M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-24-2023, 06:42 PM   #1
rwp248
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 2001 Chevy 2500 HD

RK Autowerks in Dallas Stay away.....

Enjoy the story ill have more to come. Sorry if posted in the wrong place. I had an admin contact me after my initial Facebook and youtube posts to post the same here. Thank you for your time.

TDLR RKautowerks does my motor swap forgets to install 8/8 injector crush washers car somehow did not catch on fire.

Here is a short video of myself pulling out the injectors on bank 2 on an f13 BMW m6, s63tu.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...c0bemt7wQz5ro0

My experience with RK Autowerks in Arlington has been one of the worse experiences of had in the car world. Raza is why people don't trust shops. Complete fraud. I have emailed, texted, and now I'm done and posting a video of me pulling out the injectors thanks for almost burning me to death. I attempted to contact him for weeks, his employee (mike at the time has left), Roman I know from my post boost logic days.

My invoice full engine swap including 2 year 40k mile warranty and included the purchase of 8 new injectors and 8 crush rings which were never installed. I have the invoice and receipt. Also no where on your website, forms or emails says no labor warranty? Since I figured you might want to run and hide I bought the people who I have had the pleasure of working with and know to run a business right. owner of RK is Raza Khalid.

I have their long email chains for anyone who wants a read.
but this guy has a stick up his ass so spoilers. one of their techs was fired around a Monday in the time frame my car was there.
I have had since then 3 separate fuel leaks, 2 from rail 1 and 1 from rail two.

The total repairs I have incurred have been 5000 where I covered most of the labor and he just needed to pay for parts. I have a suit in process by texas's deceptive business practices court.

I have all this backed up by BMW of Austin and European Automotive ATX with invoices receipts etc. which have videos, pictures, and notes.
Raza Khalid has refused to stand up to his warranty and blatantly lied to me. He will do anything to stay out of the internet shit bucket.
inspection by BMW of austin about the leaks on the 2nd fuel leak

https://api.mykaarma.com/video-walka...mage_and_video

www.rkautowerks.com (lol who doesn't use gsuite)

emails are
Sales@rkautowerks.com
raza@rkautowerks.com
support@rkautowerk.com
use a google voice line feel free to do as you wish. public domain info.
253-271-9386
RK Autowerks
#rkautowerks
Ripoff Report
#ripoff

Last edited by rwp248; 01-25-2023 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2023, 04:28 PM   #2
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp248 View Post
Enjoy the story ill have more to come. Sorry if posted in the wrong place. I had an admin contact me after my initial Facebook and youtube posts to post the same here. Thank you for your time.

TDLR RKautowerks does my motor swap forgets to install 8/8 injector crush washers car somehow did not catch on fire.

Here is a short video of myself pulling out the injectors on bank 2 on an f13 BMW m6, s63tu.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...c0bemt7wQz5ro0

My experience with RK Autowerks in Arlington has been one of the worse experiences of had in the car world. Raza is why people don't trust shops. Complete fraud. I have emailed, texted, and now I'm done and posting a video of me pulling out the injectors thanks for almost burning me to death. I attempted to contact him for weeks, his employee (mike at the time has left), Roman I know from my post boost logic days.

My invoice full engine swap including 2 year 40k mile warranty and included the purchase of 8 new injectors and 8 crush rings which were never installed. I have the invoice and receipt. Also no where on your website, forms or emails says no labor warranty? Since I figured you might want to run and hide I bought the people who I have had the pleasure of working with and know to run a business right. owner of RK is Raza Khalid.

I have their long email chains for anyone who wants a read.
but this guy has a stick up his ass so spoilers. one of their techs was fired around a Monday in the time frame my car was there.
I have had since then 3 separate fuel leaks, 2 from rail 1 and 1 from rail two.

The total repairs I have incurred have been 5000 where I covered most of the labor and he just needed to pay for parts. I have a suit in process by texas's deceptive business practices court.

I have all this backed up by BMW of Austin and European Automotive ATX with invoices receipts etc. which have videos, pictures, and notes.
Raza Khalid has refused to stand up to his warranty and blatantly lied to me. He will do anything to stay out of the internet shit bucket.
inspection by BMW of austin about the leaks on the 2nd fuel leak

https://api.mykaarma.com/video-walka...mage_and_video

www.rkautowerks.com (lol who doesn't use gsuite)

emails are
Sales@rkautowerks.com
raza@rkautowerks.com
support@rkautowerk.com
use a google voice line feel free to do as you wish. public domain info.
253-271-9386
RK Autowerks
#rkautowerks
Ripoff Report
#ripoff
Ryan,

I understand you're upset but you need to share the whole story, I'll fill in the details you left out.

1) Ryan has issues with his car and chooses to take it to his shop for diagnosing/repair. Its found fuel rail has failed.

1.5) Ryan was offered to send the car back to us, he declined. A $250 tow each way which we would have covered. We at no point denied it was our fault the couplers were not on there.

2) Ryans shop of choice was paid to diagnose the issue and did not do it. They simply replaced broken parts and called it a day. Any decent shop who finds that a decoupler is missing on cylinder 1/2 would logically check cyl 3/4 as well; a few min to poke around on the other cyl too just for good measure. They knew the engine was new, and injectors were new. But they did no such thing. I'm not going to be responsible for that because I'm not doing the work now, you took it to your shop, not send it back to us.

2.5) Ryan makes the decision to replace the fuel rail with a brand new one from bmw because he does not want anything used on his car. That part is a lifetime part, it should never fail. We would have sent you a part, we were responsible for getting you another fuel rail, that is $150, not $600. This is not a part that wears out over time, it is once again a lifetime part. You made the decision you wanted to change injectors, those are not one time use as you portray them to be. You needed new teflon seals on them and it would operate good as new. You made the decision to spend $960 instead of $175 to get your car back on the road. The coils were replaced as well, $20 a coil. You drove the bill up to almost $1000 in parts instead of $200. I'm not going to be responsible for expenses incurred outside of standard industry policy.

3) We sent ryan $800 out of goodwill. The parts should have been $200 and labor another 2 hours. We sent you enough to cover 5 hours of labor. ALLDATA has fuel an injector swap quoted at 2 hours. Your shop billed you at $120 an hour for 4.5 hours, double the time you should have been billed. You will need to take that up with them.

4) Same bank fails again, this time you take your car to the dealership and they actually diagnose the issue and find cyl 3/4 are missing. You get denied your warranty claim because the part failing was installer error. A part installed by your shop now. The dealership did what your mechanic did not do the first time, diagnose the issue. You chose to do this your way and after the first pay-out, you're on your own now. Any expenses you incur after this is on you, you need to go talk to your shop now.

Your comments regarding us not disclosing that we do not cover labor is also false. This was outlined in your DocuSign and on our website, public information. If you will take a moment to read it, it stats that warranty does not cover labor under any circumstances. This is public information, last revision was in 2015. I have almost always helped customers out of goodwill. As we did with you, $500 was to be allocated for 4 hours of labor necessary. Double the book time.

https://www.rkautowerks.com/index.ph...t-us/warranty/

Quote:
6. The RK Limited Warranty does not cover any of the following:

Any loss, damage or expense caused by failure of a non-RK Product
Any loss, damage or expense caused by improper or poor installation
Any loss, damage or expense caused by misuse or abuse
Any loss, damage or expense caused by Acts of God
Any loss, damage or expense caused by track usage
Any loss, damage or expense caused by failure to provide adequate maintenance
Any consequential, incidental or other special damages
Normal wear and tear
Costs of packaging or shipping

17. Under no conditions does the RK Limited Warranty cover installation expenses, vehicle rental expenses, or loss of income
These are the teflon seals you were suppose to replace on your brand new injectors. You elected to not go this route, which literally any shop in America would do when removing an injector. You insisted they were one time use and bought brand new injectors again.

Teflon seals to re-install injectors. $2 each
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-13537591006

This is the fuel rail you needed, it costs $125. You can get both for $200. You made the decision to purchase them brand new when these would live the rest of their life just fine.

Fuel rail one bank $125
https://www.ebay.com/itm/29538683720...Bk9SR9Lik5q9YQ

many other fuel rail options readily available.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+rail&_sacat=0

coils $20 each
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-12131712219x8

This is what we were responsible for covering under the terms and conditions you have signed off to.

1 fuel rail $125
8 decoupler $80 total
8 Teflon seals $16 total
2 damaged coil pack $40 total

Total: $261 MSRP that anyone can buy them for. These items we keep on shelf and we could have had them next day for you. Another option you elected not to go with. You wanted to get parts yourself.

That is a total of $260, you've been paid out $800. Your shop turned a simple injector decoupler install into a $5000 fiasco because of their laziness.

This combined with how rude you've been on the phone, which you admitted to yourself. Is why I restricted all your communication to a documented form, via email. Coupled with harassing an employee of mine who does not work for me anymore. Not to mention you've also threatened litigation. So if you'd like a direct line to my lawyer, I can send that your way, I won't stray from that for a second. You'll have a hard time building a case strictly based on the DocuSign you signed and the paper-trail from us showing we did our part.

With that said, this is why there will not be any further communication with you moving forward.

Thanks
-R
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2023, 05:28 PM   #3
amr_e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi 6mt

Well I can say for sure if all is true thag RK did there part as I manage a shop here in MA and have dealt with these types of issues , I can only say just learn from your mistakes the car industry is tough and from a shops standpoint it’s very hard to keep every customer 100% satisfied as they think problems shouldn’t accrue with there vehicle . RK has been proven and have built numerous engines for people around the world . If a technician of mine has made a mistake i immediately want to resolve the issue and find out what’s happening and if we find out it was our mistake it’ll be taken care of on our expense without a question, but if the vehicle has other issues outside of what was originally done then the customer needs to pay for diagnosis time as there is other issues we need to look for , if you bring your car to another shop after I repair it and they come up with things needing to be replaced that’s not fair to RK as they ( the other shop ) don’t no the story of the vehicle . All in all I think RK tried to help you out and also refunded some cash to cover some expenses but it’s true if whoever say that cyl misfiring after knowing what was replaced on the car they should have ran a test plan to see what’s happening and started back tracking the work that RK did . It would have saved you a headache of a ride and also writing this post . Good luck

PG intakes
Evolve tune
Switzer exhaust
Fabworx pipes
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 02:22 PM   #4
rwp248
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@RKautowerks View Post
Ryan,

I understand you're upset but you need to share the whole story, I'll fill in the details you left out.

1) Ryan has issues with his car and chooses to take it to his shop for diagnosing/repair. Its found fuel rail has failed.

1.5) Ryan was offered to send the car back to us, he declined. A $250 tow each way which we would have covered. We at no point denied it was our fault the couplers were not on there.

2) Ryans shop of choice was paid to diagnose the issue and did not do it. They simply replaced broken parts and called it a day. Any decent shop who finds that a decoupler is missing on cylinder 1/2 would logically check cyl 3/4 as well; a few min to poke around on the other cyl too just for good measure. They knew the engine was new, and injectors were new. But they did no such thing. I'm not going to be responsible for that because I'm not doing the work now, you took it to your shop, not send it back to us.

2.5) Ryan makes the decision to replace the fuel rail with a brand new one from bmw because he does not want anything used on his car. That part is a lifetime part, it should never fail. We would have sent you a part, we were responsible for getting you another fuel rail, that is $150, not $600. This is not a part that wears out over time, it is once again a lifetime part. You made the decision you wanted to change injectors, those are not one time use as you portray them to be. You needed new teflon seals on them and it would operate good as new. You made the decision to spend $960 instead of $175 to get your car back on the road. The coils were replaced as well, $20 a coil. You drove the bill up to almost $1000 in parts instead of $200. I'm not going to be responsible for expenses incurred outside of standard industry policy.

3) We sent ryan $800 out of goodwill. The parts should have been $200 and labor another 2 hours. We sent you enough to cover 5 hours of labor. ALLDATA has fuel an injector swap quoted at 2 hours. Your shop billed you at $120 an hour for 4.5 hours, double the time you should have been billed. You will need to take that up with them.

4) Same bank fails again, this time you take your car to the dealership and they actually diagnose the issue and find cyl 3/4 are missing. You get denied your warranty claim because the part failing was installer error. A part installed by your shop now. The dealership did what your mechanic did not do the first time, diagnose the issue. You chose to do this your way and after the first pay-out, you're on your own now. Any expenses you incur after this is on you, you need to go talk to your shop now.

Your comments regarding us not disclosing that we do not cover labor is also false. This was outlined in your DocuSign and on our website, public information. If you will take a moment to read it, it stats that warranty does not cover labor under any circumstances. This is public information, last revision was in 2015. I have almost always helped customers out of goodwill. As we did with you, $500 was to be allocated for 4 hours of labor necessary. Double the book time.

https://www.rkautowerks.com/index.ph...t-us/warranty/

These are the teflon seals you were suppose to replace on your brand new injectors. You elected to not go this route, which literally any shop in America would do when removing an injector. You insisted they were one time use and bought brand new injectors again.

Teflon seals to re-install injectors. $2 each
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-13537591006

This is the fuel rail you needed, it costs $125. You can get both for $200. You made the decision to purchase them brand new when these would live the rest of their life just fine.

Fuel rail one bank $125
https://www.ebay.com/itm/29538683720...Bk9SR9Lik5q9YQ

many other fuel rail options readily available.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+rail&_sacat=0

coils $20 each
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-12131712219x8

This is what we were responsible for covering under the terms and conditions you have signed off to.

1 fuel rail $125
8 decoupler $80 total
8 Teflon seals $16 total
2 damaged coil pack $40 total

Total: $261 MSRP that anyone can buy them for. These items we keep on shelf and we could have had them next day for you. Another option you elected not to go with. You wanted to get parts yourself.

That is a total of $260, you've been paid out $800. Your shop turned a simple injector decoupler install into a $5000 fiasco because of their laziness.

This combined with how rude you've been on the phone, which you admitted to yourself. Is why I restricted all your communication to a documented form, via email. Coupled with harassing an employee of mine who does not work for me anymore. Not to mention you've also threatened litigation. So if you'd like a direct line to my lawyer, I can send that your way, I won't stray from that for a second. You'll have a hard time building a case strictly based on the DocuSign you signed and the paper trail from us showing we did our part.

With that said, this is why there will not be any further communication with you moving forward.

Thanks
-R

1) you never offered to me once to take the car back I only spoke with mike you refused to ever call me even back in November when the first leak happened to stop lying. attached are my text with mike whom you seem to like to get to do your dirty work or roman. you had many opportunities to talk with me Raza but i never spoke to you ever.

2. I take the car to the shop closest that i trust European Automotive ATX, and they diagnose the car per instructions from you shop saying maybe a bad part, those texts are attached too.

2.5) are you suggesting use non OEM parts or ebay worn parts on my car where i purchased material to fix your fuck up? Sounds like your pading your margins and asking for more failure.

cost of an m6 fuel rail right now on FCP 580 I'm not going to risk my car or myself by using parts not meant for the car.

3) the Teflon seals are at the tip top of the injector and the crush rings sit on the body of the injector. completely different part and shows your ignorance.

4. Show me these DocuSign cause i have them too.

5. I never once spoke to you raza how would you judge my state of mind besides through a employee like mike or roman.

Raza you are trying to paint yourself as the victim and lying to even more people. If you have all the paper work then were is it, where is the paper work for the zelle, i have it on my bank account.

You screwed the pooch someone who knows what their doing is calling you out and now your msging my friends going crazy on FB messenger. perhaps it was just better to listen to the customer then outright argue from the start as you never spoke to me, and roman was your proxie and i did what mike from your shop recommended i do to fix my car.

This is on your shop your reputation and the fact that you'd rather use used parts (probably not telling customers) is also deceptive business practices.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 04:32 PM   #5
rwp248
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr_e90 View Post
Well I can say for sure if all is true thag RK did there part as I manage a shop here in MA and have dealt with these types of issues , I can only say just learn from your mistakes the car industry is tough and from a shops standpoint it’s very hard to keep every customer 100% satisfied as they think problems shouldn’t accrue with there vehicle . RK has been proven and have built numerous engines for people around the world . If a technician of mine has made a mistake i immediately want to resolve the issue and find out what’s happening and if we find out it was our mistake it’ll be taken care of on our expense without a question, but if the vehicle has other issues outside of what was originally done then the customer needs to pay for diagnosis time as there is other issues we need to look for , if you bring your car to another shop after I repair it and they come up with things needing to be replaced that’s not fair to RK as they ( the other shop ) don’t no the story of the vehicle . All in all I think RK tried to help you out and also refunded some cash to cover some expenses but it’s true if whoever say that cyl misfiring after knowing what was replaced on the car they should have ran a test plan to see what’s happening and started back tracking the work that RK did . It would have saved you a headache of a ride and also writing this post . Good luck
Raza could have elected to have the car shipped to him if he ever communicated. I called for weeks, Sent emails for weeks.

The common denominator is this, the car was sent to RK for the swap, Bank 1 leaks 2 times because no crush washers, and is replaced.

Bank 2 immediately starts leaking, the bank that NO shop has touched since receiving the car back, and i find 4/4 no crush washers installed.

Raza has done absolutely nothing and the "zelle" he sent me never even made it close to whole. and it was 700 not 800 cause mike sent it not raza.

As the car leaked the 2nd time he had his opportunity then to ask again for the car to be shipped to Dallas.

He has had multiple chances to reach out to me but instead, i get 1 email from him basically rejecting everything without investigation, well now the court will decide.

The bottom line, is he won't honor his word, warranty or reputation as he just keeps pointing to me instead of doing an internal look at what happened during the time my car was a the shop.

So his own admittance he said the Teflon rings on the injectors were fine but that's not the issue, its the 8/8 crush washers that are.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 12:32 PM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Thought I'd dive in and say in my book that letting a car go with re-used or no crush washers on new injectors is unforgivable, there's no two ways about it. If the new crush washers needed were extra outside the warranty? then surely it's a no brainer to add them on.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #7
rwp248
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Thought I'd dive in and say in my book that letting a car go with re-used or no crush washers on new injectors is unforgivable, there's no two ways about it. If the new crush washers needed were extra outside the warranty? then surely it's a no brainer to add them on.
what this man said

the scope of your job was not met. Trying to wave warranty and timelines and false messages (still waiting for the message you sent me to say send it back)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 12:09 PM   #8
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp248 View Post
what this man said

the scope of your job was not met. Trying to wave warranty and timelines and false messages (still waiting for the message you sent me to say send it back)
Whatever happened. Did they fix it ?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 09:17 PM   #9
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Sorry to hear about the trouble and hope the car is doing well.

I am not here to answer for the issue or do damage control for this matter but I've only had great/positive experiences with Mike and Raza. I've been under my car on the shop floor trying to find/figure something out and event though my car hasn't been into their shop in 3 years they have always took the time to help me out.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 08:48 AM   #10
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I work at a luxury dealer. This is classic case of one shop made a mistake, and instead of letting that shop rectify that issue, you take it to a different shop and that's where the can of worms begin.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2023, 10:56 PM   #11
rwp248
Rep

The facts are the same.

RAZA NEVER OFFERED TO TAKE MY CAR BACK.

If he had I'm sure he would have posted texts or emails with our communications. How could I let him fix it when he wouldn't even answer the calls or communicate.

Not counting the parts taken off my car Hennessy style.

I paid and shipped 8 new injector and 8 new crush washers. What was installed in the motor did not match the serial numbers on the injectors I purchased.

The crush ring and him not even trying to work it out with a customer should tell you all you need to know.

Yall are welcome to come to his defense, bottom line is he's a liar and a fraud.

After this too his lawyer sent me a email seice and decist threatening me which then ended in a this is no way binding.

The lawyer out of NY and no standing in Texas bar.

When a shop fucks your car up and then they tell you to get a quote to see what needed thats what I did, it was what I was asked. He could have offered to take the car back then to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 11:01 PM   #12
rwp248
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE_slow_m5 View Post
Whatever happened. Did they fix it ?
No tried to threaten me with his lawyer in an email than said this isn't binding or real.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 11:15 PM   #13
serhat06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Huracan

Garage List
2015 Huracan  [0.00]
1991 325is  [0.00]
There will be alot more documented on this link soon.
https://www.facebook.com/share/twyQ8...ibextid=K35XfP
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 02:19 AM   #14
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhat06 View Post
There will be alot more documented on this link soon.
https://www.facebook.com/share/twyQ8F6724igMdpn/?mibextid=K35XfP
This link is dead or some of us don’t have access
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 10:12 PM   #15
rwp248
Rep

The Facebook group is managed not by me.

More goodies of how bad a dumpster fire rk is are up.

My point about his response how I drove up the repair bill using oem bmw parts instead of ebay 2nd hand at best parts should give any reasonable person pause to do business with them.
Appreciate 0