M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Antonio Brown lawsuit

Has anyone read the accusation? Don't mess up that iPad !

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/s...-patriots.html

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Complaint saying that there are text messages bragging about the jack...wow. If that's true, and probably is, his goose is cooked.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Our local NYC TV news had an interview with a lawyer, who thought that the case was strange because it was a civil suit and not a criminal case. The accuser apparently never filed a police report! Even more interesting is that the accuser is not going to be free for an interview with the NFL main office for at least a week, because she is getting married this weekend.

As much as I loathe the Patriots and self-centered jerks like AB, at least the NYC media (who despises anything to do with Boston sports) is painting this like an extortion case and not a criminal one.....
      09-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

I believe MEN
I believe WOMEN
I believe Facts and Evidence ✓
Appreciate 3
Run Silent15127.00
scostu1619.50
Germanauto9652.00
      09-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Commissioner needs to put him on the exempt list.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Posted about this in the Football Thread.

Both sides have significant issues in their story, and its something we probably wont ever know what really happened unless there is a bombshell text or recording.

read the stories about this. Read both sides as well.

Her side -
2017 - 1st incident, he whips out his dick and tries to kiss her, which she said she did not want. She stays at his house and continues treatment though.

2017 - 2nd incident, he wacks it onto her back while they are watching a show. This happened after the 1st incident, not the same day as i had seen earlier, but she had continued to provide treatment at his house up to this point on a regular basis.

2018 - 3rd incident, he forcibly rapes her. Some time between the 2nd and 3rd incident they had a falling out. However, in 2018, she starts providing treatment to him again. Again, she continues to go to his house for treatment and this time she says AB rapes her. She says she told her mom, a chef and a friend about it but it does not look like she filed a police report

Now his side

2017 - around the time of the 2nd incident, she came to brown and asked for a 1.6mill investment in her business due to some IRS issues. He refuses and she cuts all ties with him. Before this, they allegedly had a personal, as well as a professional, relationship together.

2018 - she pops back up and offers to come down from philly to Browns house in florida to train him. She comes over, they start up a personal relationship, she continues to train him and posts pics of brown on her social media and asked for things like tickets

2018 - the night of the alleged rape, she meets up with brown and friends at a club and they party all night. she goes home with brown, they have consensual sex.

From there, she allegedly starts asking brown for money and saying if he doesnt pay, she will go public.

we fast forward over a year later and she files a $75k lawsuit in Federal Courts (the minimum amount required for what she wants to do since this took place in different states and both Brown and herself live in different states). This 75k will be ammended to a dollar amount decided at a later date, but the reports are it is a multi million dollar figure. The key thing about this is that in a Civil Lawsuit, you basically only need a 51% chance that this probably happened to get a ruling in your favor. Criminal court, you are supposed to have an almost 100% chance this happened. Since there doesnt look to be any police reports, and only she said, he said evidence now, that is highly unlikely he would be convicted criminally.

The end of the day, its a he said she said thing that will probably settle out of court, but that doesnt mean he assaulted her. It just means he didnt want to go through the BS.

There are also rumors out there that there is a recording of her saying she was going to sue brown and proves it was all made up, but that has not surfaced yet.

It is eerily reminiscent of the Porzingis case last year where a neighbor chick came over to his place, had sex, stayed the night, then claimed rape and tried to extort money out of him. Or the Gareon Conley case that came out during the draft where he actually denied the girl sex after she followed him and his friends back to the hotel, and she claimed rape and tried to get a settlement.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
      09-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Commissioner needs to put him on the exempt list.
no, NFL needs to investigate and then determine punishment, if any.

Putting Brown on the exempt list basically says "we think he did it so we are suspending him with pay, until we can suspend him without pay". It isnt somewhere you put guys while you are trying to determine if its even a story.

Look at what happened to Rueban Foster. Was put on the exempt list and subsequently cut from his team. And then the ex gf admitted in court she made it all up to get back at him for breaking up with her. Foster never received a public apology from the league, never got back any of the money he lost from the league basically indicting him and putting him on the exempt list, and is now stuck with the shitty redskins.

NFL, as well as us, need to stop jumping to conclusions when these stories pop up and assuming they are guilty. Let the process play out, then react to the results

Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      09-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Posted about this in the Football Thread.

Both sides have significant issues in their story, and its something we probably wont ever know what really happened unless there is a bombshell text or recording.

read the stories about this. Read both sides as well.

Her side -
2017 - 1st incident, he whips out his dick and tries to kiss her, which she said she did not want. She stays at his house and continues treatment though.

2017 - 2nd incident, he wacks it onto her back while they are watching a show. This happened after the 1st incident, not the same day as i had seen earlier, but she had continued to provide treatment at his house up to this point on a regular basis.

2018 - 3rd incident, he forcibly rapes her. Some time between the 2nd and 3rd incident they had a falling out. However, in 2018, she starts providing treatment to him again. Again, she continues to go to his house for treatment and this time she says AB rapes her. She says she told her mom, a chef and a friend about it but it does not look like she filed a police report

Now his side

2017 - around the time of the 2nd incident, she came to brown and asked for a 1.6mill investment in her business due to some IRS issues. He refuses and she cuts all ties with him. Before this, they allegedly had a personal, as well as a professional, relationship together.

2018 - she pops back up and offers to come down from philly to Browns house in florida to train him. She comes over, they start up a personal relationship, she continues to train him and posts pics of brown on her social media and asked for things like tickets

2018 - the night of the alleged rape, she meets up with brown and friends at a club and they party all night. she goes home with brown, they have consensual sex.

From there, she allegedly starts asking brown for money and saying if he doesnt pay, she will go public.

we fast forward over a year later and she files a $75k lawsuit in Federal Courts (the minimum amount required for what she wants to do since this took place in different states and both Brown and herself live in different states). This 75k will be ammended to a dollar amount decided at a later date, but the reports are it is a multi million dollar figure. The key thing about this is that in a Civil Lawsuit, you basically only need a 51% chance that this probably happened to get a ruling in your favor. Criminal court, you are supposed to have an almost 100% chance this happened. Since there doesnt look to be any police reports, and only she said, he said evidence now, that is highly unlikely he would be convicted criminally.

The end of the day, its a he said she said thing that will probably settle out of court, but that doesnt mean he assaulted her. It just means he didnt want to go through the BS.

There are also rumors out there that there is a recording of her saying she was going to sue brown and proves it was all made up, but that has not surfaced yet.

It is eerily reminiscent of the Porzingis case last year where a neighbor chick came over to his place, had sex, stayed the night, then claimed rape and tried to extort money out of him. Or the Gareon Conley case that came out during the draft where he actually denied the girl sex after she followed him and his friends back to the hotel, and she claimed rape and tried to get a settlement.
Thanks for the breakdown, it's always interesting with these he said, she said rape claims. Someone is most certainly lying right? I reckon there's some text messages that will lean one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #9
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

The lesson to be learned here is, "Be more selective in where you stick your dick and keep records of EVERYTHING!"
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Leonard View Post
The lesson to be learned here is, "Be more selective in where you stick your dick and keep records of EVERYTHING!"
or
Don't rape people.

Lets see which one is more applicable eh?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
no, NFL needs to investigate and then determine punishment, if any.

Putting Brown on the exempt list basically says "we think he did it so we are suspending him with pay, until we can suspend him without pay". It isnt somewhere you put guys while you are trying to determine if its even a story.

Look at what happened to Rueban Foster. Was put on the exempt list and subsequently cut from his team. And then the ex gf admitted in court she made it all up to get back at him for breaking up with her. Foster never received a public apology from the league, never got back any of the money he lost from the league basically indicting him and putting him on the exempt list, and is now stuck with the shitty redskins.

NFL, as well as us, need to stop jumping to conclusions when these stories pop up and assuming they are guilty. Let the process play out, then react to the results
This should be how NFL handles it, but probably won't.

Remember Elliott got 6 games suspension without any proof and even they dropped the charge in court.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I don't think I've ever wanted to see the petitioner win a lawsuit so badly. Do you think the NFL Network will televise the proceedings?
      09-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #13
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
or
Don't rape people.
That's important too.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 01:31 AM   #14
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I don't understand how the NFL can suspend AB/place him on their "exempt" list when all there exists is an accusation. Let the due process play out.

AB is a shithead as trouble follows him everywhere he goes, but that doesn't necessarily make him guilty. Why is she going to the civil court instead of police? And why did this drop 2 days after he signed with the Pats? Those two facts make me very suspicious.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614808.50
      09-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #15
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

It seems like the text messages she says she has, would be enough for a criminal conviction?

I would think a jury would frown on someone bragging about sexual assault.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #16
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
It seems like the text messages she says she has, would be enough for a criminal conviction?

I would think a jury would frown on someone bragging about sexual assault.
no because there is no admission of guilt on any of them.

point me to the text message that says, "i raped/assaulted you". Ill wait.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #17
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Shouldn't this be in "SPORTS"? IJS

Also... Innocent until proven guilty.

Also... The Patriots just Punked the NFL! (should he continue to play)
      09-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #18
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

No matter the outcome, I can't wait to see how the NFL screws this one up.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #19
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:

In the current poundMeToo movement wahmen are to be believed no matter what
#believeWahmen
Appreciate 1
eluded2941.00
      09-14-2019, 02:34 AM   #20
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

AB is Going to catch over 100 yards against Miami
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #21
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:

Calm down there chief, no one is accusing you of anything.

I haven't seen the text messages and honestly don't care. The news articles I read said she had text messages bragging about what he did. IF THAT IS TRUE, and it wasn't consensual, that would SEEM like enough to at least go to trial.

Man, really looking to start a confrontation over this issue, aren't you?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #22
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Calm down there chief, no one is accusing you of anything.

I haven't seen the text messages and honestly don't care. The news articles I read said she had text messages bragging about what he did. IF THAT IS TRUE, and it wasn't consensual, that would SEEM like enough to at least go to trial.

Man, really looking to start a confrontation over this issue, aren't you?
lol how do you take me disagreeing that the texts prove he did it as me starting a confrontation...

if you hadnt even seen the texts, why even bring them up?

Follow up from over the weekend, AB turned down a $2mill settlement offer from the girl and now there are rumors that there are witnesses and videos of her out partying with AB

Appreciate 0