M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-14-2022, 08:27 AM   #771
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

The Vikes were down by 17 points with 1:40 left in the 3rd quarter and somehow won. What is Josh Allen doing throwing 2 redzone picks and then fumbling it in the bills endzone? As a Vikes fan I still have the-- are the Vikes really good or lucky-- thoughts in my head but holy crap the Vikes just wanted that game more. Yes the Bills made mistakes but the Vikes were always there to capitalize.

Now the Vikes are 2 point underdogs against Dallas at home. Gee thanks Vegas for the respect....... Should be a fun game.
      11-14-2022, 08:29 AM   #772
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
Haha Beckham your catch has been replaced! Love it
That JJ catch was completely unreal!! My son and me lost it when they announced it was a catch. At first glance it looked like an interception or incomplete.
UncleWede17883.00
      11-14-2022, 08:36 AM   #773
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
The Vikes were down by 17 points with 1:40 left in the 3rd quarter and somehow won. What is Josh Allen doing throwing 2 redzone picks and then fumbling it in the bills endzone? As a Vikes fan I still have the-- are the Vikes really good or lucky-- thoughts in my head but holy crap the Vikes just wanted that game more. Yes the Bills made mistakes but the Vikes were always there to capitalize.

Now the Vikes are 2 point underdogs against Dallas at home. Gee thanks Vegas for the respect....... Should be a fun game.
Mahomes/Reid and Co would like to thank the Vikings and it should be a great game against Dallas on Sunday. Luckily, it’s not a prime time game so I’ll pick the Vikings to win. However, according to two (2) Packer fans and one (1) Cowboy fan above, I’m a Dallas fan

I do wish for an early Christmas gift - for the Giants to send that bum Golladay packing and release this quitter.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      11-14-2022, 08:50 AM   #774
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Mahomes/Reid and Co would like to thank the Vikings and it should be a great game against Dallas on Sunday. Luckily, it’s not a prime time game so I’ll pick the Vikings to win. However, according to two (2) Packer fans and one (1) Cowboy fan above, I’m a Dallas fan

I do wish for an early Christmas gift - for the Giants to send that bum Golladay packing and release this quitter.
cmon, its not that bad. Every week you get a lot of hope, then an eventually let down. Its a great ride and gives you plenty of excuses to get blackout drunk

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 09:14 AM   #775
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
cmon, its not that bad. Every week you get a lot of hope, then an eventually let down. Its a great ride and gives you plenty of excuses to get blackout drunk
TXSTYLE, your thoughts? Am I cool enough to join the Cowboy bandwagon circle? Am I worthy?

And why did McCarthy go for it in 4th down? Plus, the Giants need OBJ as Jones needs WR help. Therefore, please don’t sign him.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 09:32 AM   #776
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
TXSTYLE, your thoughts? Am I cool enough to join the Cowboy bandwagon circle? Am I worthy?

And why did McCarthy go for it in 4th down? Plus, the Giants need OBJ as Jones needs WR help. Therefore, please don’t sign him.

Thanks.
Going for it on 4th was the right move.

53yd FG in to the wind is not an automatic kick. And even if you make it, you still give Rodgers the ball back for an opportunity to score.

The playcalling leading up to going for it was not great. If you were going for it on 4th, run the ball on 3rd and pick up some easy yards. Our running game was doing well late in the game. Even if they called the DPI or CD somehow caught it while being tackled before the ball got there, wasnt a great play call. If anything, that would have been a better 4th down play than whatever they fuck they called on 4th.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 10:36 AM   #777
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Unfoking real.

Where do I begin....

McCarthy is an incompetent, fat fuk! In that scenario, you kick the field goal, period!

Dak is Whack!

Defense was obviously NOT used to playing in the Cold because they were lethargic AF.

A complete and total embarrassment for ALL of Cowboys fans.

Sean Peyton can't get here soon enough.

If we lose to Vikings, the season is essentially a wrap. Even if we become a Wildcard, 1 and done. *edit... I guess it depends on whom they get matched up with.

But if we beat the Vikings and Eagles, I reserve the right to change my opinion.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 11-14-2022 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      11-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #778
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks.
Haha! My dude....

Well, see my post above.

OBJ is apparently asking for $20M/Year. As badly as we need him, I ain't paying him that much! Dude needs to calm down on that BS.

And even with GB squeaking by last night, they won't even make Wildcard so their fans can squash that shit. That was the highlight of their season.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 10:53 AM   #779
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Haha! My dude....

Well, see my post above.

OBJ is apparently asking for $20M/Year. As badly as we need him, I ain't paying him that much! Dude needs to calm down on that BS.

And even with GB squeaking by last night, they won't even make Wildcard so their fans can squash that shit. That was the highlight of their season.
$20M/yr? So if he’s asking that for this season (pro-rated) $1.176M a game?

Yikes.

Oh, what did I say about Kenny Golladay earlier? He played his heart out yesterday. Those two drops, that’s on Daniel Jones lol
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 10:57 AM   #780
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Unfoking real.

Where do I begin....

McCarthy is an incompetent, fat fuk! In that scenario, you kick the field goal, period!

Dak is Whack!

Defense was obviously NOT used to playing in the Cold because they were lethargic AF.

A complete and total embarrassment for ALL of Cowboys fans.

Sean Peyton can't get here soon enough.

If we lose to Vikings, the season is essentially a wrap. Even if we become a Wildcard, 1 and done. *edit... I guess it depends on whom they get matched up with.

But if we beat the Vikings and Eagles, I reserve the right to change my opinion.
maybe you have more optimism than me, but i was not confident in maher making that kick, and definitely not confident that the defense wouldnt allow Rodgers to march downfield and score, like he has in nearly every game weve ever played vs him. Smart move was going for it, and analytics backed that up.

Would you rather put the game in the hands of the offense, who scored 28pts and was moving the ball well despite penalties, or the defense, who allowed 14pts in the 4th quarter?

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 11:00 AM   #781
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:

Thanks.
Dude you are way too realistic about your team to be a Cowboys fan. They lead the league in excuses every year. Just reference the last few posts....
So now that we beat Dallas, Packers can now go back to losing rest of the games to finally get some good draft position.
Appreciate 3
F30lolz6798.50
GERMAN M34176.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #782
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
maybe you have more optimism than me, but i was not confident in maher making that kick, and definitely not confident that the defense wouldnt allow Rodgers to march downfield and score, like he has in nearly every game weve ever played vs him. Smart move was going for it, and analytics backed that up.

Would you rather put the game in the hands of the offense, who scored 28pts and was moving the ball well despite penalties, or the defense, who allowed 14pts in the 4th quarter?
I could definitely see the case for kicking, considering Rogers history and the lame Defensive play. But... Sometimes you simply have to play for the points.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 11:32 AM   #783
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Exclamation

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...-new-contract/

Odell Beckham reportedly wants at least $20 million per year on his new contract
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 12:02 PM   #784
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Dude you are way too realistic about your team to be a Cowboys fan. They lead the league in excuses every year. Just reference the last few posts....
So now that we beat Dallas, Packers can now go back to losing rest of the games to finally get some good draft position.
Good QB draft so they’ll have to tank in order to guarantee a good pick. They do, however, still have a shot at the WC.

Giants have to play mistake free football in order to win. No turnovers, no dumb a$$ penalties, etc…. Everyone said this was a 4 win team and they have exceeding expectations so I’m going to ride this train as long as possible before it derails.

Quote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...-new-contract/

Odell Beckham reportedly wants at least $20 million per year on his new contract
This is from 2018. Did I time travel back?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:02 PM   #785
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good QB draft so they’ll have to tank in order to guarantee a good pick. They do, however, still have a shot at the WC.

Giants have to play mistake free football in order to win. No turnovers, no dumb a$$ penalties, etc…. Everyone said this was a 4 win team and they have exceeding expectations so I’m going to ride this train as long as possible before it derails.

This is from 2018. Did I time travel back?
My bad.... Wrong article: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/odell-beckham-jr-wants-20-million-dallas-cowboys-lying-all-in-jerry-jones-buffalo-bills-rumor-free-agency
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:11 PM   #786
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

That was an unreal Vikings win. They were simply luckier than the Bills.

But, JJ's catch, that is one for the HoF reels some day!

8-1, we have 1/2 the season left to manage one more win and break that .500/season goal!!!

SKOL!!!!!
      11-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #787
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That was an unreal Vikings win. They were simply luckier than the Bills.

But, JJ's catch, that is one for the HoF reels some day!

8-1, we have 1/2 the season left to manage one more win and break that .500/season goal!!!

SKOL!!!!!
Better catch than OBJ and at least you guys won the game. You gotta be pumped up about this team.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:24 PM   #788
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Better catch than OBJ and at least you guys won the game. You gotta be pumped up about this team.
Like JMcLellan stated, I don't know whether to be pumped, or just know it's all going to come crashing down.

OORRRRR, could this be the year?????
      11-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #789
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like JMcLellan stated, I don't know whether to be pumped, or just know it's all going to come crashing down.

Trying to take it one week at a time but it feels like there is some mojo there to make a run. So much time left in the season and we need to carry that mojo into the games that start to matter more.
      11-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #790
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Trying to take it one week at a time but it feels like there is some mojo there to make a run. So much time left in the season and we need to carry that mojo into the games that start to matter more.
One down, one series, one quarter, one half, one game at a time. Ride the wave for as long as possible. Things could be worse as we could be Texan fans.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      11-14-2022, 02:42 PM   #791
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
One down, one series, one quarter, one half, one game at a time. Ride the wave for as long as possible. Things could be worse as we could be Texan fans.
Could be worse than that and be Eagles fans.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 03:27 PM   #792
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

As a Cowboys fan I honestly had a feeling that they would lose yesterdays game. Dallas just can’t get over the Green Bay hump. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers have went 9-1 against the Cowboys dating back to 2009. They just seem to be the Cowboys kryptonite. No matter how bad the Packers have been playing, they stepped up against the Boys.