M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-15-2022, 02:36 PM   #1
m5_Daz
Rep
Drives: m5 f10

Milky underneath oil filler cap

Hi, so I recently changed my oil to 5W40 and it has worked wonders for my oil consumption, however I needed a small top up and whe. I removed the filler cap I noticed some milky build up around the neck of the filler , never noticed this before. Car is not using any water so doubt it is cylinder head, plus my oil level is decreasing.if it was water it would increase. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5_Daz View Post
Hi, so I recently changed my oil to 5W40 and it has worked wonders for my oil consumption, however I needed a small top up and whe. I removed the filler cap I noticed some milky build up around the neck of the filler , never noticed this before. Car is not using any water so doubt it is cylinder head, plus my oil level is decreasing.if it was water it would increase. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?
It's just condensation and is quite normal. If you look after a longish run I highly doubt it would be there. Short journeys can cause this too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Yeah it's normal, I get it too since these days I mostly only go to the gym with the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Used to get the same on mine mate when i had the M5. Short journeys are what tend to cause this milkiness, take it for a good blast and you will notice it will be gone
Appreciate 0