...human-history/
      11-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #46
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Is Crosby still relevant enough to be concerned that he's out 6 weeks?

Injuries are killing the pens this year...ran without our entire 2nd line and 2/3rds of the 3rd line for a month. Now we're down Crosby, Letang, and Horny.
      11-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #47
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Is Crosby still relevant enough to be concerned that he's out 6 weeks?

Injuries are killing the pens this year...ran without our entire 2nd line and 2/3rds of the 3rd line for a month. Now we're down Crosby, Letang, and Horny.
You guys and STL being hit hard by injuries.

But it seems like the Pens are more injured a lot the last couple of years. # of games taking a toll maybe?
      11-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #48
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I'm sure we have a goalie to trade … would be nice to make a deal. Holtby shook off his early season malaise and is playing really well now.
Yeah that game vs the Flyers last week was a true goalie duel. Hart and Holtby were on fire.
      11-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #49
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
The most over rated coach in hockey...ever...has just been terminated. Note that this is the 2nd time Fluery has ended Babckock`s season.

Biggest fear for Leaf fans...nothing changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #50
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The most over rated coach in hockey...ever...has just been terminated. Note that this is the 2nd time Fluery has ended Babckock`s season.

That was surprising. I didn't see it coming - considering the amount of time and money he is owed still.
      11-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #51
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Calgary is next...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #52
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Worst team to start the season (1-7-1)........and now the hottest team in hockey (12-1-1) since then?

Go Stars!

Now if only my Spurs could do the same ........
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2017.50
      11-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #53
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Worst team to start the season (1-7-1)........and now the hottest team in hockey (12-1-1) since then?

Go Stars!

I was in San Antonio on business when the Spurs won the championship in 2013. My hotel was on the Riverwalk (of course), so watching the parade was fun.

More on topic - I honestly don't know what to make of the Stars.... I can't tell if they are actually a strong team, or just a team that's close. (No offense intended... I should watch them more to make a better opinion...)
      11-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #54
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post

Go Stars!

I was in San Antonio on business when the Spurs won the championship in 2013. My hotel was on the Riverwalk (of course), so watching the parade was fun.

More on topic - I honestly don't know what to make of the Stars.... I can't tell if they are actually a strong team, or just a team that's close. (No offense intended... I should watch them more to make a better opinion...)
Who knows if they are strong or not?

Lots of injuries during the past 10 days, players are just coming back. And Benn has been a complete no-show all season.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #55
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The Fluery meme going around about that was pretty hilarious.

Will be interesting to see if Keefe can turn the Leafs around.
      11-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #56
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

With the amount of salary and term remaining, does Babcock take an offer from another team? Might be better to just sit out a year or two and recuperate than coach again so quickly.
      11-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #57
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
With the amount of salary and term remaining, does Babcock take an offer from another team? Might be better to just sit out a year or two and recuperate than coach again so quickly.
With everything going on right now...he may be the next dinosaur going similar ways of Mike Keenan. In not sure anyone wants the added baggage.

And the accuracy of my Calgary statement above...how's that for some foreshadowing What an asshole....
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2017.50
      12-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #58
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

I try to watch as many Caps games as I can.

I am more and more disappointed in the NHL's recaps. It pretty much only shows the goals now. Gone are the big hits, fights, etc. that used to be included. Pretty frustrating, as a 3-2 game can sometimes have a ton of relevant and important plays that aren't included because they weren't goals.
      12-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #59
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With everything going on right now...he may be the next dinosaur going similar ways of Mike Keenan. In not sure anyone wants the added baggage.

And the accuracy of my Calgary statement above...how's that for some foreshadowing What an asshole....
Yeah you called that one.

Also saw that the Devils ditched their coach too. Guess that means Taylor Hall is getting moved at the deadline.
      12-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #60
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Jumbo Joe punching out goalies now!
      12-10-2019, 11:55 PM   #61
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Been feeling rocked all day by the Stars coach getting let go... as a season ticket holder, paying money for games and not knowing why the coach is out and getting no answers feels worse. Stars played well tonight, but man, rough day. Hoping some more answers come to light later this week.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #62
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Been feeling rocked all day by the Stars coach getting let go... as a season ticket holder, paying money for games and not knowing why the coach is out and getting no answers feels worse. Stars played well tonight, but man, rough day. Hoping some more answers come to light later this week.
Yeah, the firing was announced on the heels of Buttman's new conduct policy/statement, but the Stars are saying it's "unrelated." Ok, sure.
      12-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #63
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Tuuka Rask goes crazy after losing an intra-squad scrimmage at practice:

https://twitter.com/jakedebruhsk/sta...for-a-brawl%2F
      12-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #64
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Yeah, the firing was announced on the heels of Buttman's new conduct policy/statement, but the Stars are saying it's "unrelated." Ok, sure.
Yeah its confusing... rumors seems to be pointing to sports betting, something at the team Christmas party that was last week, or a radio interview he did last week. Its really unclear, but that whatever it was happened recently.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #65
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Deboer out in SJ. I guess it is that time of year.
      12-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #66
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Hall to Arizona. Did I read it correctly that NJD get a 1st rounder plus another pick that could be anywhere between 1 and 3 rounds?

With Taylor's luck of getting 1st overall pick.... I would be wary of letting 1st rounders go! ha