M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Let the search begin....

Hey all - longtime member over on M3post, looking to sell me garage queen e90M3 (assuming I have the guts to sell such a magnificent vehicle) and replace it, and my DD 2014 Prius (yes, go ahead and lol but the thing is invincible AND invisible) w/ a 2014/15 F10 M5 CP. Couple of questions and I'd like to get everyone's thoughts.

Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
__________________

Last edited by 94jedi; 12-19-2018 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
crazyhorse02
Private
24
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

I have a ‘13 that I would be willing to part with if the the price is right. 49,xxx miles. Very well kept. Also, already has a transferable extended warranty through march of 2022 or 100k miles. Dm me if interested
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

You should get this one. This one has all the mods as wel, axle, driveshaft, steering wheel, downpipes, and etc.

https://www.platinumautohaus.com/201...ge-c-12994.htm
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
You should get this one. This one has all the mods as wel, axle, driveshaft, steering wheel, downpipes, and etc.

https://www.platinumautohaus.com/201...ge-c-12994.htm
Beautiful but out of my budget unfortunately.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

FYI for potential sellers, I will consider 13's as well but my preference is a 14 CP.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Beautiful but out of my budget unfortunately.
What’s your budget? Let me see if I can help you out
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #7
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Beautiful but out of my budget unfortunately.
What’s your budget? Let me see if I can help you out
@WickedBMW, budget is 35-40k depending on the car. Thanks!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #8
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
@WickedBMW, budget is 35-40k depending on the car. Thanks!
This car is without CP, but to be honest 15 HPs is not that noticeable. Get your self a OFT tune and that will make a difference. Another school of thought is the more bells and whistles you have on your car the more money it will costs you to fix it. Otherwise, this car is fully loaded.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=225272546
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=211524867

If interested, what are you willing to pay for this one.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #10
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
This car is without CP, but to be honest 15 HPs is not that noticeable. Get your self a OFT tune and that will make a difference. Another school of thought is the more bells and whistles you have on your car the more money it will costs you to fix it. Otherwise, this car is fully loaded.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=225272546
This one is interesting for sure but I'm a little leary of cars w/ custom exhausts because they've usually been tuned as well. I've also never bought a car sight-unseen but I know there are independent 3rd parties that will help out w/ that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=211524867

If interested, what are you willing to pay for this one.
That's a good price for a '15, are those the newer M-sport seats? My max budget is $40k unfortunately. It's also a mid-west car, which I tend to avoid due to snow/salt.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #11
luv135i
Major
luv135i's Avatar
60
Rep
1,073
Posts

Drives: White
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Hey all - longtime member over on M3post, looking to sell me garage queen e90M3 (assuming I have the guts to sell such a magnificent vehicle) and replace it, and my DD 2014 Prius (yes, go ahead and lol but the thing is invincible AND invisible) w/ a 2014/15 F10 M5 CP. Couple of questions and I'd like to get everyone's thoughts.

Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
It will be tough to find an aftermarket warranty unless its offered through the dealer you buy from and even some of those are not covering a high mileage m5 but it shouldnt be hard finding a 14 for 40k. Ive been shopping for a legit warranty for mine for a while.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
Ickdeep's Avatar
United_States
5716
Rep
4,209
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
Hey!

I just bought my car after looking for like months. I first also wanted a 14+ with CP but here is the reason why I didn't end up getting it;
- Budget was also 40k
- There is a big price gab between 13 and 14 (average 5-7k)
- I passed on the CP package because replacing the carbon ceramic brakes is really expensive and I'm never going to use them to their full extent; regular brakes are good on the car. Also its really easy to tune these cars to get 650whp+ HP so the 15whp+ isn't worth it.
- I really liked the LCI steering wheel and headlights on the 14+ but I just ended up buying a steering wheel (just need an airbag) and I can do the lights whenever.

I would recommend the Executive package and the Driver Assistance package as these two were a base requirement for me. As for the B/O, you don't really need it because the standard speakers are pretty good (plus its off most of the time because I wanna hear the turbo spool)

Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

FYI, not every CP is equipped with CB

Last edited by WickedBMW; 12-20-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #14
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
93
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
FYI, not everyone CP is equipped with CB
Correct. Most of them aren't.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
WickedBMW
Major
WickedBMW's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: BIMMERPOST.com

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
This one is interesting for sure but I'm a little leary of cars w/ custom exhausts because they've usually been tuned as well. I've also never bought a car sight-unseen but I know there are independent 3rd parties that will help out w/ that.


That's a good price for a '15, are those the newer M-sport seats? My max budget is $40k unfortunately. It's also a mid-west car, which I tend to avoid due to snow/salt.
What I was trying to say is, if you find a car, or like a particular car, and you have a set price you willing to pay for that specific car, I can help you with negotiation tactics. I can tell you if your offer is realistic, or not. Just trying to help.
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #16
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
FYI, not every CP is equipped with CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
FYI, not every CP is equipped with CB
Interestingly, CCB are pretty darn rare. Don't think I've seen one yet during my search.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
pcohen15
Lieutenant
pcohen15's Avatar
380
Rep
533
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Hey all - longtime member over on M3post, looking to sell me garage queen e90M3 (assuming I have the guts to sell such a magnificent vehicle) and replace it, and my DD 2014 Prius (yes, go ahead and lol but the thing is invincible AND invisible) w/ a 2014/15 F10 M5 CP. Couple of questions and I'd like to get everyone's thoughts.

Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
I recently bought a '13 with 68k miles. Bought an aftermarket warranty (EFG) through my dealership, 4/50 for $6k.

I think the VIN is the only way to determine the presence of the CP. Most non-BMW dealers have no idea about these cars. There's a production guide on this forum that will detail all the differences throughout the F chassis run.

Executive Package is worth it, Drivers Assist not so much for me. I don't drive with most of the DA features on, but probably would if I drove on the highway more. The good seats (heated, cooled, semi-massaging) come with Exec Package.

B&O is worth it, if only for resale value down the line. It seems to be one of the extras that adds value, at least to KBB.com. If you like to listen to music, look for the B&O.

You'll save money buying a 13 vs. 14, and since I don't care for the LCI steering wheel, the extra money wasn't worth it to me. I bought a set of LCI grilles on eBay and don't care about differences in the lights.

Also bought mine sight-unseen on the other side of the country. PM me if you'd like my perspective and some tips on that process.

Be patient and hold out for what you really want re: colors. There are a bunch of M5s out there with 50-80k miles that have been (seemingly) well cared for and are going in the very low $30ks. Mine had a new set of PSSs on it, and good pad thickness on the brakes, so it was all the more appealing in addition to the exact color combo I wanted.

Good luck!
__________________
1972 Bavaria> 1973 3.0Si> 2013 328i> 2009 E92 M3> 2013 F10 M5: Singapore Gray over Sakhir Orange, Executive, Driving Assistance, B&O
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #18
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcohen15 View Post
I recently bought a '13 with 68k miles. Bought an aftermarket warranty (EFG) through my dealership, 4/50 for $6k.

I think the VIN is the only way to determine the presence of the CP. Most non-BMW dealers have no idea about these cars. There's a production guide on this forum that will detail all the differences throughout the F chassis run.

Executive Package is worth it, Drivers Assist not so much for me. I don't drive with most of the DA features on, but probably would if I drove on the highway more. The good seats (heated, cooled, semi-massaging) come with Exec Package.

B&O is worth it, if only for resale value down the line. It seems to be one of the extras that adds value, at least to KBB.com. If you like to listen to music, look for the B&O.

You'll save money buying a 13 vs. 14, and since I don't care for the LCI steering wheel, the extra money wasn't worth it to me. I bought a set of LCI grilles on eBay and don't care about differences in the lights.

Also bought mine sight-unseen on the other side of the country. PM me if you'd like my perspective and some tips on that process.

Be patient and hold out for what you really want re: colors. There are a bunch of M5s out there with 50-80k miles that have been (seemingly) well cared for and are going in the very low $30ks. Mine had a new set of PSSs on it, and good pad thickness on the brakes, so it was all the more appealing in addition to the exact color combo I wanted.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback pcohen15. I've come to the same conclusion as you about the Exec Pkg, I think it's a must have w/ those seats. I'm not hung up on a 14 over a 13, especially since there's such a price gap, however I would like a competition package car, which first showed up in the 2014's. The thing is, I hate the CP wheels and prefer the 343's. Definitely will hold out for the right one. My M3 sold yesterday so I'll be looking for the right car a bit more seriously now. I'll definitely PM you about your perspective on flying and buying sight-unseen. Thanks!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #19
pcohen15
Lieutenant
pcohen15's Avatar
380
Rep
533
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Thanks for the feedback pcohen15. I've come to the same conclusion as you about the Exec Pkg, I think it's a must have w/ those seats. I'm not hung up on a 14 over a 13, especially since there's such a price gap, however I would like a competition package car, which first showed up in the 2014's. The thing is, I hate the CP wheels and prefer the 343's. Definitely will hold out for the right one. My M3 sold yesterday so I'll be looking for the right car a bit more seriously now. I'll definitely PM you about your perspective on flying and buying sight-unseen. Thanks!
I responded to your PM. Congrats on the sale and good hunting!
__________________
1972 Bavaria> 1973 3.0Si> 2013 328i> 2009 E92 M3> 2013 F10 M5: Singapore Gray over Sakhir Orange, Executive, Driving Assistance, B&O
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      12-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #20
BBONG
Captain
BBONG's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2016 F10 M5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Loma Linda, CA

iTrader: (8)

Hello. I am going back and forth about f80 m3 or f10 m5.
I come across this M5 and I wonder if this is a good deal.

2014 White/ Sakhir Orange Interior
about 40K mileage.
2 owners show on carfax
Price: $48k.
Transmission: DCT
Packages: Only have CP

How much you guys think is a good price to offer the dealer?
please let me know. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #21
94jedi
Major
United_States
829
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb View Post
Hello. I am going back and forth about f80 m3 or f10 m5.
I come across this M5 and I wonder if this is a good deal.

2014 White/ Sakhir Orange Interior
about 40K mileage.
2 owners show on carfax
Price: $48k.
Transmission: DCT
Packages: Only have CP

How much you guys think is a good price to offer the dealer?
please let me know. Thank you.
Seems to be about what dealers are asking for that car; maybe a bit high though. I would try to get the dealer down to 43-45k maybe even a bit less since it doesn't have the exec pkg, B&O, driver assist, etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #22
BBONG
Captain
BBONG's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2016 F10 M5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Loma Linda, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Seems to be about what dealers are asking for that car; maybe a bit high though. I would try to get the dealer down to 43-45k maybe even a bit less since it doesn't have the exec pkg, B&O, driver assist, etc.
Thank you for the input. i will try to negotiate with them.
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST