M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

12-03-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Almost dont want to share this, but.....

I'll just start off by letting you all know that in my opinion a fully detailed and clean car should have tire dressing. Yup, i am of the group who like the tires shiny. Hate if you must.

With that being said, i tested out a product that i had heard about years ago and had never actually tried. It is called "cover All" it is typically behind the counter at auto parts stores ir amazon.

It leaves no residue, once it dries on your tires you wont have black reaidue flung all over your car, it doesnt over spray easily and can basically be applied to anything to add a clean shined appearance. Engine bay plastic, tires, all types of interior, etc... i personally would not use it inside the car, bit for the engine bay and tires it works amazing. Last weeks.

If you like tires shined or shined engine bays, give this stuff a shot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5_Raz514.00
      12-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM View Post
I'll just start off by letting you all know that in my opinion a fully detailed and clean car should have tire dressing. Yup, i am of the group who like the tires shiny. Hate if you must.

With that being said, i tested out a product that i had heard about years ago and had never actually tried. It is called "cover All" it is typically behind the counter at auto parts stores ir amazon.

It leaves no residue, once it dries on your tires you wont have black reaidue flung all over your car, it doesnt over spray easily and can basically be applied to anything to add a clean shined appearance. Engine bay plastic, tires, all types of interior, etc... i personally would not use it inside the car, bit for the engine bay and tires it works amazing. Last weeks.

If you like tires shined or shined engine bays, give this stuff a shot.
How long does it last? I like really shiny tires too. Most seem to last a day or two then dull out significantly.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
How long does it last? I like really shiny tires too. Most seem to last a day or two then dull out significantly.
From what ive heard it lasts a week at least. I will let you know in a couple days.

I used it on the wheel as well and seems to dry all the same. These are stock CP 343s in matte black
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #4
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Another product worth trying is the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel.

If you properly prep/degrease the tire/tyre it will last for several weeks (and even multiple washes).

FWIW I prefer to have a matte/low sheen look to my tyres so usually leave it overnight and then give it a wipe off the following day.
Appreciate 0