M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-28-2021, 09:13 PM   #45
TexasJester
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Have you seen the new Dodge TRX with a Hellcat engine? 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Even I want to trade my BMW in for one of those.

I picked up the truck yesterday but kept the Alpina XB7 too!!!!
Appreciate 1
Bruuuce341.50
      08-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #46
TexasJester
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
You couldn't pay me to drive a lifted truck. Couldn't think of anything more opposite of my persona.
Find and drive a ram TRX and you might disregard that statement. My wife thought it was the ugliest thing she ever seen til she rode in it & after she drove it she said she might like it better than her Alpina XB7 and that there is a HUGE statement.
Appreciate 2
Bumpinjeep5356.00
houbmw65.50
      08-29-2021, 01:07 AM   #47
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, ‘08 328i, ‘03 316ti

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2021 View Post
I encounter many private sellers put out the reason for selling: I want to switch to truck.
Some even willing to trade their BMW with truck. They bought a BMW and owned it for several months only.
Nothing wrong with that. It just so many of them with the same reason.
I traded in my beloved 335is for a 4Runner a few years back
And zero regrets ever since..

PS: so what I meant to say... it's absolutely ... normal
I have both a 4Runner and a 335i. They are both great vehicles and I enjoy driving them differently according to their characters. We currently have multiple BMWs and Toyota trucks/SUVs. I have had different BMWs over the years and always enjoyed the brand (with the exception of the current 4series grille). However, if I was forced to only have one vehicle, I would very likely pick the 4Runner. It is such a versatile, well-built and durable machine and very comfortable to drive too.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2021, 01:53 AM   #48
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, ‘08 328i, ‘03 316ti

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2021 View Post
I encounter many private sellers put out the reason for selling: I want to switch to truck.
Some even willing to trade their BMW with truck. They bought a BMW and owned it for several months only.
Nothing wrong with that. It just so many of them with the same reason.
I traded in my beloved 335is for a 4Runner a few years back
And zero regrets ever since..

PS: so what I meant to say... it's absolutely ... normal
I have both a 4Runner and a 335i. They are both great vehicles and I enjoy driving them differently according to their characters. We currently have multiple BMWs and Toyota trucks/SUVs. I have had different BMWs over the years and always enjoyed the brand (with the exception of the current 4series grille). However, if I was forced to only have one vehicle, I would very likely pick the 4Runner. It is such a versatile, well-built and durable machine and very comfortable to drive too.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #49
maxdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 GRolla; MDX S

After many years of coupes and sedans with manual transmissions, my current daily is a Tundra. Love this beast!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMWinAZ104.00
      08-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #50
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

I got a truck when I was fixing up my first house that was a beat up foreclosure. Hated driving and parking it. When I was done with my house I sold it and bought my first bmw a 2008 335xi. Loved it, put a lot of miles on it and it got a little beat up trying to haul things. Couldn't do what the truck did. So when it was at end of its life I sold it and got a truck. What do you know but I hated driving it, but it came in real handy when I needed to haul stuff. So I kept it and bought a 2017 340ix.
I drive my truck more beck and forth to my jobs to keep the miles off the bmw but when I just want to scoot around town I'll take the 340.
The truck is just a basic extenda can medium bed 4x4 without the luxury, ya sure I'd like the truck to be loaded, but would rather have the 340 and a cheap truck.
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50
      08-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #51
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdriver View Post
After many years of coupes and sedans with manual transmissions, my current daily is a Tundra. Love this beast!
I had a Platinum in the exact same color. It was a wonderful daily driver.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #52
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Anybody trading in a sporty German car for a truck was never an enthusiast to begin with. Good riddance.

I understand why people get trucks but dislike them myself. They are too large, a menace on roads, and majority of the owners are assholes. If by some odd chance I develop a hobby for the outdoors and subsequently need to carry/tow stuff I'd consider a truck, but otherwise I'll never drive one.
Yeah none of your post makes sense.

Why cant you like both? Why are you all of the sudden not an enthusiast because you bought a truck? I personally like all type of vehicles and brands and don't pigeonhole myself.

You do understand that people that drive BMW's are perceived very similarly to your description on a person who drives a truck?

Just another judgement thread I guess. People seem to like judging others for their decisions even though they know nothing about the person and the circumstance.
Appreciate 5
jmack548.50
Violator4587.50
BMWinAZ104.00
      08-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #53
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Anybody trading in a sporty German car for a truck was never an enthusiast to begin with. Good riddance.

I understand why people get trucks but dislike them myself. They are too large, a menace on roads, and majority of the owners are assholes. If by some odd chance I develop a hobby for the outdoors and subsequently need to carry/tow stuff I'd consider a truck, but otherwise I'll never drive one.
you need to drive some of these performance trucks or a performance oriented modded one. on par with these german "sporty cars". Especially if you think a 328 or is250 or Alfa Ti is a sporty car.

F150s running 11 second 1/4 on e85 w/ tune while still being able to go offroading.

But, I'd love for people falling for your logic. Cause then truck prices wouldnt be so outrageous and i could replace mine.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #54
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

That's not sporty, that's just power. Meh.
Appreciate 5
      08-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #55
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That's not sporty, that's just power. Meh.
Opposed to a 2013 X3 which is neither? I don’t see your argument.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #56
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I don't think that poster was referencing a X3, it was a 3 series.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1363.50
      08-31-2021, 08:15 AM   #57
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

I never owned a truck until I traded in my old GT500 (miss that thing) for a '14 Raptor a few years ago. I missed the performance aspect for sure, but there's just SOMETHING about moving from a vehicle that I had to stress over every aspect of driving to the laissez-faire freedom you get from a tank of a vehicle.

It was awesome for a few years, the utility couldn't be beat, took long ass road trips in it. Sold it for the M4 and never once looked back, but I'll end up with another truck eventually - maybe a coyote 5.0 F150 or something.
      08-31-2021, 08:20 AM   #58
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
...Opposed to a 2013 X3 which is neither? I don’t see your argument.

Just another judgement thread I guess. People seem to like judging others for their decisions even though they know nothing about the person and the circumstance.
Apparently. You seem to be the annoyed/judgmental one. If you want to be rude to BMW owners, maybe a truck forum would be better for you. Their argument is simply a statement of truth and power has nothing to do with being sporty. The X3, in any form, will always be sportier than a truck.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 08:53 AM   #59
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Apparently. You seem to be the annoyed/judgmental one. If you want to be rude to BMW owners, maybe a truck forum would be better for you. Their argument is simply a statement of truth and power has nothing to do with being sporty. The X3, in any form, will always be sportier than a truck.
Incorrect. There are many trucks that have more sport than a 2013 X3. It’s not rude if it’s a fact. If you want to be blind to it that’s up to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 09:11 AM   #60
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Incorrect. There are many trucks that have more sport than a 2013 X3. It’s not rude if it’s a fact. If you want to be blind to it that’s up to you.
Actually, anyone trying to hide rudeness by claiming "it's not rude, if it's a fact," is the definition of a-hole douche-bag. You can be honest or truthful and still remain tactful. You have achieved neither.
Appreciate 2
Vivek.1363.50
stein_325i25051.00
      08-31-2021, 09:16 AM   #61
Bruuuce
the me
Rep
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

I have at least one of each kind, so I must fit into each stereotype and why compromise for not thing or another

truck
bmw
jeep

oh the humanity

again they each have their great uses and really 99 percent of us don't use any of the vehicles to their potential. Well except for the people who buy appreciating vehicles, they are smart.
Appreciate 2
BMWinAZ104.00
      08-31-2021, 09:19 AM   #62
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
You are the only person here that seems to be annoyed, Alfasti has a X3 and if it fits his needs, great, and just stated that straight line power is not sporty. If doing 11s on the 1/4 mile is the whole of 'sporty' to you then more power to you, but seems majority of posters here seems to agree that power is just a portion of 'sporty'

Modern trucks are impressive, practical, fast, cheap, but they are hardly the byword for 'sporty', and majority of buyers (yourself likely not in that common crowd since you seem to think performance trucks are sporty) are not buying it for 'sporty' driving
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/lime-...uphill-chicane

10 seconds a lap behind a dinky 'girly' unpractical, cannot go off-road MINI Cooper GP on a 1.5 mile circuit, that is an eternity, and for a car that's only capable of doing 13 seconds a 1/4 mile, I guess that's not sporty for you then.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 3
Vivek.1363.50
stein_325i25051.00
      08-31-2021, 10:42 AM   #63
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Actually, anyone trying to hide rudeness by claiming "it's not rude, if it's a fact," is the definition of a-hole douche-bag. You can be honest or truthful and still remain tactful. You have achieved neither.
Lol .. ok buddy.
Sorry I hurt your feelings because you drive an X3.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #64
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
You are the only person here that seems to be annoyed, Alfasti has a X3 and if it fits his needs, great, and just stated that straight line power is not sporty. If doing 11s on the 1/4 mile is the whole of 'sporty' to you then more power to you, but seems majority of posters here seems to agree that power is just a portion of 'sporty'

Modern trucks are impressive, practical, fast, cheap, but they are hardly the byword for 'sporty', and majority of buyers (yourself likely not in that common crowd since you seem to think performance trucks are sporty) are not buying it for 'sporty' driving
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/lime-...uphill-chicane

10 seconds a lap behind a dinky 'girly' unpractical, cannot go off-road MINI Cooper GP on a 1.5 mile circuit, that is an eternity, and for a car that's only capable of doing 13 seconds a 1/4 mile, I guess that's not sporty for you then.
When did I state sport is defined by a straight line? Never
When were you voted the spokesperson for the majority? Again ..never

Here is just one example… Google videos of a stock Raptor running desert trails. It takes more than just straight line power to achieve what it can on landscapes other then the street. Sport doesn’t just mean driving around a track or maneuvering through some cones.

I’ve bought and own both but I’m not ignorant to the abilities and yes sportiness of both. My response was directly to the person claiming trucks are not sporty and drives a 2013 X3 which is not what I would call sporty. Right …if it fits his/her needs that’s all that matters.

….and now back to the original thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #65
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
When did I state sport is defined by a straight line? Never
When were you voted the spokesperson for the majority? Again ..never

Here is just one example… Google videos of a stock Raptor running desert trails. It takes more than just straight line power to achieve what it can on landscapes other then the street. Sport doesn’t just mean driving around a track or maneuvering through some cones.

I’ve bought and own both but I’m not ignorant to the abilities and yes sportiness of both. My response was directly to the person claiming trucks are not sporty and drives a 2013 X3 which is not what I would call sporty. Right …if it fits his/her needs that’s all that matters.

….and now back to the original thread.
He could drive a Peterbilt and claim an 11 second F150 isn't sporty. What does his car have to do with his opinion

Anyways, the Ram TRX seems to be the most lauded in this thread and I'd much rather have my e92 which is far quicker than a Hellcat and can still fit a bicycle in the trunk if I so desired.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #66
jmack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OG M2, E70 X5M

Everyone I know with a sporty car also owns a truck, actually I'd say almost everyone I know owns a truck period. I don't get why this thread acts like it's a one-or-the-other situation. Having a dedicated sports car and truck is the way to go.
Appreciate 5
JasonCSU699.00
hellrotm4142.50
BMWinAZ104.00
Alfisti6452.50