M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

01-10-2023, 09:45 AM   #1
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Japanese Spec 2002 530i - angel eyes don't illuminate, however inner lights permanent

Hey everyone.

I'm in the process of neatening up my 530i, which is originally from Japan.

The angel-eye daytime lights seem to be coded-out, and instead, when the ignition is on and headlights on "auto", the inner headlights are permanently illuminated.

Manually switching the park lights on, trigger the angel-eyes but the inner headlights remain on.

Frankly, it looks ghastly and I'm wondering if anyone has an easy fix or solution for this, which I assume is specific to Japanese requirements.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
M4_ZMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 i3S, '01 325i

Default E39 in any market never had angel eyes as DRL...they came on as parking lamps or when the headlights are full on, only. People have modded them to be their DRL. Basically you either need to disable DRL period and run with parking lamps on, or find out how others have modded the DRL to be the halos vs. just the inner lamps.

Last edited by M4_ZMT; 01-15-2023 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 10:23 AM   #3
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_ZMT View Post
Default E39 in any market never had angel eyes as DRL...they came on as parking lamps or when the headlights are full on, only. People have modded them to be their DRL. Basically you either need to disable DRL period and run with parking lamps on, or find out how others have modded the DRL to be the halos vs. just the inner lamps.
Fantastic - the forum delivers.

Much appreciate your reply. Technically then, I should find a way to disable the inner lights from running permanently (is that what you meant by "...disable DRL period..."?)
Appreciate 0