M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

09-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #1
Stidge20
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Opinion on M5 via dealership

I'm looking to get some opinions on price / condition on the following M5.
Here is the listing:
https://www.bmwusa.com/certified-pre...FV9C58FD595181
Carfax:
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...FV9C58FD595181

1. As you can see there have been 4 minor accidents. I visually inspected and drove the car with no issues. How much difficulty could this cause me in re-selling? How concerned would you be about this?
2. The 78k miles on it worry me, it was also leased for a bit which makes me concerned it's been driven hard. The car comes with a 60 day drive train warranty which I don't see as too valuable. Would you recommend an after market warranty? BMW offered me one for 5k from a company called Continental Inc for 36 months. This seems pricey but possibly worthwhile considering some major stuff may go wrong in this car in the next 3 years
3. According to the dealer they just replaced the battery, 2 tires (other ones tread looks ok), re-balanced and the brake pads have been done recently. I mamuallly tested the idrive, AC and as much other features as I could think of when I drove it. But obviously can't really tell if the clutch is on the blink or maybe they just patched up something. I do not really trust that the dealership does a decent inspection. What are your thoughts on how risky relying on them is? Should I pay for my own PPI even when buying from a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

really I would never consider to buy any M, Alpina or AMG or RS car with high miles, you never know how car was abused before you and with this high miles its 100% was abused... or if you got really good deal so you can have extra $10k savings just in case for built engine or rebuilt engine.
how much was price for this one?
Appreciate 0