bmwdinan5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dinan5

Purchase and Extended Warranty

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi,

I'm a long time BMW enthusiast, but I've never owned an M. I've always had upper end 5'ers which I've tuned using Dinan's products; 550i (e60), 540i(e39 & e34) etc. I'm looking to close the deal on a 2014 M5 which has the options I'm looking for (completion, exec, lighting package, etc). The mileage is @ 25k and there is a year and half remaining on the factory warranty. I was surprised to find out the dealership could not CPO the vehicle because the previous owner was late on the 1200 mile service. The owner did not bring the vehicle in till 4500. I had my local dealer pull the service records and all subsequent services were all routine; tire, oil and cabin filter change, spark plug verification, etc.

I spoke with BMW NA and they will not budge on allowing me to purchase the CPO or factory extended warranty due to the late initial service. I qualify for third party services all day. (FYI - BMW has no problem honoring the factory warranty)

Certainly I will use this as a bargaining tool

1.) how concerned would you be that due to the late 1200 mile servicing I've compromised the integrity of the vehicle?
2.) Would you recommend I purchase an extended warranty now or wait till i get closer to 50k/4yrs?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdinan5 View Post
Hi,

I'm a long time BMW enthusiast, but I've never owned an M. I've always had upper end 5'ers which I've tuned using Dinan's products; 550i (e60), 540i(e39 & e34) etc. I'm looking to close the deal on a 2014 M5 which has the options I'm looking for (completion, exec, lighting package, etc). The mileage is @ 25k and there is a year and half remaining on the factory warranty. I was surprised to find out the dealership could not CPO the vehicle because the previous owner was late on the 1200 mile service. The owner did not bring the vehicle in till 4500. I had my local dealer pull the service records and all subsequent services were all routine; tire, oil and cabin filter change, spark plug verification, etc.

I spoke with BMW NA and they will not budge on allowing me to purchase the CPO or factory extended warranty due to the late initial service. I qualify for third party services all day. (FYI - BMW has no problem honoring the factory warranty)

Certainly I will use this as a bargaining tool

1.) how concerned would you be that due to the late 1200 mile servicing I've compromised the integrity of the vehicle?
2.) Would you recommend I purchase an extended warranty now or wait till i get closer to 50k/4yrs?

Thanks in advance
The car has 25000 miles you say, that basically negates your concern. Even if it was within 4500 miles, I would not be concerned about it.

It still has a warranty, wait till you are about to reach 50/4 years. No big difference, you are covered anyway.

Buy it if it has the options you want.
09 Ferrari SCUDERIA Rosso Corsa
23CayenneGTSCoupe
Appreciate 0