M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-01-2022, 08:15 PM   #45
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i / 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So you got me thinking. Based on a few relatives and friends accidents that I have been asked to consult on as "the car guy they know", over the past 8 years or so, many of the cars have been declared a total loss, when in my estimation the cars were repairable without being economically beyond repairable (i.e. totaled).

Perhaps the insurance industry has found a get-out-of-jail card by just totalling the car rather than fix it and have to screw with a diminished value claim afterwards. Once the insurance company totals the car, the owner either takes the payout, or buys it back and fixes it with some out-of-pocket money thrown in. There is no avenue for a diminished claim.

Just a thought.
Quite possible. To your earlier point, the reporting agencies are valuable resources. With the ease of data exchange, diminished value came to light because of that. Hence laws were written, things evolve. Ideally it becomes standardized just like basic autobody repair that passes through insurance claims. I didn't have a say in how the repair was done, nor what was needed in the repair, nor did I want to. I chose the shop, the shop dealt with the insurance company. The consumer should not be in the negotiating seat in these types of situations.

As we can see, the majority of the posts say just that, it's not worth the effort for XYZ. Add it all up, we are talking billions of dollars worth of concessions by consumers. $500 here, $2000 there. It's insane if you really start to think about it....
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #46
FreddieDB
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post

I saw in my daily emails your post that you took down, it was quite interesting. I was looking forward to replying......

Frankly, you don't know me. I negotiate for a living and have been very successful in sales for the past 35 years. What I do for a living has afforded me the opportunity to buy this car and many other things for myself and others which I am quite grateful for. In my opinion, my negotiatiating skills must be pretty good.

In regards to your last point, I would not. I have integrity and I would compensate fairly, not unfairly. I would never dismiss people, I have amicable, fair discussions. Success for me does not come from taking advantage of people to fill my own pockets. When you are fair, you reap huge rewards. When your under-handed, karma will eventually catch up to you.

I have since retained an attorney from reference on this forum via PM. I did not want to blindly pick one, hence the request of a referral. If you don't like this discussion, why read it?? Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future to avoid caving in to insurance firms under-handed dismissive tactics.....

PS: Not sure where I gave an FU if I politely said I didn't agree with some answers. My reply to your post is below
You’re obviously not that successful if you’re this fussed over 2k. I’m amazed the insurance company offered 4K. You should take that and run rather than spending hours fighting over 2k.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16950.50
      12-01-2022, 10:03 PM   #47
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep

Guys, I’m out….

I sense that because I have this car that is somewhat expensive that I am deemed a bad person by a select few for some reason.

Appreciate the opinions, not personal attacks. Totally uncalled for.

How I am screwing this guy? I got an appraisal which I was told to get by his insurance to that they simply won’t pay…I didn’t write the appraisal I paid for it which I shouldnt had to do. I didn’t write the law on diminished value either… enough bs here with a select few

Last edited by fmzip; 12-01-2022 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      12-02-2022, 10:49 AM   #48
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
I've tried to stay away from your thread, but I'm really trying to help you. By what you just wrote, it should help you understand. The insurance company doesn't want to pay you a diminished value for your car. By the mere fact you are having difficulty with them not paying your appraisal number indicates there are no laws that require them to pay diminished value. If there were laws, you'd have been paid already. It's simply a case of you are coming back for more money after your car has been satisfactorily repaired. Someone somewhere some time ago has put a name on it called "diminished value" so that makes you think it is axiomatic you should get more money.

The insurance company does not want to pay you more money, so they are simply trying to pay you as little as possible, which is why they are negotiating with you and offered you 64% of your fictitious number. It's fictitious because it's made up and you have had no harm done to you because you have no proof your car's value was reduced by the accident since you've not yet sold it.

When a car is damaged, then repaired, the cost is not fictitious. The repair cost is based on the labor to disassemble and reassemble the car with new parts. The labor rate cost is understood and the parts costs are understood. The labor quantity is somewhat debatable, but there are decades of data the insurance industry has that have led them to establish book rates for types of repair. On the other hand diminished value is established by marketplace sales data and an evaluator's interpretation of that data, so it's not based on concrete factual information. That's why trying to recoup additional money because you've "been harmed" by a concept called diminished value is a negotiation between you and the Insurance company.

It's not just me who has tried to explain this to you. Others have told you, you are pissing over $2,000 and it's a waste of time. I didn't say you were a bad person for owning an expensive car, I said you should be able to absorb a $2K hit on a fictitious number and not expect other people to compensate you for your lavish lifestyle. You are too defensive and get offended too easily. You realize you are pissing over a measly 2 grand and now have turned it into a Crusade against the insurance industry. That's the BS part of this discussion.

Take the $4K and move on.
Couldn't have been said better. Kudos to you. OP's attitude towards everyone responding to him hasn't been very good, and he doesn't seem to see that.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh16950.50
      12-02-2022, 01:30 PM   #49
evomike
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 m3

Quote:
I've tried to stay away from your thread, but I'm really trying to help you. By what you just wrote, it should help you understand. The insurance company doesn't want to pay you a diminished value for your car. By the mere fact you are having difficulty with them not paying your appraisal number indicates there are no laws that require them to pay diminished value. If there were laws, you'd have been paid already. It's simply a case of you are coming back for more money after your car has been satisfactorily repaired. Someone somewhere some time ago has put a name on it called "diminished value" so that makes you think it is axiomatic you should get more money.

The insurance company does not want to pay you more money, so they are simply trying to pay you as little as possible, which is why they are negotiating with you and offered you 64% of your fictitious number. It's fictitious because it's made up and you have had no harm done to you because you have no proof your car's value was reduced by the accident since you've not yet sold it.

When a car is damaged, then repaired, the cost is not fictitious. The repair cost is based on the labor to disassemble and reassemble the car with new parts. The labor rate cost is understood and the parts costs are understood. The labor quantity is somewhat debatable, but there are decades of data the insurance industry has that have led them to establish book rates for types of repair. On the other hand diminished value is established by marketplace sales data and an evaluator's interpretation of that data, so it's not based on concrete factual information. That's why trying to recoup additional money because you've "been harmed" by a concept called diminished value is a negotiation between you and the Insurance company.

It's not just me who has tried to explain this to you. Others have told you, you are pissing over $2,000 and it's a waste of time. I didn't say you were a bad person for owning an expensive car, I said you should be able to absorb a $2K hit on a fictitious number and not expect other people to compensate you for your lavish lifestyle. You are too defensive and get offended too easily. You realize you are pissing over a measly 2 grand and now have turned it into a Crusade against the insurance industry. That's the BS part of this discussion.

there are laws in the state to pay but insurance companies give no fucks, depends on states for diminished value but this is a common tactic they take and hope you go away. He was screwed by the appraisal company for them not completely following through with the negotiations, perhaps they offer several levels of their services and that is what happened here. with all that said I 100% support his crusade insurance companies are scum and if they screw everyone out of "a measly" 2k that a fucking ton of money they save, OP needs to take it all up with his original appraisal company like i suggested earlier and ask why they are not fighting on his behalf.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #50
Nonsensical
Rep
Drives: 2020 Porsche Panamera

Quote:
The car was parked in a residential lot without a single car in the lot. It got hit while the guy was backing in "half drunk" while parking his car.

I am miffed by the comments. If you bought your car <90 days ago at $80K and the same cars are selling for that exact same price today with similar mileage give or take a few grand, and you took your car in for trade in and were offered $61K from Carmax and $53K from Carvana, $4K reimbursement seems reasonable?

To reitterate, every counter, every email, every correspondence substianting data to the insurance company has been responded with "no other offers are forthcoming"
I stumbled across this site trying to find some info on this very topic. It doesn't look like many of you read this from start to finish.

The car was hit by a DRUNK & he shouldn't be reimuburshed fully? Because he has a so-called lavish lifestyle & expensive car, WTF really? This isn't totally about money if you read the entire post.

Good luck guy, I hope your attorney gets you exactly what you deserve and it isn't $4,000 from the sounds of it. Please post an update at some point, would love to hear the end result. Insurance companies are pure evil and everything they do should be monitored competely!

DV by state, retained this law firm for this very same issue. It's not ficticous

https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/u...-50-STATES.pdf

New Jersey:

Measure of damages, when auto is damaged, is the difference
between the reasonable market value of auto before and after the
tortious injury and the cost of repair and the depreciated value of
vehicle because of having been in an accident, is the appropriate
measure of damages, so long as total does not exceed the diminution
in market value and does not exceed the pre-accident market value of
the vehicle. Fanfarillo v. E. End Motor Co., 411 A.2d 1167 (N.J. Super.
1980). In Fanfarillo, the value before the theft was $7,900 and after
the theft $5,000, a difference of $2,900. There was also evidence that
the vehicle as repaired was worth only $7,500, so that the jury could
have found total damages to the vehicle of $2,313 ($1,913 for the cost
of repair and $400 depreciated value).

Last edited by Nonsensical; 12-03-2022 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 08:35 AM   #51
Nonsensical
Rep

Quote:
I've read every post in the tread and was in at the beginning of the thread offering my advice based on my DV claim, which basically said "it's a negotiation for additional damages above the vehicle restoration repair". The OP let us know well into the thread that the at-fault driver admitted "he'd been drinking on his boat all day". The driver made a parking error that anyone tired from a day on the water could have made regardless of his blood alcohol level.
Lieutenant General, I am sure if this idiot ran over a kid you'd have some sort of warped pontification on that subject matter as well. It's obvious, your 17,000 posts make you the authority on this forum on most every topic. The OP cordially disagreed with you and it's innterpreted by you that as an FU? Apparanetly everyone must bow to you.

If you did read this thread, the author even agrees with you, yet you continue to battle and deflect. The driver was half drunk and you excuse that behavior to continue on your crusade to be right. , particularly all your reponses! Address your point of "ficticous & lavish" Mr 3 star Lieutenant General Jealousy of other's wealth is oozing from your text

Last edited by Nonsensical; 12-04-2022 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #52
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

This would be answered by looking at his insurance contract. If it's not in the contract...then no.
      12-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #53
Nonsensical
Rep

Quote:
Easy there, Pup. A drunk driver running over a child is not THIS situation.

That doesn't mean shit in this case where the OP wants some additional compensation somewhere between $6.2K to $20K (it's not clear from the various numbers and methods he provided as determining his property loss). He said he was an experienced negotiator, yet anyone who negotiates professionally knows if you want $6,250 as a settlement, then you don't enter negotiations at your lowest acceptable (to you) position; you go in much higher and settle at your minimum (if it gets that low). Me and others pointed out that now going in at $12,000 AFTER he previously offered just $6,250 just because he's pissed the Insurance company offered $4,000 is not a successful negotiation tactic. How that usually ends up, the insurance company considers it a reopening of negotiations (i.e. starting a new negotiation) and they probably will lower their number rather than raise it (that's what I would do if I was the insurance negotiator).

Me and others on the thread tried to explain that to him, me probably more in depth than the others;

The insurance company does not operate under the concept of "uncapped liability", no business does. If the OP has such concerns, then he should buy additional high-value vehicle gap insurance (like he can buy from Haggarty) to cover such a loss. Or he should be wealthy enough that $12K will not be catastrophic to him financially.

And again, tell me where I've "deflected"? LOL.
Exactly here is where you deflect..... He does not want $12K, it's a tactic, you didn't read, nor agreed, so you needed to condem. He explained it, yet you just need to be right, it's as simple as that. You dismiss the point that a drunk hit his car and gloss over every derogatory comment you made toward this individual. You question his negotiating, his wealth, you continue to put your foot in your mouth while you pontificate more and more. You aren't an attorney, you aren't an expert on this topic yet you continue to tout like you are the leader and everyone must follow you.

It's apparent, you're the voice of all-knowing and if people don't agree with you, you railroad them. Congrats, keep that post count growing Lieutenant General
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #54
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
My car got into a minor accident, had $6600 worth of damage and has since been repaired. The car is a 2019 with only 3700 miles on it at the time of the accident. I since hired an appraisal firm and they assessed the diminished value to be $6250 with the car's non-accident value to be at $81K.

The insurance company came back and offered $4000 out of the gate. I realize this will be a back and forth cat and mouse game and was wondering I was wondering if anyone here has had sucess with a diminished value claim with an insurance company? Any thoughts on what I should settle on? I highly doubt I'd get $75K for it now based on how slowly these cars sell. Not planning to sell it but the blemish on the Carfax will certainly be a detterent for most.
Attached Images
Haven't read all the posts...

I filed a DV claim against the insurance company of a driver who hit my 2 month old 2020 Dodge Challenger while it was parked in my assigned space. He hit the car twice on two different nights. (It is a long story.)

Pic is at the end of my post. Don't know how to get pics to show up in the middle of the post.

Had the car repaired to its pre collision condition. Cost paid for by the at fault driver's insurance was $8100.

For a DV claim I talked to a company Auto Appraisals Group on the east coast. To appraise the car for a DV claim it sent out a guy from Tulsa. He arrived on time and took a copy of the title (as I was told he would require) and took lots of pics. Lots of pics.

After a short time -- week? -- I got the report. The guy who viewed the car didn't appraise the car he just collected the info. Someone at the home office came up with the appraisal.

Cost of the appraisal was $400.

Loss of value was judged to be just over $5000. Prior to the accident the car was valued at $39,175.00. After the value was estimated to be: $33,299.00.

Was told to help with my DV claim to take the car to several used car dealers to get an idea of what they thought the car worth.

I took the car to one dealer. I had pics of the damage. The used car lot owner looked at the pics then at the car and said "I don't care. We'll give you $41,000 for the car." The $41,000 number I think I got from pricing the car online and noting it had body/paint work.

Oh oh...

I submitted a DV claim for the estimated DV of $5000 to the insurance company.

The at fault driver's insurance company contacted me and offered me $2500 DV. I took it.

Last May I traded in the car for a new 2022 BMW 230i. I had pics of the damage and a copy of the repair invoice showing all factory parts were used. Use car appraiser was from a nearby dealer not from the BMW dealer. He looked at the pics a bit and I think barely glanced at the repair invoice -- it ran 8 pages -- and handed everything back to me. I said they were copies and his to keep with the car's file but he declined to keep them. He proceeded to look over the car. It was in excellent condition, very well maintained, Oh, had just over 8K miles and about 18 months of warranty left. The car wanted for nothing but a detailing.

Long story short I was granted $45,000 trade in for the Challenger. In Nov. 2020 when I bought the Challenger it cost $50,000. I traded in a 2018 Hellcat with 27.5K miles and 33 months old and got the new Challenger and $3000 check back from the dealer.

The appraisal report offered suggestions to improve one's chances of filing a succesful DV claim. I also found some interesting reading on this subject online.

Like this:

"Diminished Value After
a Car Accident: Will Your
Car Insurance Pay?"

Found it at this site.

Link:

https://www.thebalancemoney.com

I don't have the entire link the portion of the link in the document is incomplete.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      12-04-2022, 08:36 PM   #55
Nonsensical
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Haven't read all the posts...

I filed a DV claim against the insurance company of a driver who hit my 2 month old 2020 Dodge Challenger while it was parked in my assigned space. He hit the car twice on two different nights. (It is a long story.)

Pic is at the end of my post. Don't know how to get pics to show up in the middle of the post.

Had the car repaired to its pre collision condition. Cost paid for by the at fault driver's insurance was $8100.

For a DV claim I talked to a company Auto Appraisals Group on the east coast. To appraise the car for a DV claim it sent out a guy from Tulsa. He arrived on time and took a copy of the title (as I was told he would require) and took lots of pics. Lots of pics.

After a short time -- week? -- I got the report. The guy who viewed the car didn't appraise the car he just collected the info. Someone at the home office came up with the appraisal.

Cost of the appraisal was $400.

Loss of value was judged to be just over $5000. Prior to the accident the car was valued at $39,175.00. After the value was estimated to be: $33,299.00.

Was told to help with my DV claim to take the car to several used car dealers to get an idea of what they thought the car worth.

I took the car to one dealer. I had pics of the damage. The used car lot owner looked at the pics then at the car and said "I don't care. We'll give you $41,000 for the car." The $41,000 number I think I got from pricing the car online and noting it had body/paint work.

Oh oh...

I submitted a DV claim for the estimated DV of $5000 to the insurance company.

The at fault driver's insurance company contacted me and offered me $2500 DV. I took it.

Last May I traded in the car for a new 2022 BMW 230i. I had pics of the damage and a copy of the repair invoice showing all factory parts were used. Use car appraiser was from a nearby dealer not from the BMW dealer. He looked at the pics a bit and I think barely glanced at the repair invoice -- it ran 8 pages -- and handed everything back to me. I said they were copies and his to keep with the car's file but he declined to keep them. He proceeded to look over the car. It was in excellent condition, very well maintained, Oh, had just over 8K miles and about 18 months of warranty left. The car wanted for nothing but a detailing.

Long story short I was granted $45,000 trade in for the Challenger. In Nov. 2020 when I bought the Challenger it cost $50,000. I traded in a 2018 Hellcat with 27.5K miles and 33 months old and got the new Challenger and $3000 check back from the dealer.

The appraisal report offered suggestions to improve one's chances of filing a succesful DV claim. I also found some interesting reading on this subject online.

Like this:

"Diminished Value After
a Car Accident: Will Your
Car Insurance Pay?"

Found it at this site.

Link:

https://www.thebalancemoney.com

I don't have the entire link the portion of the link in the document is incomplete.
Ouch! Glad you made out on the deal. Different story unfolding here. Higher end cars, with any damage history, are viewed like the plague. I just got hit and brother in law is a GM at my local Porsche dealership. I was told, any accident will represent at least a 15% loss on trade in. Reason being, they have to factor that 9 times out of 10, a car with an accident of any sort will be sold at wholesale. He explained that's why you'll see many non-franchised dealerships selling high end cars with bad titles and dinged Carfax reports. If you look through the used car market, he said you'll see that big name dealerships like Porshce, BMW, Benz & Audi do not carry any inventory of cars with accidents on their Carfax report. They may list them for a week or two, but after that they are gone to the auction block.

There's defintely a market for cars with accidents, apparently not the case for people with deeper pockets.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 09:30 PM   #56
Nonsensical
Rep

Quote:
LOL. Why exactly are you getting so frustrated over someone else's problem?

Anyway, the OP negotiated his DV claim and got 64% of what he asked for. It looks like $4,000 is the settlement. The OP didn't like the result.

Have a good evening.
I have a similar scenario, that's why. Did you readmy post??

As expected, you can't comment on anything directed to your rhetoric. Oh, the case is settled now according to you? Did anyone else read that in this thread? Can you post that link as you deflect further.

Takes considerable amount of time for all this R&D and typing you do. Is this your full time gig, or is it being an expert on most every topic?

Here's something that would be extremely useful for you to peruse

https://www.rif.org/
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:44 PM   #57
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
chris7197273.00
aa2033373.50
      12-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #58
Desking101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I got around $20k after my 991.2 911 was involved in an accident with $42k worth of damage (high end bodyshop). The car had a wholesale book value around $93k at the time I believe, so it was a substantial %. I had to fight a little bit with the insurance company, but since the accident was clearly their policyholder's fault (I made him admit fault on video) and accidents greatly diminish the value of 911s, all I had to do was send them over comps and auction values and they came back with a good offer. I also got about $3500 for loss of use since the car was in the shop for almost 6 months. I'm sure they were not pleased with their policyholder since he ran into my car with a $15k Dodge Charger and was dumb enough to admit 100% fault on video, and cost them about $65k on a car that wasn't even totaled.

I did not pay a dime for any third party services. I did this all on my own, although I do have access to a few resources the average person does not

Last edited by Desking101; 12-06-2022 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: corrected book value at the time of claim
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #59
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep

Update, case settled. $7430 net after attorney fees
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2023, 10:13 PM   #60
Nonsensical
Rep

Quote:

Excellent news & good for you! So happy you didn't heed the advice to settle on their $4K BS offer. If you don't mind sharing, what did the attorney run you?

Looks like @[Efthreeoh] came back deleted all his posts right after you posted your victory! You can't delete everything you wrote Lieutenant General, that's the beauty of the internet

LOL. Why exactly are you getting so frustrated over someone else's problem?

Anyway, the OP negotiated his DV claim and got 64% of what he asked for. It looks like $4,000 is the settlement. The OP didn't like the result.

Have a good evening.

The existence of CarFax is no guarantee the car is accident free. .... If you've presented the $6,250 number to the ins. co. then that's the best number you'll get.

I've read every post in the tread and was in at the beginning of the thread offering my advice based on my DV claim, which basically said "it's a negotiation for additional damages above the vehicle restoration repair". The OP let us know well into the thread that the at-fault driver admitted "he'd been drinking on his boat all day". The driver made a parking error that anyone tired from a day on the water could have made regardless of his blood alcohol level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieDB View Post
You’re obviously not that successful if you’re this fussed over 2k. I’m amazed the insurance company offered 4K. You should take that and run rather than spending hours fighting over 2k.

Last edited by Nonsensical; 01-10-2023 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 11:36 PM   #61
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Did you sue the insurance company or the individual? I have same issue except even though I had appraisals and DV reports, Progressive (their insurance) refused any DV. So I am going to take the next step.

Appreciate if you could share some additional info about the processes and lawyer you used to have a successful DV claim. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 10:08 AM   #62
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Did you sue the insurance company or the individual? I have same issue except even though I had appraisals and DV reports, Progressive (their insurance) refused any DV. So I am going to take the next step.

Appreciate if you could share some additional info about the processes and lawyer you used to have a successful DV claim. Thanks
It never got to the point of having to sue, the insurance company settled as soon as the attorney got involved.

I had to hire an attorney in New Jersey since that is where the accident took place. The attorney that has tremendous expertise in the State of CT is Forrest McPadden. They would have taken my case had the accident been in CT:

https://forrestmcpadden.com/?utm_campaign=gmb
Their email is mjf@fm.legal

What type of car/yr/amount of damage took place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Excellent news & good for you! So happy you didn't heed the advice to settle on their $4K BS offer. If you don't mind sharing, what did the attorney run you?

Looks like @[Efthreeoh] came back deleted all his posts right after you posted your victory! You can't delete everything you wrote Lieutenant General, that's the beauty of the internet
[/I]
After all that pontificating?? Camaraderie varies from forum to forum; very disappointing to see the animosity in this thread. Some people just need to be right and enjoy berating others.

In regards to your question on the cost of the attorney, the settlement was for $8750. The cost was minimal since I had already paved the path for them with all the supporting data. The threat of litigation was really all that was needed.

That's my rub in all this. Not everyone can afford an attorney. Consumers comstantly get bullied by insurance companies. Would be nice if there was a standardized process in all this.

How's your case coming along? Thanks for being supportive, I hope you find similar success

Last edited by fmzip; 01-11-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      01-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #63
Desking101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
In regards to your question on the cost of the attorney, the settlement was for $8750. The cost was minimal since I had already paved the path for them with all the supporting data. The threat of litigation was really all that was needed.

That's my rub in all this. Not everyone can afford an attorney. Consumers comstantly get bullied by insurance companies. Would be nice if there was a standardized process in all this.

How's your case coming along? Thanks for being supportive, I hope you find similar success
It is worth it. If I used an attorney I probably would have gotten over $20k, but I just wanted to see if I could get it resolved quicker on my own since I hate dealing with attorneys unless absolutely necessary.
Appreciate 1
fmzip1630.00
      01-15-2023, 05:26 PM   #64
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desking101 View Post
It is worth it. If I used an attorney I probably would have gotten over $20k, but I just wanted to see if I could get it resolved quicker on my own since I hate dealing with attorneys unless absolutely necessary.
Agreed, would have preferred not to use an attorney either. It cost Allstate more by them being so disagreeable. They should have accepted the appraisal of $6250 that I submitted to them in the first place....
Appreciate 0