M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

07-13-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Satin black 343 wheels won't clean

This is the one part of cleaning my car that I hate is the wheels, no matter what I used I cannot get them fully cleaned they're always somehow dirty, I've used mainly chemical guys which I'm sure that's where my problem is but is there any other recommendations I can get for satin wheels, I also use a decently soft brush to aggitate the dirt, I don't really want to use a super stiff and hard brush I feel like I'll damage the wheel a decent amount.

Any recommendations on what brand I should use?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 12:31 AM   #2
x35250
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5, Monte Carlo Blue

I have had good results with Sonax wheel cleaner. The brake dust and grime on black wheels don't bother me that much though and I don't spend a lot of time cleaning them thoroughly so your expectations may be higher than mine.

It won't really clean the barrel much, but a coat of Sonax and scrubbing with microfiber towels seems to do pretty well.
Appreciate 1
fstm5145.50
      07-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #3
gdavis
Private First Class
Rep

Agree with sonax but meguiars ultimate wheel cleaner is less expensive and does the same thing.

I absolutely despise scrubbing wheels; I spray on, let sit for a few minutes, remove with pressure washer (<1800 psi), spray with foam cannon with remainder of car, rinse off when done, and BAM. You wouldn't know that I didn't scrub the wheels.
1320racer132.00
      07-14-2022, 08:06 PM   #4
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
Agree with sonax but meguiars ultimate wheel cleaner is less expensive and does the same thing.

I absolutely despise scrubbing wheels; I spray on, let sit for a few minutes, remove with pressure washer (<1800 psi), spray with foam cannon with remainder of car, rinse off when done, and BAM. You wouldn't know that I didn't scrub the wheels.
Definitely going to try both and see my results cause chemical guys is complete trash
Appreciate 0